Hazzard County theme night???

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Hazzard County theme night???

Postby qtrican » Tue May 01, 2018 7:22 pm

So this will be our third trip to RM, fourth to Desire as a whole. We had all of our costumes purchased and ready to go. I logged on to the theme nights page today and saw that white night will be replaced with "Hazzard County" night after July first. For girls, I know what to wear but can I get some opinons on what guys will be wearing? August in Mexico in jeans, a long sleeved plaid shirt and boots just sounds heat stroke hot! What will your hubby be wearing??? Thanks for any help!
Steve & Yvonne
2014 Pearl
2015 RM
2016 RM
2017 Hedo
2018 RM
qtrican
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Aug 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Hazzard County theme night???

Postby Explorer79 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:34 pm

Could still go with all white and be Boss Hogg. Getting that all sexed up might be a bit more of a challenge.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby qtrican » Sat May 19, 2018 11:56 am

I see this thread has been read a bunch but no one has any replies. I'm wondering if it is even worth it to replace white night with Hazzard county. If no one dresses up in the theme is it even worth it?
Steve & Yvonne
2014 Pearl
2015 RM
2016 RM
2017 Hedo
2018 RM
qtrican
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 03 Aug 2018

Postby Explorer79 » Sat May 19, 2018 12:56 pm

Actually this was discussed fairly extensively in another thread:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=8969
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby GerryandJeannine » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:18 pm

I'm wearing wranglers, western shirt with the sleeves cut out, & boots (I'm from Texas, so this is an easy one, lol).
GerryandJeannine
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 09 Jul 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby wetintally » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:46 pm

You could go for funny! A pair of cut-off overhauls and trucker hat. Or a pair of boxers and "dirty" wife beater and trucker hat. Or something really odd like a haz-mat suit
wetintally
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 11 Jun 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby TigerClaw & KittyPaw » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:02 pm

Explorer79 wrote:Actually this was discussed fairly extensively in another thread:

Reading through that thread brings up a lot of good points. There's so many great themes that could be done, and I just feel like Hazzard county is a "swing and a miss". Not to say anything of the political conversations it could start, but the Dukes of Hazzard haven't been relevant in 30 years. Whats next? Magnum P.I? Cheers? Friends themes? I get that Daisy Duke was a sexual icon but I think we can do better. Furthermore, there's people who come from all over the world, not just the US, who won't "get" the references we're supposed to be going for.

I personally like the Neon and Uniform nights, although Naughty Nautical is basically Uniform lite (sidebar - I tried talking KittyPaw into letting me be Aquaman and her a mermaid for it but was quickly shot down because I guess its supposed to be uniformed sailors and stuff). Tape art was okay but we stressed over making it look "cool". I didn't get the Latin/Havana Nights stuff, but I tried.

There's gotta be something better that everyone loves. Right? Maybe a 007 James Bond night with suave tuxes (suits?) and sexy dresses, or "anything but clothes", or body paint night, or jungle themed, or Rock n' Roll themed, or....... hell I don't know. These all have probably been tried before.
TigerClaw & KittyPaw
Desire Fan

Postby canuck63 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:41 am

When all else fails, like some of the recent theme nights have, just dress to impress. The resort will get the hint and change the theme when no one is taking part in it, same as happened with tape night. Too many clothes or way to much effort after all day in the sun drinking makes for a bad theme.
canuck63
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 26 Apr 2024

Postby Mystra » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:12 am

TigerClaw & KittyPaw wrote:
Explorer79 wrote:Actually this was discussed fairly extensively in another thread:

Reading through that thread brings up a lot of good points. There's so many great themes that could be done, and I just feel like Hazzard county is a "swing and a miss". Not to say anything of the political conversations it could start, but the Dukes of Hazzard haven't been relevant in 30 years. Whats next? Magnum P.I? Cheers? Friends themes? I get that Daisy Duke was a sexual icon but I think we can do better. Furthermore, there's people who come from all over the world, not just the US, who won't "get" the references we're supposed to be going for.

I personally like the Neon and Uniform nights, although Naughty Nautical is basically Uniform lite (sidebar - I tried talking KittyPaw into letting me be Aquaman and her a mermaid for it but was quickly shot down because I guess its supposed to be uniformed sailors and stuff). Tape art was okay but we stressed over making it look "cool". I didn't get the Latin/Havana Nights stuff, but I tried.

There's gotta be something better that everyone loves. Right? Maybe a 007 James Bond night with suave tuxes (suits?) and sexy dresses, or "anything but clothes", or body paint night, or jungle themed, or Rock n' Roll themed, or....... hell I don't know. These all have probably been tried before.

They have indeed had 007-ish night, ABC, and animal print. Personally we would have preferred having Latin Night removed and neon kept.
SLS: Mystra284 (dormant)
Kik: MrMystra
Mystra
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 22 Sep 2018

Postby Explorer79 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:28 pm

TigerClaw & KittyPaw wrote:I personally like the Neon and Uniform nights, although Naughty Nautical is basically Uniform lite (sidebar - I tried talking KittyPaw into letting me be Aquaman and her a mermaid for it but was quickly shot down because I guess its supposed to be uniformed sailors and stuff).

Well that's too bad,, that would've been awesome. When we were there people did mermaids and other nautical themes besides just sailors. It was surprisingly one of the more creative nights by the group.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby TigerClaw & KittyPaw » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:25 pm

Explorer79 wrote:
TigerClaw & KittyPaw wrote:I personally like the Neon and Uniform nights, although Naughty Nautical is basically Uniform lite (sidebar - I tried talking KittyPaw into letting me be Aquaman and her a mermaid for it but was quickly shot down because I guess its supposed to be uniformed sailors and stuff).

Well that's too bad,, that would've been awesome. When we were there people did mermaids and other nautical themes besides just sailors. It was surprisingly one of the more creative nights by the group.

Yeah I was excited for that idea because I like the character, but like I said, she wasn't having it. Maybe do a superhero themed night? I know superheroes are big right now with all the movies, however I think it might be getting a little oversaturated and people are getting burnt out on them. Plus, you'd have to bring a superhero costume with you and essentially be cosplaying. Probably not a great idea.
TigerClaw & KittyPaw
Desire Fan

Postby TigerClaw & KittyPaw » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:30 pm

Mystra wrote:They have indeed had 007-ish night, ABC, and animal print. Personally we would have preferred having Latin Night removed and neon kept.

How did the "anything but clothes" night go over? Did people not participate? Because I feel like that would be fun and easy to do, and the creativity of some of them would lead to discussions and compliments. Also, probably show a lot of skin at the same time. Win-win? :D
TigerClaw & KittyPaw
Desire Fan

Postby desireaddict » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:49 am

TigerClaw & KittyPaw wrote:
Mystra wrote:They have indeed had 007-ish night, ABC, and animal print. Personally we would have preferred having Latin Night removed and neon kept.

How did the "anything but clothes" night go over? Did people not participate? Because I feel like that would be fun and easy to do, and the creativity of some of them would lead to discussions and compliments. Also, probably show a lot of skin at the same time. Win-win? :D

IMO -- ABC was one of the best themes. Lots of participation and creativity. (But you know what they say about opinions......)

Life is Good!
DA
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya