Day Bed Rentals

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Day Bed Rentals

Postby Eagerbever21 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:50 pm

Hi,

New to this resort, How does one sign up for a Day Bed at the beach or near the Jacuzzi?

TIA
Eagerbever21
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 05 Oct 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Day Bed Rentals

Postby texascouple1208 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:18 am

For a beach bed, just wander to the beach and speak to Rene. He will usually seek you out once he sees you on the beach and set you up with a beach bed. He is very helpful.

As for the jacuzzi beds, these cannot be reserved, and they are not intended to be. They are more first come, first served. The courteous thing to do is to put your belongings in a cubby near the bar, lay towels out on the jacuzzi bed you intend to use, and when you are finished, toss the towels into the used towel bin so that someone else can use the bed. The jacuzzi beds are intended more for play time, rather than hanging out and lounging all afternoon, if that makes sense.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby jla4now » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:50 am

Is there a charge for beach beds?
51F/50M
KIK - jla4now
SLS - werup4funwithu
Kasidie - werup4funwithu
jla4now

We arrive on: 22 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS KIK

Postby BillandJill » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:49 am

There is no charge for the beds, but they do need to be reserved. There is are separate attendants for the pool beds and the beach beds. I think they have to be reserved same day, as in you can't reserve a bed for tomorrow. I generally wake up early-ish (730-9) and wander out to get coffee and reserve a bed while there were still good choices. The attendant (David at the pool) will put towels on the bed for you to use, which also signifies it's reserved.
BillandJill

We arrive on: 31 Jan 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby bmerryman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:29 pm

We just returned from RM and I was surprised at how many couples took a Jacuzzi bed and napped for hours on it. We finally figured out not to go to the Jacuzzi until AFTER the disco was shutting down. Seemed to be only a few couples then and only the true "players".
Desire RM 01/03/16
Desire RM 04/12/17
Desire RM 06/05/18
Desire RM 11/09/19
bmerryman
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Nov 2019

Postby txcouple13 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:30 am

We have never had to reserve a bed on the beach and honestly don't get down there until 9:00 or 10:00, and there is always one available. Hope I didn't just jinx us for our upcoming trip. :) Also there is no charge but I do tip Renee and he typically sees us each morning and goes ahead and gets us a bed without asking.

The jacuzzi beds are not available to reserve and I agree with texascouple on the courtesy. For us we do not use the beds by the jacuzzi unless we are playing as if we are not playing we are usually in the jacuzzi or standing at the bar.

Not sure about the beds by the pool but they are typically always full so that definitely would be one I would get up early for if you are wanting a bed by the pool.

We typically get the beach bed to relax and enjoy time alone at the beach, and just go into the pool to be social.

Have fun on your first trip!
RM- August 2013
RM- September 2015
RM- July 2016
RM- July 2017
RM- August 2018
RM- July 2019
RM- August 2020

Kasidie- txcouple13
txcouple13
Desire Lover