Newbies Age Range

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Newbies Age Range

Postby Auzzvb22 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:06 am

Everywhere we have gone together we have been the youngest couple. Now 31 and 30. Never a problem we have met some fantastic people from all age ranges. This will be our first Adventure being naked together around people and we are beyond excited. Is there a specific group or time of year that tends to skew younger? This will not be a deciding factor as our schedules is the biggest key and like I said it has never been an issue before. But we would like to know if there is a younger group we can try and join that is more in the 30s and 40s range so that we can be around people in similar stages of life. Hope not to offend and we will have a blast with any age range especially since we are not necessarily in the lifestyle.

I know this topic has been somewhat covered before. Would like to bump it back up to see if there has been any new groups visiting the resort.

Hope to see some of you there!
Auzzvb22

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Newbies Age Range

Postby Jandcj » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:29 am

look into going in Aug. Promo month sexy,young & wild month.
SLS: Jengas
KIK: Jenga844
Jandcj
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Aug 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby Auzzvb22 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:37 am

Okay great thank you! We will look into that. I wonder if it is actually younger or just a marketing scheme. I know the price tag weeds out a lot of the younger crowd, and that is a good thing for the most part. That's one of the things that actually drove us to look into desire
Auzzvb22

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:33 pm

Auzzvb22 wrote:Okay great thank you! We will look into that. I wonder if it is actually younger or just a marketing scheme. I know the price tag weeds out a lot of the younger crowd, and that is a good thing for the most part. That's one of the things that actually drove us to look into desire

I think this is generally it, but that's just conjecture on my part. I've read reports of people who have said things like "Maybe it skews a little bit younger, maybe" and "No difference that I could tell". I've never heard anything like "Wow, the average age skews a good 10 years younger in August". You'd figure if that was the case it would certainly be talked about on here.

Now, it does sound like the activities skew younger if that makes sense, so it wouldn't surprise me if the feel is a younger vibe as maybe the people it attracts aren't younger chronologically but have what would be described as younger interests (DJs, EDM music at the pool for example). I'd be all for it, but it would be a hard sell with the humidity/heat - no so much in the daytime but at night for themes where a hot corset becomes hot in a negative way.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby MachineWorks » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:22 pm

Our first trip is next week, we are very excited. But we are early 30's and were curious as to how many would be there in our age range.

From the forum posts, and some PMs, it seems like there are actually quite a few couples in our age range who's dates overlap with ours. I don't know if that is typical, or just a pretty random thing.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Aug 2020

Postby Glenlivet » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:51 pm

There are... we are also in our 30's, first time to Desire, arriving this Sunday.
Glenlivet

We are from: Canada

Postby RicknMandy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:40 pm

We did 3 days the first week of June. Pretty sure we were the youngest there at 30. But, that didn’t stop us from having an absolute blast and meeting awesome peopl. Age truly is a number at a place like Desire. Everyone is there for similar reasons. You’ll have plenty to chat about. Mandy even had a lady well into her 60’s strike up conversation in the jacuzzi one afternoon. Don’t fret about the age thing. It’s really not a big deal.
DRM June 2018 ,June 2019, August 2022
SLS- RnACpl
Kasidie- RnMCpl
SDC: RnMCpl
Kik: Ricknmandysww
RicknMandy
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 01 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Postby J&J-Texas » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:14 pm

We are 37m and 30f, and we are arriving on Monday. It does seem like there will be a decent number of couples in their 30’s that week which will be great! We were at Pearl last year in mid-June and it was a bit slow. We totally get the “age is number” concept as we meet and talk to awesome people of all ages... but seriously, meeting people close to your own age is definitely more fun. You know you have a much better chance of having things in common, kids of similar ages, similar hobbies, similar careers stages, similar views, etc. But despite all that, I would never try to focus my DRM of Pearl dates on when I “think” a slightly younger crown might be there. You and your spouse are going to have an amazing and sexy time regardless of the crowd. Will you have a slightly better time if there’s people closer to your age? Maybe! But that’s just a sweet bonus to an already awesome vacation (IMHO)!
40M / 33F
2015 - TTR
2016 - TTR
2017 - Desire Pearl
2018 - Desire Riviera Maya
2021 - Pearl / RM (split)
J&J-Texas

Postby txcouple13 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:11 pm

I am not sure on the best time in regards to age. We have gone in June, July, August, and September. Each time ages have varied. I personally have not noticed a difference with the SYW month. When we went our first time I was 31 and my husband had just turned 46. I can say for us personally we have never experienced an issue having things in common with others, even with the age gap between us.

I think that is what makes Desire so "magical" for most people. It really is the friendliest, open, non-judging, and laid back group of people you will ever meet!
RM- August 2013
RM- September 2015
RM- July 2016
RM- July 2017
RM- August 2018
RM- July 2019
RM- August 2020

Kasidie- txcouple13
txcouple13
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 31 Jul 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby tigermuffin1013 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:12 am

We are both 37 and going to be at RM. We've been twice before, but not for 8 years so we kind of feel like newbies!
tigermuffin1013

Postby CatawampusHalo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:50 pm

This year we randomly happen to overlap with the desireous party music fest. If pictures of their past parties are any indication the age range will be much younger than when we went last year (and the party much wilder)
Heather & Jason
Pearl 20 Dec 30-Jan 6
Pearl 19 Dec 27-Jan 3
Pearl 18 July 28-Aug 4
Pearl 17 July 22-28
Hedo 05, 06, 08, 09, 14
CatawampusHalo
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 27 Dec 2019

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya