Paying Balance on Trip?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Paying Balance on Trip?

Postby newbie22 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:51 am

OK, this is a pretty stupid question, and although I am a "newbie" as to Desire, this is probably our 8th all inclusive trip and never had to ask it before.

At the time of booking, I put down the deposit which = first night. Trip starts Dec 30, so I have until Nov 30 to pay the rest per the terms of their policy. I decided I'd just go ahead and pay the balance yesterday, not wanting any loose ends. Problem is, at least at far as I can tell, there is no place on their website to pay the balance, or to log in with an email/pass, as is the case with most other sites.

How do you pay the balance on your trip? :?:

BTW, as I went to their site yesterday, I was glad to see that they are getting a new skin (a re-design), and hopefully it will be far superior to the one they have now. The have an image of the appearance of the new site on the homepage and it looks far more clean and less cluttered. Hopefully it will be more functional as well.

Thanks!
newbie22
Desire Convert

Postby eddieandjojo » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:43 am

If you made the initial reservation via the Desire website (we've done it all nine times), it's easy to pay in advance if you'd like. Like you I get a bit antsy and just want to take care of it. Since their system is set to automatically send you an email 30 days before your arrival with a link to pay the balance, there is no option that I know of to just use the website and take care of it before that date. All you need to do is call the hotel number (use the toll free one on the website) and give them your reservation number, then tell them you want to pay the balance. They will do one of two things, either send you the email with the link the very same day or the next, or they may just ask you for your credit card information over the phone.

Don't worry about the English/Spanish thing, they usually have a person who speaks very good English answering the US toll free number. Again, I've done it a few times and it's never been an issue. Just have your dates and reservation number handy when you call.

E&J
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby tout.prest » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:05 pm

Newbie,

Just like E&J said, if your trip is on Dec 30th, there will be an email in your inbox on Nov 30th asking you to pay up :( (very politely though) . It will give a direct link to their secure server, enter your info and you will receive an instant email confirmation that all is good.

I have phoned down once and paid verbally via Visa, but it took several follow up calls to get a $0 balance email, which is why I will always use the website direct. It works very smoothly and you will have proof of payment. Always have backup copies of all paperwork when you fly in to Cancun, especially for the shuttles.

You must be getting VERY excited about your trip now. Its too bad we will be back home before you get there.

Steve :wink:
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby kjc » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:15 pm

if you pay with amex,you only pay one day in advance then the balance when you get there,
SLS: Monroe6969
kjc
Desire Lover

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby newbie22 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:46 pm

Glad to say everything worked out just as was stated. I got the email and paid the balance within a few minutes, exactly 30 days before my arrival.

I have to say that while it worked out fine for me because I check my email about 30 times a day, the system is pretty flawed. You get the email notice on the day the balance is due, and the notice itself says you need to pay or risk cancellation. What if someone is tied-up and doesn't see the email? What if it winds-up filtered out? Anyway, hopefully a feature in the new website will be to allow people to login to their registration and pay the balance without an email first.
newbie22
Desire Convert

Postby missb0308 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:33 pm

We actually paid our balance with our credit card via telephone a couple of weeks ago. We still got the reminder email and panicked, thinking they messed up our payment.

We called the resort and they said to disregard the email, that we showed paid in full.

Just fyi in case anyone else encounters the same.
missb0308
Desire Fan

Postby Whoneedssunscreencpl » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:06 pm

We actually just paid our balance yesterday, 46 days early. We are going to be in Palm Springs at Desert Sun Resort for the weekend 30 days in advance of our May 18th Desire trip and were worried that we wouldn't be able to reply to the 30 day E-mail quickly enough. So, we just called the number on the website and paid with a credit card. Mia speaks very good English and it was all very easy. She says the new disco looks great. We received an E-mail confirming that we paid in full within a few minutes. Mia suggested we print it out and bring it with us at check-in. The E-mail itself states that you should ignore the automatic 30 day E-mail saying you have to pay your balance.

It was all very easy and we have proof of payment. 45 days to go!
Whoneedssunscreencpl
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Jan 2022

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya