Newbies coming for our first time

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Newbies coming for our first time

Postby Creykdal » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:39 pm

Hey everyone..so my husband and I have decided to give this a try we are both super excited and nervous. What are some awesome tips or advice you have...looking for clothing suggestions for day/night...we have never swung before but it's something we have discussed and are open to any tips on the first time. Thanks :CAN
Creykdal

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 15 May 2019

Re: Newbies coming for our first time

Postby Waffles_N_Whimsy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:57 am

We are newbies too, our trip is early october. I am busy reading as many parts of the forum as i can to learn as much as i can as to what to pack, what to expect etc.
Great resource ... if you have the question, someone has asked it before and others have answered.
All the best :AUS
Waffles_N_Whimsy
Desire Convert

We are from: Australia
We arrive on: 30 Sep 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Redhotpie

Postby ckallday » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:23 pm

We were in exactly the same spot as you last summer. Your nerves will probably build up right until you walk into the resort then you'll start to relax as the staff is super warm and friendly. After check in we sat at the quiet end of the pool for an afternoon and napped (damn red-eye flights!) then finally got the nerve to head to the more lively end of the pool. Glad we did as everyone is super nice and it's very easy to make new friends. For clothing you'll need, well, probably less than you think! Not wearing much all day really saves suitcase space!

Overall, our advice is to be yourselves and remember it's your vacation and it will go exactly how you want it to. Of course, talk about boundaries and all that up front, communicate the entire time, participate in the theme nights and you'll have the time of your life. No need to swing or even get nude, though it's a lot of fun if you do :D
SLS Kasidie: ckallday
ckallday
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 11 Oct 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Postby MachineWorks » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:23 am

The forum has so much info on it, I'd suggest absorbing as much as you can. Our first trip was just over a month ago and we researched the forum for almost 18 months before we even booked.

Almost any question you'd have, probably has already been asked.

As for clothing...I think it's easier to jump into being naked, than most people think. But you will need clothes for the restaurants. We also did 3 of the 4 theme nights we were there for. That may be a personal preference thing. We may not buy outfits for theme nights next time we go, just b/c it's extra stuff to pack, that you only wear for a couple hours.

Communicate. That's probably the number one tip on the forum. Be on the same page as one another.

Best of luck on your first trip!
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Aug 2020

Postby jkroha » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:59 am

As mentioned really good tips all over, a few items we missed our first time: Grab comfortable easy on/off shoes for bathrooms/food during the day. If you want to eat fancy, bring a set of fancy clothes (aka more then swim trunks). If you have not done all inclusive before, really really really watch the drinking the first day or two, we had to go one drink 2 water/juice, tipping well can get you more alcohol, by day three we were asking them to put less to keep us alive :). The general flow is, pool or beach during the day, we LOVE volleyball or group pool events but that is different for each person. Around 4-5 you see people leaving, time for hot tub, there is a bar so you do not have to jump right in if scared (can walk up dressed to naked, it is all good). Then eat, then hang at lobby bar for entertainment, then club or hot tub. We promise this year to try the 6pm nap since we do not sleep in well.

Now for the important stuff.... meet people ahead of time through the "when are you arriving" boards. Chat, get to know some people that can say hi when you arrive. Try not to over plan/think, it will drive you nuts trying to make a specific plan happen. And most importantly, talk to people.... and this is Desire so you can literally talk about sex or swinging or anything, and quickly... aka "Hi, where yall from.. oh are you in the lifestyle?" is not that unusual. Tell them you are fresh meat... er I mean new, scared, clueless.... people were great to us and kinda took care of us (well yeah to get in our pants but still they were nice). And while there is a ton of info, and you should spend 8 hours just reading, keep asking specific questions here! Or PM peeps, or start asking those going when you are going, etc...
Naughy Nawlins 2018 (Was...awesome)
Desire RM Dec 14-22, 2018
Jhnkha on SDC/SLS/Kasidie
kik:funnynerd8
jkroha
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 14 Dec 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC Kasidie

Postby Bones » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:45 am

Sound advise above. Communication is key. Ours was great before we went and by the time we left we were even better at it.

I took a couple pairs of light shorts and t-shirts to wear to eat lunch in. She took some sexy light cover ups to do the same.

Granted we stayed naked most of the time, we still had two large checked bags and two carryon's. It was well worth the $ and hassle to have her sexy outfits/heels for dinners and also the theme nights. And of course all of our favorite toys. Acutally had to move some of our heavier toys to my carryon due to weight. TSA gal gave me the "WTF are you doing with a stainless butt plug in your bag" look...

We may have over packed a little, but am glad we were prepared and had what we enjoy.

Have a great time!!!
C4P: bonesnwifey
Bones
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 12 Oct 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Postby Creykdal » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:17 pm

Thanks guys for all the advice I am so excited and constantly reading some of the posts on here I am addicted to it! I see some roll calls for 2019 are posted of course May 2019 isnt up there yet but I'll be keeping an eye out for it! :P
Creykdal

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 15 May 2019

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya