Rude behaviour?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Rude behaviour?

Postby miranda » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:59 pm

We just got back from a first trip to Desire Cancun. In reading a newly posted trip report, someone mentioned they witnessed no "rude behaviour".

Unfortunately we did - at least what we thought was rude behaviour.

So, our question is ...

What, to you, is "rude behaviour"?
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby Powderfinger » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:41 pm

Well, what did you witness that you thought rude?
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby miranda » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:46 pm

How about a patron in Il Piacere standing up in the middle of dinner, unzip his pants and pull out his penis. He then asked one of the fellows across the table from him to take his picture. This was not done discreetly.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby Powderfinger » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:08 pm

In my mind, that's not only rude, but disgusting as all hell.....
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

Postby miranda » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:23 pm

Well, we certainly lost our appetite after that. :cry:
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby mfay » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:14 am

Ah yes, that qualifies as rude for me. In all our many visits we have never seen anyone do anything quite that crude.
Mike
mfay

We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby tikihutguy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:57 am

Rude and ridiculous! :oops: We have especially enjoyed Il Piacere on 12+ evenings and never seen anything close. Actually there was one night a guy answered his cell phone 3 or 4 times and carried on a conversation. Kind of kills the romantic atmosphere and also RUDE :(
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby miranda » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:50 pm

OK, so how about this?

Same guy. In the disco. Before things really get busy in the disco.

"Not his partner" with her hand down the front of his pants, trying to get his zipper undone, (he helps her with that) and she leads him out the door to the brightly lit outside hallway where folks go to smoke (which is also the way in and out of the disco from the outside).

He, then, is fully exposed and she is "working on him", his pants around his ankles.

The female staff members go out to tell them it's not an "appropriate" place for what they are doing but they carry on. His "partner" realizes where they are so then goes out and kneels in front of him and continues on orally, still in the brightly lit hallway.

Not sure what happened to "not his partner", she disappeared.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby marley » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:50 pm

Miranda --

We found that of the ~100+ people at Desire when we were there, there were 2-3 a-holes that either didn't have the brainpower to discern what was appropriate and where and when, and/or they were simply trying to take advantage of other people (newbies?) who had let their guard down.

We definitely want to return to Desire, and have plans to do so. But we won't get so caught up in the alcohol-infused environment that we fail to keep an eye out for these types of jerks.

The Il Placere episode you describe is beyond ridiculous, and in the poorest of taste. If I was the owner of Desire, I would have ushered him out of the restaurant, given him 15 minutes to pack his suitcase, put in a cab with a refund for his remaining stay, and barred him from returning.

All in all, I think most of the people who were at the resort when we were there genuinely tried to understand the norms, and keep to them. And that's what makes the place so great. It's those ~2-3 that just don't get it . . . .

dirk.
marley
Desire Convert

Postby miranda » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:14 am

dirk, I completely agree with you. I think it was just because this group was so "in your face" with no regard to what others' think and total disregard for any "rules" and thought or respect towards the staff and their feelings.

Maybe some folks thought they were fun to watch.

Folks like that are everywhere and they won't prevent us from returning to Desire Cancun.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby 2good4better » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:28 am

"Rude" behavior will be defined differently by different people and their expectations for their stay.

While whipping it out in the middle of the restaurant would be considered rude by most people, getting a hand job in the disco might be seen as being within the erotic nature of the resort.

We have found that people's attitudes vary depending on whether it's their first visit or if they have been there many times.
2good4better
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 11 Apr 2024

Postby mfay » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:02 am

2good4better- I agree with that. The incident in the restaurant is a whole different thing for me than the disco episode. As a veteran of many desire trips we have seen- and occasionally participated- in various activities in the disco, outside the disco, around the lobby bar, or in other unconventional areas of Desire that I suppose the uninitiated might feel are not appropriate. Certainly common courtesy and civility would dictate that waving a penis around in a restaurant is not acceptable even at Desire. But Desire is all about being free to do things when and where you feel like it- without judgements and without guilt-as long as you don't infringe on someone else's ability to do the same. So when it comes to some of the other things you will see- over time we learn to get used to a different standard for "acceptable".
Mike
mfay

We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby Powderfinger » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:27 am

Yep, first incident, as I said, gross, but the second....well, we wouldn't give it a second thought, no problem with it......
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

Postby eddieandjojo » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:39 pm

I would tend to agree with Mike and PF regarding the restaurant....only sausage I want to see in a restaurant is the chorizo they use to make breakfast....LOL! No, all kidding aside, that is in very poor taste. It almost makes you wonder how much alcohol was involved, regardless it was NOT GOOD.

The disco is a bit different and while that narrow entrance at the top of the staircase leading to the disco door is not the best place to "carry on", one can almost understand it might happen. Hell, it would have been more comfortable to do that near the couches inside or certainly the playroom.

I think someone else said it but it definitely depends on what your level of acceptance is to these public displays. After all, it's not like you're at the JW Marriott so I think people's tolerance changes a bit. Desire is a wonderful place where people are free to open up and experience many different stimulating experiences.....we LOVE IT!

Respectfully submitted!

Eddie
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby tout.prest » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:48 pm

Got to agree with the others on this one.

The first scenario in the restaurant is simply out of place and quite disgusting. Both the time and place were wrong and I would be shocked if anyone on this board would ever support that action.

Speaking of "time and place", although you wouldnt see my wife or I outside on the stairs, I can see this occurring and I really dont feel that "rude" is perhaps not the most accurate descriptive word. Maybe not using the faciltites to the best degree (considering they were what, 20 paces away from the playroom?:wink: ), but they would be considered by us to be simply "lacking class". Others may find it awesome, while yet some may just yawn at it. That is the cool part of Desire !

We get there on Tuesday, so we'll have to see what its like then. 3 More days !

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya