Unaccompanied men at the hot tub

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Unaccompanied men at the hot tub

Postby Desirians » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:37 pm

Our experiences dating back to 2005 is that there is far less of this sort of boorish behavior now than in the “old days”. Of course, the resort is also much more tame than it used to be. :?
Desirians

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 01 Nov 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidies

Postby LovingLife2016 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:19 pm

This does seem to be something that is coming up more often. Richard and Lauren just talked about this on their latest Room77podcast episode!
LovingLife2016
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 21 Nov 2017

Postby Justskin » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:41 pm

marriedwbenefitskc wrote:This trip we found more night time creepers than ever before. One we had a less than pleasant experience with him and his wife. They were almost openly fighting during playtime and we split. Later that night she is “feeling unwell” yet he shows up at the bar with condkms and lube. No big deal, a polite, we’re off to bed.

A couple nights later we’re in the hot tub. Mingling with a couple for a couple hours and a guy quite literally splashes down in between not only our group but the other couple and starts off with “if you want me to go away, I’m the type of guy that will just leave if you say so” other couples husband says “ooooookay, I mean you’re welcome to hang” then creepy guy says “your wife’s hot” and makes a move towards her to which she slides my way under my arm. Keep in mind his original entering of group separated the other couple from each other. The other husband didn’t really know how to handle the conflict so they danced around what constitutes hanging out and I say “actually your approach was pretty shitty, why don’t you go.” To which he does. Wife was pretty shaken for a bit.

Crazy to me. Some wife is sleeping while her loser husband is out playing. It’s one thing if my wife is done and a couple invited me out. Quote another to head out and play 3 am cleanup at the hot tub. People are naked and drunk, this behavior needs to be prominently stomped out. I’ve never had to handle such an agressive guy at a singles bar let alone desire.

We know exactly to whom you are referring. We were there when he was there as well....outrageous story:
This guy claimed to be ME on the dance floor (his wife was 'unwell' and back that their room) when some new friends that we met earlier that day came up to the dance floor looking specifically for me and my wife. Obviously that couple had enjoyed a bit too much tequila and the creepy guy quickly seized on that claiming to be me when our new friends wanted to head up to the hot tub for fun. The woman then noticed me dancing with my wife and approached asking if we were the ones that she and her husband had met earlier. We confirmed this. She was really angry; she had drank too much to be sure, but she was incensed that the guy was trying to scam her for sex.
We were also shocked by the creep's desperation and audacity and will avoid attendance during weeks that he and his wife are typically there.
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby ATM » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:41 pm

I can see two sides to this as others have mentioned. Clearly, an unaccompanied male in the hot tub is just creepy for the most part, especially when behaving poorly as in the examples just given. But when we go in Feb we are part of a large group, and there are always one or two nights in a 7 night trip where my wife just crashes early and she is perfectly fine with me being out on my own. So in those cases I'll always go to the disco and the hot tub as part of our large group, and it's never weird at all. It probably helps that I am respectful and not a creeper.

However, there have been times in August (when we are not part of a group) and my wife will leave the hot tub early to get ready for dinner (it takes her a while), and as soon as she leaves I feel immediately uncomfortable and out of place in the hot tub. So in those cases I'll either move to the jacuzzi bar, or the lobby bar. I much prefer the jacuzzi bar for the view, and the fact that I don't have to hear that infernal never ending soccer game that is always on at the lobby bar. I feel like single guys should be allowed at that jacuzzi bar. I can see not allowing them in the hot tub, but for me, there's nothing creepy about a single guy sitting at the bar minding his own business.
SLS: FunPlayInTheD
KIK: FunPlayInTheD
TTR 6 times
Desire Pearl Feb 2015
Desire RM Feb 2016, Aug 2016, Feb 2017, Aug 2-6 2017!
ATM
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 18 Feb 2016

Postby Justskin » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:22 pm

You're a total gentleman though; that's the big difference between you and others that are simply trolling for sex.
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019

Postby tikihutguy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:44 pm

ATM wrote: I much prefer the jacuzzi bar for the view I feel like single guys should be allowed at that jacuzzi bar. I can see not allowing them in the hot tub, but for me, there's nothing creepy about a single guy sitting at the bar minding his own business.

Agree with the bar view comment. It's one of the best spots at DRM! I've had the same experience of wife needing a nap and time to prep for the evening while I need a scotch and view of the Gulf :D I've had many nice conversations with couples sitting at that bar during those moments. Creepy on the other hand is usually obvious :oops:
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby newbiepilot10 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:17 pm

Like most of you, single creepy guys ruin a good vibe. Unfortunately when you mix alcohol with god knows what, creepy guys become even creepier. But, if you’re going to be stupid, you better be brave. I have no problems whatsoever to tell a single guy he’s not welcome in our party. If he doesn’t get the picture, then security will have to do the work. We’re there to have a great time, there’s no place for rudeness, stupidity, or being disrespectful. We had two experiences with creepy single guys. One at DP and the other at Hedo. After I spoke to them, they got the picture and left.
newbiepilot10
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 19 Jul 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc

Postby Calicouple69 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Funny, all this talk is about men. Lol. While we HAVE run across a few wayward men at the jacuzzi lounge, aggressively forward women have been more of a problem for us! :lol:
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby kevinb668 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:08 am

I have often wondering how often people go that are not really a couple..I have seen one situation where the guy was aggressively hitting on ever woman he saw ( I had to deal with it once) and never once saw him be affectionate to his so called wife.
kevinb668
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 23 Feb 2019

Postby texascouple1208 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:55 am

kevinb668 wrote:I have often wondering how often people go that are not really a couple..I have seen one situation where the guy was aggressively hitting on ever woman he saw ( I had to deal with it once) and never once saw him be affectionate to his so called wife.

I'm sure this happens to some degree - on our last trip there was an older gentleman at the resort with a much younger woman. Unlike your experience, they stayed together most of the time, but seemed an unlikely couple. He was very quiet and she was all smiles and friendly. She was very attractive, but the conversation never got deep enough for us to determine what their situation was.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby Explorer79 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:18 pm

We've seen a few "couples", but it's certainly not the norm.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Calicouple69 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:07 pm

We've never been asked for our marriage certificate at check-in, so we guess it "possible" that some people just bring an "acquaintance" to get past the couples only rule............. :lol: OF COURSE THEY DO!
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby northernlightscpl » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:23 pm

Some may recall the 'couple' in late January about 4 years ago. They were both quite 'actively' meeting who ever they could in the jacuzzi. They were there for only one day/night because we never seen them again. I 'spoke' with her in the jacuzzi about where you from, bla, bla the usual get to know questions. She was a taxi driver in Cancun and the guy she came with offered her a Desire free holiday if she would accompany him. She said she didn't even know his last name other than he was from Switzerland. Ms. Northerlights nearly slapped him for his extreme forwardness, somehow thinking the jacuzzi was a free for all. They didn't stay in the jacuzzi long and never seen them again. it also happens often at club with couples only nights or back room couples only were we met another couple much the same. He was a pig and she was the neighbor and a school teacher...…. so it happens.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby BG1031 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:59 pm

All great points. We are headed to RM in May. The first night we are there, my wife is leaving and going to Breathless for an all girls party with her friends from back home, ( non of which participate in these activities). Therefore I will be left alone for a few hours. My plans are too, eat then hang out at the lobby bar ( In shorts and a T-shirt) or go back to my room. I refuse to be the "creepy guy".... For this? i hope to be rewarded by some late night fun ( with my wife) at the hot tub and beds.....
BG1031
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 22 Jul 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Quiver

Postby funfitflirtyOKC » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:53 pm

For the most part in all our years of LS experience, married guys are gentlemanly enough even when their wife is not around. There will always be a douche bag here and there that stands out in our minds afterward and we'll overlook the 19 other "good guys" we ran across that were perfectly fine. One thing we don't like to do is go on vacation and have to deal with Don the Dillhole that has had too much liquid courage and then makes an ass of himself.
C4P FunFitFlirty
funfitflirtyOKC

We arrive on: 22 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya