Substitute Playroom?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Substitute Playroom?

Postby JandH » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:23 am

Any reports on what they are doing for a substitute playroom during renovations and how it is working out?
JandH
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Re: Substitute Playroom?

Postby Wasamateru » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:45 am

Would love to hear about renovations!
Kasidie: Wasamateru
#1 Desire RM Sept 2017
#2 Desire RM Nov 23 2018
#3 temptation Feb 16-18 Desire RM 18-23 3020
Wasamateru
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 18 Feb 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby KCESS » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:18 pm

There’s a room near the lobby bar and next to the lobby they are using. We plan on checking it out tonight.
KCESS

We arrive on: 03 Oct 2018

Postby Wasamateru » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:56 pm

Can't wait to hear about it! Both the substitute and what's happening with remodel!
Kasidie: Wasamateru
#1 Desire RM Sept 2017
#2 Desire RM Nov 23 2018
#3 temptation Feb 16-18 Desire RM 18-23 3020
Wasamateru
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 18 Feb 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby Made4us96 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:00 am

We used the temporary playroom on wednesday. It was nicely set up. Two king sized beds and a queen mattress on the floor. Lighting was seductive and they decorated it as nicely as can be expected. Given that it was our first playroom experience ever, I have to say it served its purpose. A fridge with bottles of water would have been nice though. Oh they had the s shaped liberator chair as well. Made for a nice place to "sit".
Desire Pearl 10/17
Desire RM 10/18
Made4us96
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 03 Oct 2018

Postby tommer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:14 pm

Hmmmm, we did not know they were going to remodel the playroom at RM. We have some great memories and the room has served us and others very well … Very! :D It's the playroom at Pearl that really needs help and I hope there are some plans to resurrect it.
tommer
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 04 May 2023

Postby mamk808 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:10 pm

We just got back from DRM and the playroom was nice and cool, the set up was nice. It's next to the shop by the lobby in what I think is an actual room. We checked it out a few times and only once did another couple come in while we were there. I think most of the playing we saw was at the Jacuzzi.
mamk808

We arrive on: 29 Sep 2018

Postby wbski85 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:20 pm

tommer wrote:Hmmmm, we did not know they were going to remodel the playroom at RM. We have some great memories and the room has served us and others very well … Very! :D It's the playroom at Pearl that really needs help and I hope there are some plans to resurrect it.

Yes, agree the playroom at Pearl really needs some refresh. What are they actually doing to RM's playroom anyway. It was already way nicer than Pearl's.
wbski85
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada

Postby adventurequestmt » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:43 pm

Anyone know when the newly renovated playroom will reopen?
adventurequestmt

We arrive on: 25 Oct 2018

Postby mamk808 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:19 am

The renovation supposedly began on 9/29 and they said it would be closed for 3 weeks but I'm not sure of an exact date.
mamk808

We arrive on: 29 Sep 2018

Postby desireaddict » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Can anyone who is onsite at DRM (possibly pull away from all the fun and) give us an review (photos?) on the temporary playroom.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby Tinkerbellexx » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:37 pm

mamk808 wrote:The renovation supposedly began on 9/29 and they said it would be closed for 3 weeks but I'm not sure of an exact date.

If the remodeling went to plan, the new playroom should be ready by now or at least be reaching completion.
Has anyone had a chance to see or play in it yet ?
SDC: Tinkerbellexx
Tinkerbellexx

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 10 Nov 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc

Postby Explorer79 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:57 pm

We were at RM last week and the new playroom opened mid trip so we got the unique opportunity to experience both first hand. Obviously this is only one singular experience, early in its existence but here’s my take...

The TL;DR version is that the new renovations are a very nice improvement but there remains a fatal flaw that may ultimately limit its potential. The temporary playroom was great, fit the bill perfectly and we would be happy enough if this was the permanent solution, even if it could only support 8 or so couples.

A more detailed review...

On our first trip we used the playroom a few times. It was fun, and the novelty of never having done it before made it exciting, but it was never very active. Most of the times we’ve been in there it has been empty. We didn’t think much of it until we went to a local club and experienced a playroom with 30+ people. We didn’t play with anyone else but the sights and sounds of sex going on all around us is actually one of the hottest experiences we’ve ever had.

Naturally this led to conversations contrasting Desire’s playroom and this playroom. If we take the number of people out of the equation (it is unreasonable to expect this at Desire) there were a few things that stood out that made the club a better experience. First was the layout. At the club, there was a large bed in the middle with room for probably 10-12 then there were beds lining the wall, basically one long rectangular bed on each wall so it was easy to find a spot, essentially like finding an open parking space. You could interact with others if you wanted or you could find your own little private spot, either way the room was accommodating. We didn’t like the Desire layout as much with the circular beds which I think led to people thinking the playroom was fuller than it actually was and discouraged use. With the club layout this wasn’t an issue.

The next thing that was different was the music. At the club, it was subtle and sensual and greatly contributed to the atmosphere, I’d say it is similar to what I’ve noticed playing at night in the Jacuzzi. The sounds of this blending with the sounds of all the people having sex was hypnotic. In the RM playroom, the music will be whatever is going on in the Disco (sorry, far from the best sex music), or later, silence - at least that’s how it was when we were in there, but that could certainly have been an anomaly.

When we arrived, the new playroom was still under construction and they had set up a temporary playroom in room 1202, one of the rooms with the columns by the bed. In the main room there was the regular bed plus an additional mattress on the floor. The second room had at least one bed/mattress in there, but was busy, didn’t go for a tour ;-). The lighting was nice, the music was good and the atmosphere was very sensual, a good blend of the elements. There were 6 couples in action when we were in there. We really liked it. I would be just fine if this was the permanent solution. We saw more activity in the temporary playroom than we've ever seen in the permanent one.

A few days into the trip we got word that the new playroom was open. We went in one night to check it out and while it is definitely an upgrade, it was as empty as it usually is. We never saw anyone else even go in to take a look but who knows how many even knew it was open yet.

The changes are very nice and they go a long way to address the issues mentioned above. There is a long bed along the wall which is a rectangular layout rather than the circular compartments from before. To me it looked like the capacity would be a good bit higher with more arrangements possible. There is an esse lounge type of sex chair and there is a padded back wall with some strap hooks in there. The lighting was nice and the music was good as well, overall a big improvement (of course you’ll probably get disco music leakage early, but can’t do much about that). I’d call the old one sterile by comparison.

There is, however, in my estimation one fatal flaw, at least as it pertains to how much usage it will get. My hypothesis is that the “disco to Jacuzzi”, “Jacuzzi to play” and “disco to private room” transitions are far more common than “disco to play”. It’s actually quite rare that we have seen people go from the disco to the playroom, certainly not in numbers. And therein lies the problem. You still have to go through the disco to get to the playroom.

One evening we made a connection in the Jacuzzi and decided to go back to one of our rooms. On the way back, wearing little to nothing, we noticed the temporary playroom sign on the door and decided spur of the moment to try it out. There was a foursome already going on in the back room but the main bed was open in the front room so we took that. At some point after beginning to intertwine, two other couples came in and began to play on the mattress on the floor. The cool thing was that we didn’t even notice them come in but rather we just happened to notice at some point that they were there. The atmosphere was perfect. In the previous playroom it was fairly noticeable and disruptive when people would come in and out. Not so in the temporary playroom, multiple couples were doing their thing, coming and going and coming without a sex buzzkill. It was a great experience, very easy, natural, hot, organic, perfect.

If the disco playroom (new or improved) had been open that night I’m certain we would’ve ended up in one of our rooms instead. I’m not sure if we would’ve even thought to go upstairs to the playroom but even if we had I doubt everyone would’ve wanted to shine the “hey everyone, we’re about to go f**k” beacon as we strolled through the disco in various states of post Jacuzzi undress while everyone else is still in their theme wear doing the disco thing. There was no such issue with the temporary playroom - a quick left turn off the sidewalk and into the room was easy and actually even more in the moment than if we had gone back to our room.

So in the end, for us it’s a mixed bag. The room itself is nice and if you liked it before I’m sure you’ll like it even more now. But the core issue remains. All they really need to do is put an external door on the front at the top of the stairs and a small partition inside and that would solve it. Before it opened I had thought they were going to do this, and it looked like they might the way the construction was set up with the stairs being closed. But alas, no such luck.

We are going back in a couple of weeks and will surely take another look, as this experience all was in the first day or two of it being open and perhaps things will be different.

I’m curious to see if others have a different view and experience.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Calicouple69 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:58 pm

We're glad to hear the renovations are done, and like the sound of the changes made :bj For the life of us though, we just don't get all the reviews that state the play room is always empty, and "we never see anyone go near it". We know it depends on the crowd that is visiting DRM at any given time, although we have "found" the playroom empty a couple times, it's never been empty when we left (except for the times we've stayed till after the disco closed ;) ) and we can remember MANY nights when it has been standing room only! Again, just depends on when you're there.
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby Calicouple69 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:04 pm

As an addition to our previous post, we kinda like the "secret door" to the playroom. We feel it gives a kind of ambience to the experience. That being said, we have met several guests that either didn't know where the "secret door" was, or hadn't been inside, but it made it fun to offer "may we show you the "secret door?"" ;)
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya