Is there enough on location

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Is there enough on location

Postby Hotcyd27 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:06 pm

So we all know the main reason most people visit, but, however, in all honesty, is there enough non sexual stuff for a couple to do? Or is it all sex related?
Hotcyd27

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 12 Mar 2019

Re: Is there enough on location

Postby desireaddict » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:45 am

7:00am or 8:00am get a chair around the pool or a beach bed for the day. (Or sleep in to recover.)
Go to breakfast and have Matilda fix an omelet of your choice of ingredients.

Activities around the pool start at about 10:30. Volleyball (on the beach and in the pool), social visiting with old friends and meeting new friends, reading a book (I've read as many as four on one trip and not even completed the first book on others). Not much different from any other vanilla resort.
Take a break to have lunch. The pool side grill offers up some of the best food at Desire (IMO). Fresh grilled fish. Fresh guac. ("Guac" was just added officially to Merriam Webster dictionary.)
Afternoon activities are about the same (volleyball, poolside trivia) and occasionally there are the massage classes or other similar activities (depending on the week). Maybe hit the spa for a massage.
Jacuzzi opens at 2:00 and things can "liven up" there. (NOTE: First mention of sex.) :bj
4:00 or 5:00 people start heading out to get ready for the evening or to take a nap or to "take a nap".

Evening schedule is filled with dinner (invite new friends to get acquainted), drinks at the lobby bar.
Entertainment starts at 10:30 at the outside lobby area. Some really good bands. (Some just so-so.) Some really good shows (ie, pole dancing, strippers).
On to the disco.
Midnight pizza or BLTs.
Late night jacuzzi (could be another "sexy" time -- hopefully).

We're making our 15th or 16th trip next week and we have NEVER left the resort except for the nude cruise on an occasion.
If you get bored at Desire, you must be kinda boring. :D
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby northernlightscpl » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:38 am

This is another fishing question by someone who will never go to such a resort but wishes his wife would go with him. Many here have been on this page long enough to spot them by the question and no hook here.....
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby desireaddict » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:43 pm

northernlightscpl wrote:This is another fishing question by someone who will never go to such a resort but wishes his wife would go with him. Many here have been on this page long enough to spot them by the question and no hook here.....

Evidently the last line of my earlier post has some truth to it then. They're kinda boring.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby Hotcyd27 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:54 pm

northernlightscpl wrote:This is another fishing question by someone who will never go to such a resort but wishes his wife would go with him. Many here have been on this page long enough to spot them by the question and no hook here.....

We've been to Hedonism and a resort in Spain as well. Just asking a question. Also, I am the wife, no need for you guys to jump to conclusions
Hotcyd27

We arrive on: 12 Mar 2019

Postby CokeMann » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:51 pm

Hotcyd27 wrote:We've been to Hedonism and a resort in Spain as well. Just asking a question. Also, I am the wife, no need for you guys to jump to conclusions

If you've been to Hedo then the on campus non sexual activities at the Desire properties are about the same. If you are asking about off campus tours, nightclubs and attractions then Cancun and surrounding area has Jamaica beat hands down for things to do during the day or night.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby GoldCoCouple » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:49 am

The last time we were there we walked down the beach to the Arenika Beach Club and spent the better part of a day at Snorkeling Adventure. They provided the equipment and took us out to the reef to snorkel, brought us back for lunch and took us back out again after lunch (and it was very inexpensive). Also, there is the Catamaran day trip signed up for at the cabana near the pool. I always go worried that I will be bored at some point but always find the trip has ended before I run out of things to do (and still have things I wanted to do).
GoldCoCouple
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 28 Sep 2013
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, Swingersboard

Postby khplay8 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:50 pm

For the most part it has all the same on site activity's as any AI in Cancun area. I take the hobbie cat out most days I have friends that never miss a volleyball game. But honestly most of the day time we spend resting/recovering from the previous nights fun.
SLS and KIK: KHPLAY8
khplay8
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby txcouple13 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:27 am

The Mrs. Here.... I agree with others that the overall during the day is similar to most other resorts. Volleyball, you can get a paddleboard, kayak, walk down the beach, etc. With the exception you can be naked AND Desire offers the best service! Our days are spent relaxing together on the beach bed to spend time just the two of us, and recover from previous evening. We spend some time hanging out at the pool starting around lunch and mingle with friends we met the night before, or meet new friends. Most head up to the jacuzzi during the afternoon but most days we head back to the room to nap or relax again on the beach, all of this to be rested for the evening ahead. Head to dinner around 8:30, sometimes having reservations with friends. After we go back to change into theme night outfits and head to the lobby bar and then disco, and the sexy fun begins!

All of that to say it is NOT all sex all day. I will say what I do think you find all day is IMO the most relaxing atmosphere that is unique because it is what YOU as a couple want to make of it. What I will say is, for us, all day is that it is a sexy vibe between the two of us. My husband seeing me so comfortable naked turns him on, and him constantly wanting me and building up to the evening keeps me turned on all day. So again no sexual activities just the overall sexy connected vibe between us. Most of the sex you will see is at the jacuzzi in afternoon, playroom in disco, and the nightly jacuzzi (which is amazing). What I love about Desire is if you do not want any of that, then simply just avoid those areas.

We have met couples on the beach from England that are there for 1-2 weeks and they relax on the beach all day everyday. They are just there to be naked, enjoy each others company, and the great service!
RM- August 2013
RM- September 2015
RM- July 2016
RM- July 2017
RM- August 2018
RM- July 2019
RM- August 2020

Kasidie- txcouple13
txcouple13
Desire Lover