Pool Chairs

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Pool Chairs

Postby 2Martinis » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:38 pm

I have read somewhere that you get pool chairs assigned to you once you check in and other places I have read its the normal "get up and save your chair with a personal object" like most resorts. Its our first time coming in December after 4 days at Temptation so I would like to know the ropes.
2Martinis

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 13 Dec 2018

Re: Pool Chairs

Postby northernlightscpl » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:02 pm

When you arrive, go to the towel shack and ask for Daniel and in his absence, ask for a couple of loungers, that you have just arrived. They have a list of the loungers and will assign you a couple that are available. They will keep you name for these loungers on the list for the duration of your stay, unless you ask to be changed in the course of your stay. You will have to go to the towel shack each day and sign for your assigned loungers. Hint, hint; a 5 or 10 spot goes a long way the first day on choice and 1 each day after. Totally optional though...….. never any worries about not having loungers. There are loungers on the oceanside of the pool that are reserved for members if they want them.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby ContentTwo » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:42 pm

Same procedure for the beds by the pool? Or is it different from the loungers / chairs?
ContentTwo
Desire Lover

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:33 pm

We just returned from RM. This trip what I did was to head down there between 7 and 8 am (as much as it pained me after the late nights) and was able to get what we wanted which is usually one of the round beds. For sure the regular chairs would've been no problem. I didn't check the pool beds, which are nice but as those seem like a more popular commodity we typically wouldn't spend enough time in there to warrant getting one, would rather that go to someone that would use it more. The round beds are nice as we can lay together and at least have some shade and aren't bad for a quick nap either.

One morning I waited until around 9/9:30 and actually got the last 2 loungers, or at least that's what they told us so timing does seem to be important. As Northernlights said, Daniel is awesome.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby rohshambo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:55 pm

A lot of the beds are reserved for members. You have to get there early like Explorer said. We had to get there at 7am to get one and return by 9 or it would be given to someone else. A generous tip goes a long way for rookies and non members. We had a bed all week and loved it
Pam & Neal
kik: 2sunlovers
SLS: 2desiresunlovers
rohshambo
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 12 Oct 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:16 am

As simple as it seems, we have had far more trouble with pool beds at RM than we have ever had at Pearl with loungers. When we arrive, we tip well and are usually told we will have the same bed all week. Except it never really seems to work out that way. In the end, it usually gets worked out but it's more inconsistent and more of a pain than dealing with Victor at Pearl for spots around the pool.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya