Charge For Room Service

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Charge For Room Service

Postby Yankeefan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:35 pm

Did I read that right? $5 service charge for room service? You have got to be kidding me!

Whoever thought of charging for room service should be fired. That is ridiculous.

Bad decision.

YF
SLS: Yankeefans
Yankeefan
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:13 pm

We agree....we have been going to Desire since they opened. We have found that the rates they charge have skyrocketed while what they offer has stayed the same. Our first trip to Desire 7 years ago we stayed in an ocean front Jacuzzi suite for $210/nt....That price has more than tripled now. They know they have a monopoly on this type of resort and have been able to charge what they want. We have been put off by them nickel and diming for services that should be free at an "all inclusive "resort. Charging for beach bed reservations, charging for wifi service, charging for room service. It is getting out of hand. We love the service of the people who work at the resort, however the facilities are far from 5 star. Every trip we have had some issue of some sort.....electrcity cutting off in the room...no hot water...fridge that doesn't work...air conditioner broken...jacuzzi broken...pool heater not working...disco air not working...on and on. These types of things do not happen continuously a ta 4 or 5 star resort. The only thing that saves the resort is its ambience, nudity and erotic atmosphere. If someone could open up another club like this, they could have a goldmine (provided they didn't have the same issues). I would not put Hedo in the same class/category as Desire since it allows singles (vinney's) and is divided into nude and prude sides.

We have spoken to Patricia (the owner) and she seemed to listen....but I doubt it...if the cow is producing, milk that sucker dry...that is what Desire seems to be doing. I am curious to see what is going to happen to temptations Cabo....I know that has to be a drain on Desire's parent company. They are averaging less than 40% occupancy on averag last I heard. Hard to keep a resort afloat with that #. Maybe we (Desire guests) are helping pay for temptations failures....we shall see.
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby asd1 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:46 pm

^^^^We were recently at Cabo for the L.L. takeover and decided to stay a couple of extra nights. There is no way that the resort was at 40% occupancy. Perhaps more like 10%. Seriously. The rate was only $150 per night, so it was ok, but only one restaurant was open and otherwise the whole place was dead. We even had to ask them to turn on the fireplace. At least there were 2 or 3 other LL couples staying as well, or else we would be by ourselves....lol.
asd1
Desire Convert

Postby miranda » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:56 am

That's really too bad about the Cabo property. It was such a great resort and the staff were wonderful, just as they are at Desire Cancun.

We are ones that used the free wifi but were more than happy to come out of our room to the Lobby bar for our morning coffee - we met many folks there who were ordering their coffee to "take out" - back to their rooms - and it was nice to be able to chat with them. So a room service charge doesn't affect us.

And we were never charged for a beach bed. Although we were told we couldn't use a specific bed we had been using for half our trip because it was designated to one of the jacuzzi suites. Whatever! The resort was not full, nor was that bed used for the remainder of our stay but there was a takeover coming in the following week so I think they were just doing a bit of "housekeeping", so to speak.
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya