Is Desire RM becoming a Temptations?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Is Desire RM becoming a Temptations?

Postby northernlightscpl » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:28 am

Explorer79 wrote:
When it comes to stated 'facts' in a fore mentioned post, to amount of guests that remain in their bathing suits do not affect the vibe they have come to enjoy at Desire, I would have to disagree

Perhaps my post was poorly worded, but I think we are saying the same thing, that the vibe most certainly changes when there is a higher percentage clothed, for the worse in my opinion, at least for the type of experience that we enjoy.

I don't have any personal judgements about what people should or should not do, that's their choice and rights within the rules but we definitely do have a preference for less textiles, and it's not technically about whether or not someone is clothed but rather what the effect of higher clothing percentage is, at least so far as we have noticed.

We just got back from RM this week and we were also there in Oct. This time there was a higher clothing percentage overall and was also the least interactive crowd we've seen. It was totally different in October where it was essentially like all the previous trips. Could be related to textiles in some way or just luck of the draw, I'm not sure but it was definitely noticable. It was better overall for what we like when it's mostly nude.

If I were to speculate, I'd say it's human nature to form subgroups and when most everyone is naked this happens to a much lesser degree. We noticed this time that generally the groups with the guys who wore swim trunks stuck together and didn't socialize as much with the naked crowd. This pattern was the same at the pool, lobby bar, disco and hot tub, but at the hot tub they spent much less time there. Interestingly, girls going topless but with bikini bottoms were seen the same as if they were also bottomless, which has been our experience all along.

It would be an interesting study that could be based on these elements of clothed vs nude and the interactions and forming of clicks and groups, socialization, vets vs newbies and activities. Not that any of it really matters anyway, but interesting none the less..
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Calicouple69 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:02 pm

Despite all that's been said here in concern with DRM becoming Temptations due to the number of fully nude people, we'd like to offer that these concerns could be largely unnecessary due to two factors-

1) DRM is "couples only"

2) The layout of the property itself lends itself to a more "social" atmosphere

Discuss :D

P.S. We tend to start the day with daringly small suits for volleyball (helps keep the sand out of certain places), then go nude the rest of the day ;)
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby texascouple1208 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:00 pm

Explorer79 wrote:
When it comes to stated 'facts' in a fore mentioned post, to amount of guests that remain in their bathing suits do not affect the vibe they have come to enjoy at Desire, I would have to disagree

Perhaps my post was poorly worded, but I think we are saying the same thing, that the vibe most certainly changes when there is a higher percentage clothed, for the worse in my opinion, at least for the type of experience that we enjoy.

I don't have any personal judgements about what people should or should not do, that's their choice and rights within the rules but we definitely do have a preference for less textiles, and it's not technically about whether or not someone is clothed but rather what the effect of higher clothing percentage is, at least so far as we have noticed.

We just got back from RM this week and we were also there in Oct. This time there was a higher clothing percentage overall and was also the least interactive crowd we've seen. It was totally different in October where it was essentially like all the previous trips. Could be related to textiles in some way or just luck of the draw, I'm not sure but it was definitely noticable. It was better overall for what we like when it's mostly nude.

If I were to speculate, I'd say it's human nature to form subgroups and when most everyone is naked this happens to a much lesser degree. We noticed this time that generally the groups with the guys who wore swim trunks stuck together and didn't socialize as much with the naked crowd. This pattern was the same at the pool, lobby bar, disco and hot tub, but at the hot tub they spent much less time there. Interestingly, girls going topless but with bikini bottoms were seen the same as if they were also bottomless, which has been our experience all along.

I think you raise some good points/observations. We were there at the same time and have to agree, it seemed like there was a higher percentage of textile people and they did seem to stick together. Generalizing, but it also seemed like the same group skewed to the young side. I'm not sure if they stuck together because they were closer in age, because they chose to wear suits, or some combination thereof. They were not unfriendly at all, but just seemed to socialize mostly amongst themselves.

PS Explorer - thanks again for introducing us to Pearl last week.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby northernlightscpl » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:31 pm

Calicouple69 wrote:Despite all that's been said here in concern with DRM becoming Temptations due to the number of fully nude people, we'd like to offer that these concerns could be largely unnecessary due to two factors-

1) DRM is "couples only"

2) The layout of the property itself lends itself to a more "social" atmosphere

Discuss :D

P.S. We tend to start the day with daringly small suits for volleyball (helps keep the sand out of certain places), then go nude the rest of the day ;)

Those are two factors in the subtle change to more like a Temptations resort or perhaps a new category of a voyeur friendly resort. As in threads on similar topics in the past, It is a topic that is touchy with some, that remind us that Desire is 'a clothing optional resort' and they are technically correct and take the rightful CO option to enjoy the sexual vibe of other guests.

We have never been to Hedo's and will be at Sea Mountain (for the first time) at the start of our winter (south) vacation. I understand that at Hedo's, there is the nude and prude side of the resort, meaning a clothing optional and a only nude sides. Likewise, with our reservation material from Sea Mountain it is nude, not CO. From my understanding, neither resorts have trouble attracting guests with their more definitive rules. Where at Desire, instead of going to a 'nude' only resort or beach, CO couples are heading to Desire CO resort for the added 'vibe' they get from other guests that they wouldn't get at a nude beach. Business wise, it attracts more voyeur couples and fills more suites. For the subtle changes some of us are seeing over the years, there is a change happening. Another factor is that many came over from Temptations when it was closed for renovations and no doubt enjoy the change to Desire,

As one mentioned in this thread, 'why pay the money to go to a resort like Desire to keep your clothes on'? Save the money and go to a beach resort. There will be more and more of the CO guests in the years to come as Desire has defined their resorts.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

Postby Explorer79 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:52 pm

It would be an interesting study that could be based on these elements of clothed vs nude and the interactions and forming of clicks and groups, socialization, vets vs newbies and activities. Not that any of it really matters anyway, but interesting none the less..

That would be interesting for sure! The whole interaction thing is fascinating in general, especially when there are so many possible factors.

Even though the specifics of every trip to Desire have been different, all but this last one were generally the same as far as social interactions go. This is what piqued my interest, as in what exactly was it that made this one different from all the others. We got back Monday and are still having mini epiphanies comparing with previous trips. We've talked to quite a few couples who have been going for 10+ years and they have all commented on the changes over the years, one noted they thought it was a natural consequence of lifestyle becoming a bit more accepted in the mainstream, less taboo than in the past which results in more people checking things out, i.e. "toe dipping". Maybe the average lifestyle percentage in the past was higher?

There were a couple of great points you made that I hadn't thought of previously and make perfect sense with all this. For example, the notion that the clothed portion are benefiting from the mood created by the non clothed (just by circumstance, not in any malevolent way), or the 'pot luck dinner' example, then scale that out to the extreme and if you had everyone clothed then it would be much more like a vanilla resort despite whatever other ways the resort may try to promote a sexy atmosphere. I would think all this would have to dramatically change the interactions (and it wouldn't seem to take much to upset the careful balance).

Also, you mentioned where if 50% were clothed, let's say, it could then influence others who might be a bit less sure to not go the nude route, thus changing the feel even more.

At the start my wife didn't get the nude thing. I mean, with sex, she was all in but she found casual nudity an odd construct. It didn't take long though (like an hour lol), but at some point in the first trip she told me "I get it now, I see the benefit of this and why some call it the great equalizer." She said, "We could be naked in the pool or the hot tub talking to someone and it could be a CEO millionaire or whatever and you would never know, you end up getting to know more of the genuine person once the artificial constraints of society are removed". If things had been such that it were 50/50, who knows, that observation might never have even happened.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby lovedesire100 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:29 am

Good morning from rm! Having coffee at the lobby bar writing this post.... this subject always seems to get so much attention and so many are annoyed when a few people have suits on. It's almost the same kind of mindset of a person that thinks you're not "in the lifestyle " if you don't full swap. As if soft swap isn't sex! Lol I don't feel the need to be nude all day just because most around the resort are... I go nude sometimes at the hot tub. It doesn't kill the vibe or hinder others from being nude and if it does that's there problem. Do you!!! Don't worry about what others are doing. If it really bothers you so much go to hedo. This is a fantastic place and one with very little rules... that's what will keep it amazing for years to come.
lovedesire100
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 17 Nov 2018

Postby Powderfinger » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:13 am

Jalkes wrote:Good morning from rm! Having coffee at the lobby bar writing this post.... this subject always seems to get so much attention and so many are annoyed when a few people have suits on. It's almost the same kind of mindset of a person that thinks you're not "in the lifestyle " if you don't full swap. As if soft swap isn't sex! Lol I don't feel the need to be nude all day just because most around the resort are... I go nude sometimes at the hot tub. It doesn't kill the vibe or hinder others from being nude and if it does that's there problem. Do you!!! Don't worry about what others are doing. If it really bothers you so much go to hedo. This is a fantastic place and one with very little rules... that's what will keep it amazing for years to come.

You apparently didn't actually read the entire thread. No one was bashing those who choose to go textile to some extent, that's not what is being discussed. It's about when the scale tips towards more being clothed than not, which DOES change the entire feel/vibe of the place. When at a clothing optional place, if those naked are outnumbered by those not, it can make one uncomfortable to be naked. It's happened to us, and when my much much better half, who can barely get through the lobby before getting naked starts feeling uncomfortable with her nudity, the overall environment has not taken a turn for the better. The takeover group that came in half way through our Pearl trip this summer pretty much all stayed clothed, meaning 90% of guests went textile, that is not a Desire experience in any way shape or form.

Someone above mentioned how lifestyle doesn't mean nudist....prior to this summer, the most non-naked trip we'd had was during a lifestyle site takeover, it was actually kind of funny.....
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby lovedesire100 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:03 pm

Apparently you didn't read my entire post because I did speak of the vibe and in my opinion the very few that have bottoms on don't destroy the vibe. Out of the different times we were here it was nowhere near 50% nude vs Clothing. Maybe a hand full of people have shorts on and most sporadically Take them off from time to time. I don't understand how nude equals sexy vibe... you make your own vibe as it's your vacation. Doesn't matter if you are nude or not we enjoy talking to everyone.... older, younger,nude, bathing suits, inshape, or Chubby. We're all here because we enjoy this subculture of like minded people.
lovedesire100
Desire Fan

Postby northernlightscpl » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:15 am

Jalkes wrote:Apparently you didn't read my entire post because I did speak of the vibe and in my opinion the very few that have bottoms on don't destroy the vibe. Out of the different times we were here it was nowhere near 50% nude vs Clothing. Maybe a hand full of people have shorts on and most sporadically Take them off from time to time. I don't understand how nude equals sexy vibe... you make your own vibe as it's your vacation. Doesn't matter if you are nude or not we enjoy talking to everyone.... older, younger,nude, bathing suits, inshape, or Chubby. We're all here because we enjoy this subculture of like minded people.

As mentioned in previous posts and will again, Desire is a CO resort and you are (as many have previous posted in other threads over the years) it is you 'right' to be CO if you want. As powderfingers and other have expressed here that more CO at Desire, many guests have noticed a change over the years in what it once was to a subtle move toward the overall vibe. it has nothing to do with LS or not in the LS. I find it interesting to read in your post the 'you don't understand how nude equals to sexy vibe...(stating) you make you own vibe as it's your own vacation. Hmmm.... then try this 'creating your own sexy vibe at a textile resort (won't work, that is why you are at Desire) Does nude equal sexy vibe? Try a textile resort and find the same vibe. Impossible, would never happen. Those who are seeking this sexy vibe who exercize their CO right to be at Desire are feeding off the sexy vibe of those who are there contributing to the vibe being nude, unlike a textile resort where that same vibe would never be there. There are times when you have not been there as mentioned in other posts here that the ratio has been higher and does affect the overall vibe so I wouldn't say the norm is what you have experienced. Why not go to the many 'nudist' resorts and see if you can create this same vibe. Won't happen, not allowed. See it you can stay clothed at a nudist resort. Some would wonder if you were a pervert if you did and probably be removed. Yes,m most all of us wear our bathing suits at the lobby bar as you have. Many are eating there.

So go for, wear whatever you want because you can at Desire and feed off of the sexy vibe you have come for that others are providing you with that you did not go to a textile resort to get and you are not contributing to. It 's really not about seeing another nude body, because we all have seen many, it's about being a part of vibe, not watching it. But again, Desire advertise to get more guest with their best sales slogan 'Come and watch and be watched'. Don't take offense if you feel empty handed at the pot luck or feeding off the vibe others are providing you and others with, it's allowed and promoted at Desire. And lastly, you mentioned perhaps those that rightfully share the opinion many have expressed about the change in the CO and changing vibe, to go to Hedo's then. Perhaps then, textiles should stay in the textile resorts and created their own sexy vibe you mentioned is possible, whether nude or not. Just saying, but reversing your own words. Enjoy your stay at Desire.

The main stream of this thread is ' is Desire become another Temptation'. Yes there is a change from what it used to be and these are some of the observations.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

Postby lovedesire100 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:16 am

Opinions are like assholes.... everyone has one. I was voicing my opinion that the nudity doesn't contribute to the "vibe" and it's more the attitudes and playful nature of all the guests that curate the vibe more than a bunch of naked bodies. Ever notice how you see a nude person at the pool during the daytime and then see the same person in the evening with sexy lingerie? In my opinion, it's way hotter when someone has a little sexy article of clothing then just nude. We enjoy desire because of the atmosphere that other resorts don't have... its certain not because of the full nudity. We would go to temptations but there are too many things we wouldn't like about it...pounding music all day, single men, mostly vanilla guest, and no sex in public. Full out nudity is not why we keep going to desire. But that's us.. I feel like there is a small group of people that are a little younger (35 to early 40's) that feel the same as us... Everything about desire hits the mark for us but we don't feel the need to be naked all day and the rules allow that ! So the next time you are around the pool please don't think the few people with Bathing suit's are feeding off you naked body vibe. We are enjoying everyone's choice to do whatever they want and don't care who is rocking out with there cock out... as the younger generations start to entertain this way of vacationing it might change the ratio of nudity... or not. Only time will tell. :-)
lovedesire100
Desire Fan

Postby northernlightscpl » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:44 pm

Jalkes wrote:Opinions are like assholes.... everyone has one. I was voicing my opinion that the nudity doesn't contribute to the "vibe" and it's more the attitudes and playful nature of all the guests that curate the vibe more than a bunch of naked bodies. Ever notice how you see a nude person at the pool during the daytime and then see the same person in the evening with sexy lingerie? In my opinion, it's way hotter when someone has a little sexy article of clothing then just nude. We enjoy desire because of the atmosphere that other resorts don't have... its certain not because of the full nudity. We would go to temptations but there are too many things we wouldn't like about it...pounding music all day, single men, mostly vanilla guest, and no sex in public. Full out nudity is not why we keep going to desire. But that's us.. I feel like there is a small group of people that are a little younger (35 to early 40's) that feel the same as us... Everything about desire hits the mark for us but we don't feel the need to be naked all day and the rules allow that ! So the next time you are around the pool please don't think the few people with Bathing suit's are feeding off you naked body vibe. We are enjoying everyone's choice to do whatever they want and don't care who is rocking out with there cock out... as the younger generations start to entertain this way of vacationing it might change the ratio of nudity... or not. Only time will tell. :-)

Not sure what the purpose of your first sentence above would be, but you are right and it does establish the personality of the writer with everything that followed. As you stated you are there because Desire is what it is with the 'sex in public', not the Temptations vibe with the vanilla guests, stating that you wouldn't find elsewhere. Your right, there are few places you will find this atmosphere and it isn't because people are walking around in their short and bathing suits all day that is causing that atmosphere your are enjoying. Hmmm... so, using your theory, if everyone was clothed (that you mentioned you don't like about Temptation and all the 'vanilla guests' there) and yet the nudity at Desire doesn't effect the vibe you have come for, but admittedly enjoy the open sex and nudity, how would this rare resort atmosphere happen if everyone was clothed as you imply could. It is quite contradictory and a poor excuse, but rock on and enjoy that atmosphere you came for. You seem to have it figured out for yourself.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

Postby Powderfinger » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:56 pm

Jalkes wrote:Opinions are like assholes.... everyone has one. I was voicing my opinion that the nudity doesn't contribute to the "vibe" and it's more the attitudes and playful nature of all the guests that curate the vibe more than a bunch of naked bodies. Ever notice how you see a nude person at the pool during the daytime and then see the same person in the evening with sexy lingerie? In my opinion, it's way hotter when someone has a little sexy article of clothing then just nude. We enjoy desire because of the atmosphere that other resorts don't have... its certain not because of the full nudity. We would go to temptations but there are too many things we wouldn't like about it...pounding music all day, single men, mostly vanilla guest, and no sex in public. Full out nudity is not why we keep going to desire. But that's us.. I feel like there is a small group of people that are a little younger (35 to early 40's) that feel the same as us... Everything about desire hits the mark for us but we don't feel the need to be naked all day and the rules allow that ! So the next time you are around the pool please don't think the few people with Bathing suit's are feeding off you naked body vibe. We are enjoying everyone's choice to do whatever they want and don't care who is rocking out with there cock out... as the younger generations start to entertain this way of vacationing it might change the ratio of nudity... or not. Only time will tell. :-)

I looked up "beating a dead horse" and your posts came up. My god, you keep repeating the same thing over and over that no one has complained about. :roll:

It's. Not. About. People. Choosing. To. Remain. Clothed.

It's about when large numbers do. I know, your anecdotal couple visits where it didn't happen obviously means it never does, amirite?!?! However those of us who have seen it happen on occasion, and don't feel it was a hallucination, may just have noticed and felt the change in vibe. I know, I know, we're all nuts and must be making it up because it couldn't have ever ever happened if you haven't personally experienced it. We all must be making it up just for shits & giggles....
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby canuck63 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:55 am

We were at RM a couple of years ago, it was the last couple of days of our vacay and a takeover group was starting to show up. 70 percent of this group stayed clothed all day long at the pool, beach, hot tub etc. To make matters worse they were actually openly pointing fingers talking about the naked guests, making snide and rude comments about peoples appearance, age, imperfections etc. They wouldn't talk to any of the guests that were already there, they only sought out those from their own group. Did the vibe change in those 2 days? Damn right it did, in 16 trips to RM we have never wanted to get out of there so fast. At that point we looked each other and said if this is what it's coming to we won't be back much more often. Luckily that was the only time we experienced something like that but if we had have been newbies at that time I am sure we would have never returned. The vibe went from a hot sexy fun vibe to, who are all these a$$holes that just showed up and are now ruining the end of our vacation?
canuck63
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 26 Apr 2024

Postby Calicouple69 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:26 pm

When people have asked us why we go to Desire, and "isn't it weird to be naked?", we both have the same response. The nudity levels the field. Does it level the field physically? No, people are all shapes and sizes. But socially and psychologically? YES. It is an interesting human phenomena that even a small layer of clothing is a wall, whereas being naked is just that......naked. Open and exposed if you will. It's a visual representation of "feel free to talk to me and look at me, I have nothing to hide". And conversely it's the same, "look, you have nothing to hide either". We've met and gotten to know other couples at Desire that we would never have met outside those confines. Why? Because we don't live in or travel in their social environment. Unless someone is wearing a watch as expensive as my car, or a diamond the size of my eyeball, we wouldn't even know what their status in life is, we're all the same, because we're naked. Language as well is a barrier that sucomes to nudity, we've met couples that we can BARELY communicate verbally with, but we broke that barrier and did our best because we had a common ground, no walls.

We love the fact that Desire is clothing optional, in fact it's kinda fun to see first time visitors show up like they're going to a public pool, but watching them gradually become more comfortable to the point that they "go all in". Lol. On a large scale, we agree that when the ratio of clothed guests goes higher, the open social vibe goes down. When the ratio of nude guests is high? The pool and hot tub areas seem to be a cacophony of laughter and human interaction.
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:46 pm

Calico, those were exactly the observations of my wife on our first trip as she transitioned from being apprehensive about casual nudity to "I totally get it now".

Personally I'm not of the nudist mindset whatsoever. I'm niether for it or against it in principle, I don't really care either way. At home I never think "I wish I was naked right now". However at Desire I'm nude most of the time other than eating etc.. and it's all because that's what the vibe is, when in Rome.... The social interactions are what it's all about for me, the more the merrier.

The concept is basically that if enough people of a group change in a meaningful way then the dynamic of the group itself will change. This is basic human nature and is not exclusive to Desire or anywhere else. In the case of Desire, having enough people be nude is a contributing factor, likely a requirement for the Desire experience. At something like Naughty in Nawlins it's that almost everyone is lifestyle. Either way the concept is the same, a shift in the balance will produce a different experience.

Let's say a vanilla resort is full of normal clothed vanilla folk. Then, 50 naked people show up. Does the vibe change? Of course it does.

If less people being nude at Desire was not a change in a meaningful way then you could be the only one nude at the resort and have the same experience as if all were naked. This is obviously absurd.

There's nothing mysterious about Desire when it comes to all this, it is still human interaction at the core level. People don't all of the sudden start acting like a new species overriding millions of years of evolutionary programming. People have been forming groups from the beginning. The magic happens when most of the group is of like mind. Desire simply provides an atmosphere that facilitates positive human social interactions provided that the hive is similar enough.

If some number of people are clothed, the group is no longer of like mind therefore a divide naturally happens and the vibe then changes as it has become two things, not one.

Taken to the next level if subgroups start to form and continue to divide it doesn't take long before it ends up being like any other vanilla place. To me this is the underlying concept that makes the Desire experience different, it has nothing to do with nudity, that is merely the vessel that artificially takes us out of the normalized human experience and it's also why it doesn't take much to upset the careful balance. What we all are enjoying is not the normal human experience. This is the magic of Desire.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya