Is Desire RM becoming a Temptations?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Is Desire RM becoming a Temptations?

Postby northernlightscpl » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:16 pm

Explorer79 wrote:Calico, those were exactly the observations of my wife on our first trip as she transitioned from being apprehensive about casual nudity to "I totally get it now".

Personally I'm not of the nudist mindset whatsoever. I'm niether for it or against it in principle, I don't really care either way. At home I never think "I wish I was naked right now". However at Desire I'm nude most of the time other than eating etc.. and it's all because that's what the vibe is, when in Rome.... The social interactions are what it's all about for me, the more the merrier.

The concept is basically that if enough people of a group change in a meaningful way then the dynamic of the group itself will change. This is basic human nature and is not exclusive to Desire or anywhere else. In the case of Desire, having enough people be nude is a contributing factor, likely a requirement for the Desire experience. At something like Naughty in Nawlins it's that almost everyone is lifestyle. Either way the concept is the same, a shift in the balance will produce a different experience.

Let's say a vanilla resort is full of normal clothed vanilla folk. Then, 50 naked people show up. Does the vibe change? Of course it does.

If less people being nude at Desire was not a change in a meaningful way then you could be the only one nude at the resort and have the same experience as if all were naked. This is obviously absurd.

There's nothing mysterious about Desire when it comes to all this, it is still human interaction at the core level. People don't all of the sudden start acting like a new species overriding millions of years of evolutionary programming. People have been forming groups from the beginning. The magic happens when most of the group is of like mind. Desire simply provides an atmosphere that facilitates positive human social interactions provided that the hive is similar enough.

If some number of people are clothed, the group is no longer of like mind therefore a divide naturally happens and the vibe then changes as it has become two things, not one.

Taken to the next level if subgroups start to form and continue to divide it doesn't take long before it ends up being like any other vanilla place. To me this is the underlying concept that makes the Desire experience different, it has nothing to do with nudity, that is merely the vessel that artificially takes us out of the normalized human experience and it's also why it doesn't take much to upset the careful balance. What we all are enjoying is not the normal human experience. This is the magic of Desire.

exactly... all said, the different guests going to Desire: 1) being a part/contributing to the vibe/party atmosphere that we all have and are enjoying or 2) going with the intent to be on the side lines to enjoy as much of the vibe without contributing and enjoy watching (with their clothes on). Good analogy of 'when in Rome'. Don't show up at a beach volleyball game in suits and gowns or a gala ball in beach clothes. As long as Desire is different than other like kind resorts and it remains a good business model of clothing optional resort for them. (their sales slogan "come and watch and be watched"), it is what it is. ,L :L

Lets' end this thread
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:02 pm

Yep, great and interesting discussion :L
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Emptynesters404 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:12 pm

Men wearing swimming suits in the hot tub, getting hammered and being obnoxious completely destroys the vibe.
Emptynesters404

We arrive on: 08 Apr 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sls

Postby khplay8 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:27 pm

Emptynesters404 wrote:Men wearing swimming suits in the hot tub, getting hammered and being obnoxious completely destroys the vibe.

Men or Women completely naked in the hot tub, getting hammered and being obnoxious completely destroys the vibe.
SLS and KIK: KHPLAY8
khplay8
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby northernlightscpl » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:07 pm

khplay8 wrote:
Emptynesters404 wrote:Men wearing swimming suits in the hot tub, getting hammered and being obnoxious completely destroys the vibe.

Men or Women completely naked in the hot tub, getting hammered and being obnoxious completely destroys the vibe.

yup, 'completely' naked or clothed, hammered guests certainly can affect the vibe. This isn't a church camp or a vanilla resort either.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:31 am

We were at Pearl last week with friends, but we did spend the day at RM on Friday for the foam party. We all had similar comments. It seemed like a much higher percentage of people (both men and women) were wearing swimsuits in the pool than usual (and definitely more than at Pearl last week). It was immediately noticeable.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Postby Playcations » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:24 am

Speaking for only us, I (male) get naked whenever possible. My wife prefers her bottoms on and removes them when she feels like it. Just makes her more comfortable. The exact reason we don't go to Hedo anymore. I'm just happy as a clam to be there so whatever makes her feel the sexiest is cool with me.
Kik:USinOZ
SLS: Sweetestplaceonearth
Kasidie: Playcations
Playcations
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 17 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie SDC

Postby ArkCouple101 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:06 pm

We were there in August and 95% of peeps were nude at pool and tub. We love sexy, but not really prancing around nekked. Actually think it's more sexy when a bit is left to the imagination. Wife went topless at pool and laid in sun nude on beach only, but Swinger does not equal nudist, nor vice versa. We met some great people that loved nudity, but had zero interest in swinging. No problem either way. We loved our first trip. Will return, swim trunks and all! :L
SDC, C4P, KIK: ArkCouple101
ArkCouple101

We arrive on: 06 Dec 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P SDC

Postby funfitflirtyOKC » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:38 pm

We have been in the LS for over 10 years and although I (husband) have little issue with being naked in public my wife does. Clothing optional for us is exactly that, clothing optional. No one should HAVE to take their clothes off if they don't want too each person pays for their vacation and enjoys it how they see fit. For us getting naked is more of a personal thing we like to do with another couple or a couple of couples not just walk around for everyone to see. On the flip side we don't care if others do this it's not our say so one way or the other on what they do either.

This is our first trip of this sort and we are hearing this topic come up many times and we are wondering why so many people worry about what others are doing rather than just having a good time and meeting other people.
C4P FunFitFlirty
funfitflirtyOKC

We arrive on: 22 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Postby TandD » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:23 am

funfitflirtyOKC wrote:We have been in the LS for over 10 years and although I (husband) have little issue with being naked in public my wife does. Clothing optional for us is exactly that, clothing optional. No one should HAVE to take their clothes off if they don't want too each person pays for their vacation and enjoys it how they see fit. For us getting naked is more of a personal thing we like to do with another couple or a couple of couples not just walk around for everyone to see. On the flip side we don't care if others do this it's not our say so one way or the other on what they do either.

This is our first trip of this sort and we are hearing this topic come up many times and we are wondering why so many people worry about what others are doing rather than just having a good time and meeting other people.

Keep in mind that what might seem like "a lot" of people bringing this up and discussing here equates to a tiny fraction of the people at the resort(s) over the same time frame of this (or other) thread(s). I don't think there are too many people counting swimsuits while they are there. I guess people do notice - as evidenced by this thread - but I really don't think there is a danger of turning this place changing the dynamic.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:25 pm

The dynamic will certainly change, but when is the question. Nothing stays the same forever. Is all this an anomaly or a trend, hard for me to say. I've seen signs of what could be interpreted as a dynamic shift over the last three years, but that could also just be luck of the draw, and of course we've changed and grown during that time as well. This isn't an easy question to answer definitively, especially when most people's view is through the narrow prism of a small fraction of time. Even if you do 30 days per year at Desire there are still 335 days where you weren't there. If you only go 10 days a year the view is that much more narrow.

The empty/full sin room phenomenon is a good example of this. For 5 trips we saw at most 3-4 couples in there and usually it was empty, so this was the view we had of it. But yet, on here others also talked about having the total opposite experience with a totally full room. We got to talking and tried to figure out why this is, as neither of us were lying, we each had the experiences we had. Turns out their mode of use was different than ours, so next trip we took that path, went to the sin room and the thing was packed, 20 couples easy, so you never know, there are a lot of factors to this

Maybe in order to try and predict if and how things might shift in the future, if you were to look back over a longer period of time, that seems like some valuable insight. I'm very curious to hear from those who have been going for.a long time, how does the experience today differ from that of 2008 let's say?

This is a total guess, but I would think that there would've been a higher swinger percentage in the past, perhaps by a large margin. My reasoning is that today, lifestyle or nude vacationing is more accepted in society, much less taboo. At first you might think that would result in more swingers but I posit that swingers are swingers regardless of what society might think and they would do this whether Desire exists or not. I wouldn't be surprised if the percentage of swingers vs vanilla in overall society stays roughly the same, I mean swinging has been around far longer than Desire.

But the opening of attitudes, along with Desire being a couples only resort that is lifestyle friendly provides the opportunity for a greater number of people to dip their toes in the experience with no intention of ever sharing their sexuality with others. I tend to think that this number is higher than the number of new swingers, resulting in a net reduction of the swinger percentage. This fits with what we've observed but I realize this is far more anecdotal than definitive.

For example, I wonder how many couples that work up the nerve to try Desire would in no way go to something like Naughty in Nawlins where most everyone are swingers. So if your thing is more tilted towards a lifestyle experience, my feel is that the trend has already started to shift away from that a bit (although obviously there is still plenty of gas in the tank there).

None of this is judgement one way or the other, we love Desire, obviously, but it is an interesting thing to watch grow and change,
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby TandD » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:01 am

Best thing to do is ask the Entertainment staff what kinds of trends they see - or don't.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:11 pm

Good idea!
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya