Is Desire RM becoming a Temptations?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Is Desire RM becoming a Temptations?

Postby nudenaturally » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:31 pm

We R at RM and over half of the men keep their suits on and alot of the women keep their suits or bottoms on. Desire used to be full nudity at the pool and jacuzzi but now it looks like a new Temptation property.
nudenaturally

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 03 May 2017

Re: Is Desire RM becoming a Temptations?

Postby bj02 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:55 am

We definitely noticed the same thing this year. We had our first trip to Pearl in summer 2017, and heard about how RM was younger. We went to RM this past summer, and found that there were more younger couples, but most of the "under 50" guys never got naked. This is the 2nd or 3rd post I've seen since we've been back that has talked about how many are staying clothed. We will be back at RM next June, so hoping it is better then.
Desire RM: 6/5-11/24
Bliss Cruise 11/10-17/24

txfuncouple6802 on SLS and SDC
bj02
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 05 Jun 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC

Postby Calicouple69 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Soooooo what's the question? If you wanna go nude, what does it matter if 50% of the others don't? That's 50% that are :?
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby RicknMandy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:18 pm

As a couple that came from a temptation as our stepping stone to DRM, I’d say that is a possibility because of the changes at Temptation. We did a split trip in June of 2018. 3 days at TTR and 3 at DRM. We had previously done two trips to TTR and a day pass to Pearl. Our experience at TTR this trip was much different than in years past. We noticed few LS couples, few women in the traditional g string or micro bikini, and few that were topless. We went to DRM and fell in love because of the smaller pool area and other reasons. We’re LS and have no issues with nudity. So it only took me (male half) a little while to drop everything. It took her almost no time, but she’s used to wearing sheer micros. I can see where some of the Temptation crowd may be venturing to DRM to experience what the old TTR used to be like with the added bonus of PDS and nudity.
DRM June 2018 ,June 2019, August 2022
SLS- RnACpl
Kasidie- RnMCpl
SDC: RnMCpl
Kik: Ricknmandysww
RicknMandy
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 01 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Postby desireaddict » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:40 pm

We were at DRM twice in the past 6 weeks and nearly every guy was nekkid at the pool/beach. True of the majority of women too.
But, there is a different group of people every week.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby MachineWorks » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:29 am

We had our first trip in June/July this past year and noticed that a lot of the men were wearing their trunks, but I think most of the women were completely nude. At least that I can recall.

I had expected that all of them men were going to be naked, and so I planned to jump right into that mind set as well upon arrival, but seeing so many clothed, it gave me pause. I think our second day is when I abandoned all clothing. My wife took off her bottoms the first day.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Aug 2020

Postby bollocks77 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:44 am

We have noticed the difference as well. I wish the sign was still up that used to say nude only at the hot tub. Barring certain biological circumstances of course.
Sls, kasadie, sdc: bowtienecklace
kik: bowtienecklace
bollocks77
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 11 Sep 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS kasidie Sdc

Postby khplay8 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:56 am

Remember it is CLOTHING OPTIONAL not a nude resort so it allows everyone to do what they are comfortable with. My wife will go topless but feels safer keeping her bottoms on because she is nervous about unwanted under water touches. If we are with a small group she is comfortable with she will take off her bottoms. I typically drop my pants the second I walk thru the glass doors and rarely have them on all week.
SLS and KIK: KHPLAY8
khplay8
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby two4funinpa » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:47 pm

Am I missing something? Who cares? If you want to be naked, go ahead. If not, don't. That's why we love Desire. The freedom to do whatever we want. Be naked. Be clothed. With no judgement...or so we thought.
SLS - two4funinpanow
KIK - two4funinpa
two4funinpa
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 20 Dec 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby MachineWorks » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:52 pm

two4funinpa wrote:Am I missing something? Who cares? If you want to be naked, go ahead. If not, don't. That's why we love Desire. The freedom to do whatever we want. Be naked. Be clothed. With no judgement...or so we thought.

Oh I wasn't meaning that I thought everyone should be naked, I just assumed, having never been, that most all would be.

I don't care what others were doing, it just took me a day longer than i thought it would to bare all, because so many weren't.

But once I did, was totally comfortable, no problems. Lots of fun. :)
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Aug 2020

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:21 pm

I don't think there's any judgment in saying that if a larger percentage at the resort doesn't go nude that it changes the vibe as compared to when they do, that's just a fact.

Some people don't care, others do, I don't know of any pressure, certainly not on a wide scale but people are going to have their opinions related to what makes up their specific good time.

It's no different conceptually than if a large enough group is there that are cliquey then that will change the vibe too. Desire is very crowd dependent and that applies to almost all aspects of the social interactions. Every trip is different and that has a lot to do with it.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby northernlightscpl » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:01 pm

We have been members for ten years and started at Temptations (once). Been to Desire Cabo, DRM and DP, once or twice a year for 2-3 weeks a year. We have noticed a change at the Desire resorts to becoming more or a vanilla/Temptations than they used to be. Fully understand it is 'a clothing optional resort' that is appealing more to the voyeurs vanilla couples, that makes good business sense to attract more guests.

When it comes to stated 'facts' in a fore mentioned post, to amount of guests that remain in their bathing suits do not affect the vibe they have come to enjoy at Desire, I would have to disagree. The 'vibe' people are enjoying, are 'off of' those who make up the sexual vibe that have their clothes off around the pool, jacuzzi, beach and other areas. Lets' just say 100% of the guests left their clothes on, would there be the same vibe one would find at a vanilla resort? I would think it would be very close. So with more clothed guests enjoying the vibe from those who don't have anything on, who really is providing the 'vibe' they are enjoying. That is what guests come back year after year to Desire for. However, in some or many cases, the phycology (thought) of those who would have taken their clothes off, look around and see 50% and upward still in their bathing suits, may just decide to leave theirs on as well. So does the vibe level go up with more clothed guests.

I know it's a 'clothing optional' resort (and has become more clothing than in the past) and have no issue, because I don't make the rules or own the resort, but have enjoyed being a guest over the years. However, if it is the 'vibe' that people are coming for (ourselves as well), then everyone contributes to the vibe to make it happen and that isn't just chatting in your bathing suit to someone who is naked in the jacuzzi. To us and many others, it is like showing up at a 'pot luck' dinner empty handed and enjoying the full meal without contributing to it. As mentioned above about cliques occurring. This can be the cause of some developing and so be it, simply because it is what it is.

So, yes, Desire Resorts are becoming what Temptations was for us ten years ago and is now and even beyond Temptations to a vanilla resort with people in the same bathing suits who enjoy the sexual 'vibe' of others they find there. Just my observations, opinion and without judgements. The resort are what they are and the vibe will change from week to week or even day to day. We have even seen couples sitting in their bath robes at the pool. So what ever floats the boat.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby werfun » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:54 pm

I have to say that in our trips to Desire (RM, Pearl, and the late Los Cabos) we were at the pool naked within 15 minutes of checking in, It didn't bother us that there were other still wearing their suits we just thought that they were crazy for spending that much money to wear clothes at a C/O resort. We just put off as their childhood where one never went nude where other could see them. Then others go to look and to say that they were at a Desire Resort. We plan on being nude on ever Desire trip and we don't worry about what others might think.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:51 pm

When it comes to stated 'facts' in a fore mentioned post, to amount of guests that remain in their bathing suits do not affect the vibe they have come to enjoy at Desire, I would have to disagree

Perhaps my post was poorly worded, but I think we are saying the same thing, that the vibe most certainly changes when there is a higher percentage clothed, for the worse in my opinion, at least for the type of experience that we enjoy.

I don't have any personal judgements about what people should or should not do, that's their choice and rights within the rules but we definitely do have a preference for less textiles, and it's not technically about whether or not someone is clothed but rather what the effect of higher clothing percentage is, at least so far as we have noticed.

We just got back from RM this week and we were also there in Oct. This time there was a higher clothing percentage overall and was also the least interactive crowd we've seen. It was totally different in October where it was essentially like all the previous trips. Could be related to textiles in some way or just luck of the draw, I'm not sure but it was definitely noticable. It was better overall for what we like when it's mostly nude.

If I were to speculate, I'd say it's human nature to form subgroups and when most everyone is naked this happens to a much lesser degree. We noticed this time that generally the groups with the guys who wore swim trunks stuck together and didn't socialize as much with the naked crowd. This pattern was the same at the pool, lobby bar, disco and hot tub, but at the hot tub they spent much less time there. Interestingly, girls going topless but with bikini bottoms were seen the same as if they were also bottomless, which has been our experience all along.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Justskin » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:43 pm

werfun wrote:... We plan on being nude on every Desire trip and we don't worry about what others might think.

Bravo!...as do we.
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya