2019 THEME NIGHTS

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: 2019 THEME NIGHTS

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Or just drop it altogether and find something else, not like there aren't plenty of other great ideas.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby $parkie7 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:18 pm

Sexy bright colored lingerie and clip a matching flower in your hair. BAM....outfit complete!!!

XOXOXOX
Dawn
SDC: WOW
$parkie7
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 31 Jan 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby desireaddict » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:19 am

Just returning from DRM. I've concluded the Theme Nights are based on the entertainment the resort can hire:

Latin Night -- Latin Band
Daisy Dukes/Western Night -- Country (& Western) Band (that thankfully kept the theme for only about 30 minutes).

Hopefully my conclusion is all wrong where Roman God Theme night is concerned.
(Harem music anyone?)
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby BlueSparkles » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:10 pm

desireaddict wrote:
shamanbuffalo wrote:Since everyone hates Latin Nights, why not start a peaceful revolt? Have a poll and pick the top choice so everyone who reads this forum will costume accordingly?

We are in a group for December discussing a "caveman" theme vs Latin Night.
Not sure where that idea surfaced, but at least its different from Latin Night. (Isn't that what everyone wears at every vanilla resort?)

We would have liked to see "ABC" (Anything But Clothes) return as it brought our a lot of creativity in guests.

But any (theme) night at Desire is better than a night at home (in the snow).

We LOVED the ABC night!!! You can get pretty creative here for sure..and we’ve seen some awesome ones for this theme on our first trip to Desire!! ( 2014) I’ve mentioned it to DD many times....bring it back...it’s so much fun! I didn’t think the Western Theme would last much long either.... (gladly)

I also agree on the Toga Party!! I’ve not yet seen it at Desire in all our 5 trips.... and you can certainly get creative here too!! We did it during our stay at Hedo in Oct/15 and it was so much fun! The resort actually had two full rolls of red & green material, where they’d cut off strips in various sizes, give you some if you needed extra, and then you HAD to get creative with what you had! Which led to some quite interesting ones too!!! Plus you can create your own at home before arrival and add whatever you want!! ;)
BlueSparkles
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 25 Apr 2015

Postby jandr2u » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:39 am

Hi,

I'm trying to figure the theme nights out. I saw a week-by-week schedule of activities that someone posted (https://blog.desire-experience.com/week ... e-riviera/). My question is, do they change or otherwise tweak the themes week-to-week, or is the 2019 themes posted on this site the actual themes we can expect? Trying to plan ahead. Thanks.
J and R
SLS/SDC/Kasidie: jandr2u
kik: caleqs

DRM 1/15-22 2020
DRM 5/26-6/1/19
jandr2u
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 26 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby desireaddict » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:08 pm

caleqs wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to figure the theme nights out. I saw a week-by-week schedule of activities that someone posted (https://blog.desire-experience.com/week ... e-riviera/). My question is, do they change or otherwise tweak the themes week-to-week, or is the 2019 themes posted on this site the actual themes we can expect? Trying to plan ahead. Thanks.

The themes are listed on the Desire website. They typically change some of them at the start of the new year but then those are usually consistent the remainder of the year unless one is determined to be a total flop and is dropped and replaced (ie, tape art -- dear god whoever came up with that one?). The list you have linked is the 2018 themes, so that is not up to date if you are traveling in 2019.

Life is Good!
DA
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

Postby jandr2u » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:09 am

desireaddict wrote:
caleqs wrote:Hi,

The themes are listed on the Desire website. They typically change some of them at the start of the new year but then those are usually consistent the remainder of the year unless one is determined to be a total flop and is dropped and replaced (ie, tape art -- dear god whoever came up with that one?). The list you have linked is the 2018 themes, so that is not up to date if you are traveling in 2019.

Life is Good!
DA

Cool! Thanks.
J and R
SLS/SDC/Kasidie: jandr2u
kik: caleqs

DRM 1/15-22 2020
DRM 5/26-6/1/19
jandr2u
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 26 May 2019

Postby K&RinTX » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:34 pm

We chatted with Sergio for quite some time during our December visit, he wanted to know what we thought about the entertainment and what could be better. He seemed very open to all our suggestions except...Latin Night! He was not at all open to changing it, his impression is that people love it, so it looks like we're stuck with it!
Kasidie: kandrintx
SDC: KRDFW
Twitter: KRDFW
K&RinTX
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Postby SouthCarolinaCpl » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:30 pm

We are some of the people who actually love Latin night.
SouthCarolinaCpl
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 13 Apr 2024

Postby desireaddict » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:13 pm

How can you not love Latin Night? It's VERY popular!
In fact, they have Latin Night Theme every night at every vanilla resort in Mexico and the Caribbean!
Also, REALLY EASY to shop for. Just be cautious your not confusing it with Hawaiian Night.
desireaddict
Desire Legend

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:31 pm

In fact, they have Latin Night Theme every night at every vanilla resort in Mexico and the Caribbean!

... which is a great reason not to do it at Desire, if I wanted vanilla I wouldn't be going to Desire.

For 4 Latin nights we've been to it's by far been the least sexiest as compared to the others, way more instances of people wearing stuff that could be worn outside of Desire, and, well, where's the fun in that, we like it extra naughty :D I've heard guys saying, I feel like I'm dressed for a BBQ. Just overall doesn't promote the sexy vibe like the others - not that it is impossible with this theme but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to resonate with the group at the same level as other themes. Contrast that with a more sex related theme such as BDSM night where it's pretty hard to get that one wrong.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby getaload » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:14 am

We are struggling with Latin theme as well. Any ideas to make it sexy? We will have to buy local as we leave tomorrow. Thanks.
getaload
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby dinkswithkinks » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:52 pm

I think we're just going to get matching Mexican wrestler masks and start tag teaming everyone. :P :bj :MEX
SLS & Kasidie: DinksWithKinks
dinkswithkinks
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 17 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Postby Justskin » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:03 pm

¡Lucha Libre! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019

Postby BornAgainLovers » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:51 am

We must be on of the odd couples who actually likes the Latin night. Just wear the skimpiest outfit that I can with my body :lol: in brightest colours and I am sorted.
We both love the Latin music as well, though we don’t dance
What’s life after 50? SEX SEX SEX
BornAgainLovers
Desire Convert

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 28 Jan 2019

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya