Arriving tomorrow....taxi from Playa del Carmen...

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Arriving tomorrow....taxi from Playa del Carmen...

Postby rasps » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:56 pm

Hello. Arriving tomorrow for our first trip to desire RM. We're taking the ferry from Cozumel to Playa del Carmen. Any idea what a reasonable taxi rate is? Also, what should I tell the taxi so that we are taken to the correct place? Thanks for the help!
rasps

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 24 Nov 2018

Re: Arriving tomorrow....taxi from Playa del Carmen...

Postby northernlightscpl » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:32 pm

As you get off the ferry, go straight up to 5th Ave, (about 2 blocks) and then take a right on 5th Ave (this is the southern end of the main no vehicle shopping road in PdC). Go a few blocks and on your left you will see several taxi cabs at that intersection waiting for hire. Ask them for a price to Puerto Morelos, Desire Rivera Maya. Don't settle for the first price (tourist thing). We took the opposite ride a few years ago and I think it was about $50us. Make sure you have your reservation for DRM handy when he pulls up to the security gate to show them. I would think there are fewer taxi drivers from PdC that would know where DRM is than those from the airport. I am sure he would get some help on the radio from other cabbies. Have a blast
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: Arriving tomorrow....taxi from Playa del Carmen...

Postby rasps » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:31 am

Thanks. Getting on the ferry now....wish us luck!
rasps

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 24 Nov 2018

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya