Jacuzzi Lounge Etiquette

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Jacuzzi Lounge Etiquette

Postby Emptynesters404 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:10 am

We are curious if we are the only ones or if others feel the same way about hot tub time. When that time comes around and we are climbing the stairway to heaven, or at least what we perceive to be one of the greatest locations on the planet earth, we believe we are entering a sexy place for some sexy time. Looking at 80% of the others in this special place, we aren't the only ones who feel the same way. Unfortunately, there are some who just don't get it. I am hoping to jump start a discussion about some of the acceptable and unacceptable unwritten rules that exist that makes this place so special. If we are wrong and need to adjust our expectations lets hear it.

1.) For many, one of the most erotic aspects of Desire, regardless of lifestyle participation, is sex in public. It is erotic on so many levels, both for the couple exhibiting and the couples watching. Nothing kills the mood faster than a group of people standing 3 feet away having a loud conversation about their volleyball match earlier in the day or what they had for dinner. It's one thing if the group was there first, but if they walked up and started watching then that is a whole other situation.

2.) Guys wearing swim suits in the hot tub. When Tempations was closed and a lot of guests from there came to Desire, I understand that they may not be there for the same reasons and I gave a pass. Now however, I feel like it is kind of creepy for a guy to be fully clothed watching other people engage in sexual activity while standing in the hot tub. Maybe if you don't feel comfortable you should stay by the pool or sit at the bar.

3.) Okay people, it is 2018 and smoking in public has gone the way of the dodo. I get it, we used to smoke and have smoked many packages of cigarettes sitting at the bar in the jacuzzi lounge. This however is now a SMOKE FREE zone, they have an area over by the beds for smoking. We all pay good money to be there, we wouldn't say anything if there weren't signs saying no smoking, but there are and it kills us if we are downwind.

Let us know what you think and what are some other faux pas that we might be able to help some avoid.
Emptynesters404

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 08 Apr 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sls

Re: Jacuzzi Lounge Etiquette

Postby two4funinpa » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:23 am

Agree 100% on the smoking. My wife smokes, so I am sympathetic to smokers. But please don't smoke near the hot tub or other areas that are marked smoke free.

I don't care if a guy, or girl, has on or doesn't have on any clothes. That is their choice at a clothing OPTIONAL resort.

If you're gonna have sex in public, I guess you have to deal with conversations taking place...right?
SLS - two4funinpanow
KIK - two4funinpa
two4funinpa
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 20 Dec 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby Calicouple69 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:47 pm

May we offer our number one gripe about jacuzzi lounge etiquette? PEOPLE THAT CLIMB THE STAIRS, PUT THEIR CRAP ON A BED (especially those closest to the hot tub) THEN WALK AWAY!

What is less "sexy" than the beds piled with people's beach bags, towels etc.( often all three beds) shoes all scattered about, and no one using them? THE BEDS ARE THERE TO BE USED, NOT TO STORE YOUR JUNK, THEY HAVE VERY CONVENIENT CUBBYS FOR THAT. Related to that are the people that park themselves on a bed (again, often the ones closest to the hot tub) then take a nap, read a book, or play on their phones or tablets. Seriously people, the play that often happens on these beds is what contributes to the "sexy vibe" of the jacuzzi area!
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby northernlightscpl » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:42 pm

Calicouple69 wrote:May we offer our number one gripe about jacuzzi lounge etiquette? PEOPLE THAT CLIMB THE STAIRS, PUT THEIR CRAP ON A BED (especially those closest to the hot tub) THEN WALK AWAY!

What is less "sexy" than the beds piled with people's beach bags, towels etc.( often all three beds) shoes all scattered about, and no one using them? THE BEDS ARE THERE TO BE USED, NOT TO STORE YOUR JUNK, THEY HAVE VERY CONVENIENT CUBBYS FOR THAT. Related to that are the people that park themselves on a bed (again, often the ones closest to the hot tub) then take a nap, read a book, or play on their phones or tablets. Seriously people, the play that often happens on these beds is what contributes to the "sexy vibe" of the jacuzzi area!

You nailed it and how so many feel as well. The only thing you should have when you climb those final 4 steps to the jacuzzi is a naughty smile (glad to be here finely) and some tip cash'ola for the hard working bar guys. There are cubicles to store beach bags, towels and sandals near the washrooms. Use them. There really is no other place to put your towels and sandals up there. This also includes the other beds as well, chairs and tables, store your stuff away. If you are going to 'use the bed', spread your towels out, climb on, enjoy and vacate so others can use them..
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby northernlightscpl » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:16 pm

Emptynesters404 wrote:We are curious if we are the only ones or if others feel the same way about hot tub time. When that time comes around and we are climbing the stairway to heaven, or at least what we perceive to be one of the greatest locations on the planet earth, we believe we are entering a sexy place for some sexy time. Looking at 80% of the others in this special place, we aren't the only ones who feel the same way. Unfortunately, there are some who just don't get it. I am hoping to jump start a discussion about some of the acceptable and unacceptable unwritten rules that exist that makes this place so special. If we are wrong and need to adjust our expectations lets hear it.

1.) For many, one of the most erotic aspects of Desire, regardless of lifestyle participation, is sex in public. It is erotic on so many levels, both for the couple exhibiting and the couples watching. Nothing kills the mood faster than a group of people standing 3 feet away having a loud conversation about their volleyball match earlier in the day or what they had for dinner. It's one thing if the group was there first, but if they walked up and started watching then that is a whole other situation.

2.) Guys wearing swim suits in the hot tub. When Tempations was closed and a lot of guests from there came to Desire, I understand that they may not be there for the same reasons and I gave a pass. Now however, I feel like it is kind of creepy for a guy to be fully clothed watching other people engage in sexual activity while standing in the hot tub. Maybe if you don't feel comfortable you should stay by the pool or sit at the bar.

3.) Okay people, it is 2018 and smoking in public has gone the way of the dodo. I get it, we used to smoke and have smoked many packages of cigarettes sitting at the bar in the jacuzzi lounge. This however is now a SMOKE FREE zone, they have an area over by the beds for smoking. We all pay good money to be there, we wouldn't say anything if there weren't signs saying no smoking, but there are and it kills us if we are downwind.

Let us know what you think and what are some other faux pas that we might be able to help some avoid.

#1 yes this is irritating and a huge mood killer. We will just get up and left without entertaining them. in respect to the 'guys standing around and watching and jabbering about everything', they are likely no in the LS and don't get any etiquette from A to Z and probably wear their ball hats in the restaurants as well.
#2 understand fully and many find it a bit creepy as well. Apparently, someone else has mentioned in another thread recently that they can make their own sexy vibe with leaving their clothes on at Desire and not feed off of the vibe of others enjoying PDS and nudity. Probably true using one hand creating their own vibe...... but...……. it is a CO resort and allowed. Desire is making the most of their CO business model to attract these people to "come and watch and be watched" to fill their suites up..
#3 it is getting tougher for smokers everywhere to light up. Just have the etiquette to light up in approved areas for everyone else around you. We hate having to sharing the smoke with the smoker.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Calicouple69 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:22 pm

Thank You! Glad to know we're not the only ones that feel this way about the beds :D

As far as the OP's concern about clothed men? Yah, we'd have to agree, it is a breach of "etiquette" for a guy to be clothed while "chatting up", or "checking out" other naked people. Kinda creepy. Women? We give them a pass because some of the "barely there" suits are quite erotic. But guys? Come on.....be free!
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby marklu » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:35 pm

:L :L :L :L
Calicouple69 wrote:May we offer our number one gripe about jacuzzi lounge etiquette? PEOPLE THAT CLIMB THE STAIRS, PUT THEIR CRAP ON A BED (especially those closest to the hot tub) THEN WALK AWAY!

marklu
Desire Devotee

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 15 Aug 2021

Postby dandol » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:57 pm

Every time we check out, we fill out the comment section and complain about the smoking at the Jacuzzi. Obviously the comment and complaints don't do any good.
dandol
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2014

Postby RJOC » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:20 pm

Last time we were there, a foursome started smoking at the bed next to us. We politely asked them to stop - and they did.

We shouldn't have to ask, but most people will comply if you ask them to stop nicely.
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby HiddenBlue » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:08 pm

I fully agree with your point 1):
Two sad real examples:
-One year in the play room in Desire RM. We were busy with one couple, we were the only ones in there, come in two guys and sit on the bed next to us waiting for their ladies who went to the toilet first. Then these two guys start having a loud stupid conversation killing the atmosphere! Aaaarghhhh!

-We are at the bar at the far end, last year in Desire RM. We have been playing and my lady is comfortable with it and we are having fun. Comes one guy of the two or three couples that were standing on the other far end, of the otherwise empty bar, to me and tries to be funny and comments that people are watching us...
Why do people have the urge to intervene and comment and kill the buzz right there? Either you enjoy and continue watching us and shut up or you look the other way but shut up too!
HiddenBlue

Postby dmkfun » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:04 pm

two4funinpa wrote:Agree 100% on the smoking. My wife smokes, so I am sympathetic to smokers. But please don't smoke near the hot tub or other areas that are marked smoke free.

I don't care if a guy, or girl, has on or doesn't have on any clothes. That is their choice at a clothing OPTIONAL resort.

If you're gonna have sex in public, I guess you have to deal with conversations taking place...right?

Agree completely, especially with the clothing part and sex in public.
SLS: dmkfun
DP 7/8-7/14
dmkfun
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 06 Jul 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Don & Jeanne » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:20 am

Were these guys hanging out without their wifes?
Don of (Don & Jeanne)
Kasidie & Kik: DueTeste
MeWe: Due Teste
Don & Jeanne
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasadie

Postby Maria&Manu » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:03 pm

Emptynesters404 wrote:We are curious if we are the only ones or if others feel the same way about hot tub time. When that time comes around and we are climbing the stairway to heaven, or at least what we perceive to be one of the greatest locations on the planet earth, we believe we are entering a sexy place for some sexy time. Looking at 80% of the others in this special place, we aren't the only ones who feel the same way. Unfortunately, there are some who just don't get it. I am hoping to jump start a discussion about some of the acceptable and unacceptable unwritten rules that exist that makes this place so special. If we are wrong and need to adjust our expectations lets hear it.

:L :L :L :L :L :
WE COULDN'T AGREE MORE with EVERYTHING you are saying!!!
1) If a couple is playing and someone arrives there AFTER they have started with their play and starts having some stupid converstation, it is either:
a) Lack of intelligence, or
b) Lack of tack, courtesy, empathy, or
c) Too drunk to behave in a civilized way or
d) Lack of respect, or
e) Lack of interest for sex (in which case, they should have not gone to Desire, but rather have stayed at home).
f) All of the above together.

2) We AGREE with you on this one too. I don't know about the US, but here in Europe it is not a matter of "legal rights" (some other argue that D_RM is a "clothing optional", therefore they have the right to remain clothed....) In our opinion it is a matter of common sense, courtesy, and respect. They may have all the right in the world, but they should have the judgement to realize that going to a place like the hot tub or the playroom (where couples go to play and have sex) IS NOT LIKE GOING TO THE ZOO!!!
There are many other places in the resort where they can go, if they don't want to "blend in" with the rest of couples!!!

3) You are right also with the smoking etiquette. YOU SEE? This is the proof that "THE LAW" is not the matter to be discussed here (as other argue). Because in this case "the Law" is in our side (the side of those who want to be respected) but it doesn't seem to make a difference to un-educated, drunk, rude, unpolite people (we have people like that in Europe too!!!).

4) Even though your post only has 3 points, there is ANOTHER rude behaviour that was described by another (later) post from someone else:
Even though my wife and myself are going to D_RM for the first time next week, we have been more than 20 times to Lifestyle resorts and clubs in Europe and EVERYBODY KNOWS (or at least should) that you should (out of courstesy) NOT use the beds for other than playing, and then PICK ALL your things (towels included, of course) and have the ellegance to leave after you are finished and let that space be used by another couple who also wants to play!!!!
It's INCREDIBLE that we have to say this....it should be COMMON SENSE!!

From what I can see, the management at these resorts doesn't do their job well at enforcing basic, common sense, rules of courtesy.
If they are afraid of "losing customers", they should know that by allowing these rude behaviours, they are also going to lose clients: PRECISELY THE ONES THEY SHOULD KEEP!!!
Maria&Manu
Desire Fan

We are from: Spain
We arrive on: 06 Jan 2019

Postby jahppycple » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:06 pm

We were at pearl and went to play on a bed next to the jacuzzi when a guy got out of the tub pissed off to tell us we were on HIS BED. Hmm then he got back in the water with his friends. WTF? Not worth the fight.
jahppycple
Desire Fan

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya