A Few Questions

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

A Few Questions

Postby djcj » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:53 pm

My wife and I will be making our first trip to DRM the last week of February.
We have never been to a CO resort before but we are looking forward to it.
We have arrived at other resorts without knowing much about them before arrivial so I appreciate all the imformation available here.
But even after reading quite a bit I still have a few questions that hopefullly someone will answer.

My questions are about seating and beds at the beach and the pool.
My wife loves the beach and I'm hoping the seaweed is not a huge problem when we are there.
I do want to get a beach bed at least one day and if I'm understanding correctly I need to reserve one. That seems simple enough. Are there also chairs and umbrellas on the beach to use and if so is there some type of reversation policy?

I'm sure at some point we will end up at the pool. While I'm not interested in a bed by the pool I would like a place to sit down and have a beer. Reading this thread it appears that loungers must also be reserved. Is there seating other than the loungers? If not and I didn't plan ahead should I be prepared to not find a seat?

In another thread this was posted:
SportyCpl18 wrote:Pool
The pool at Desire was great. Lots of sun beds. Didn't love having to pay for them, but it was worth it. The pool was near the lunch restaurant. The Play Makers made sure to greet people and made us feel welcome.

As I said I don't intend to make use of the pool beds but I am curious as to any fee charged for either the beach or the pool beds or any fee for loungers etc. I did read and understand the suggestion to tip those working the pool in the thread I linked to. Tips and fees are two different things. Could someone clarify this?

Last question, is the pool and hot tub open 24 hours or do they have specific hours of operation?

Thanks,
Dave
djcj

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2020

Re: A Few Questions

Postby MachineWorks » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:45 am

Hope you both enjoy your first trip! We are going for our second in April. So any info I have is based off of only one trip last June/July.

To have a spot by the pool, you'll need to reserve it. My wife and I reserved our bed, we had a couple we met on the forum before going, and on the day they arrived, there were no beds or chairs available by the pool, so they put their things with ours by our bed and we just hung out by the pool. The other days, they reserved loungers while we still reserved our bed. Other than tipping the man setting up the bed, we never paid extra for a pool bed. Outside of the beds and loungers, there are a few spots at the pool bar or around the backside of the bar. Not really anywhere else to sit that I can recall.

At the beach, we spent very little time b/c of the seaweed, but there were plenty of beds and loungers available, but I didn't see any umbrellas for the chairs. Someone else may be more suited to answer that for you.

I'm not sure of the actual hours the pool and hot tub are open. You can go up to the hot tub I think at any time, but there isn't a bartender until...2ish I think.

That is my best answer for you based on my limited experience.

Good Luck!
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Aug 2020

Postby texascouple1208 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:37 am

As for beach beds, you can just find Rene on the beach in the morning and tell him you would like a bed. We usually tip him. I don't think there is an explicit cost to get a beach bed, but if you arrive at the beach too late, they might be all taken. The beds are arranged with two lounge chairs in front of them, but I don't think there are umbrellas. The beds themselves do provide a fair amount of shade. When we were there in November, the seaweed was not too bad, but the beach was fairly eroded.

On our last trip, spots by the pool were more in demand than on previous trips and if you arrived later in the morning, they were often all taken. I think the gentleman by the pool is named Danny. He is usually in the booth just north of the pool. There is a mixture of lounge chairs, rectangular beds like they have on the beach and circular beds for two. There are umbrellas at the pool. Again, I don't think there is a cost for pool beds, but we generally tip the gentleman who sets us up.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby djcj » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:42 pm

Thank you. I appreciate your input.
djcj

Postby dinkswithkinks » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:04 pm

Are pool beds & chairs reserved for the length of your stay or do you reserve them each day?
SLS & Kasidie: DinksWithKinks
dinkswithkinks
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 17 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Postby RJOC » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:21 pm

dinkswithkinks wrote:Are pool beds & chairs reserved for the length of your stay or do you reserve them each day?

When you reserve them, just let them know how long you want the bed or lounge chair to be reserved - and they will take care of it. It doesn't hurt to tip them at the same time too.
RJOC
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby Venusin » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:29 pm

I don't speak english, I hope that you understand me. My wife and me love the beach, we went to DRM the last october, the beds beach are free just you can to ask with Jorge without problems. About the seaweed, there was a few seaweed but the hotel staff clean the beach regularly, the xperience in the DRM beach was exciting we saw couples having sex on the beds, on seashore and in the sea. It's very nice you can to enjoy the beach all day.
Venusin
Desire Convert

We are from: Colombia
We arrive on: 13 Oct 2018

Postby ATM » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:38 am

Danny, the pool bed/chair guy, will reserve your seats for the week... so will your butler if you have one. Only catch is if you are not there each day by 10am they will give your bed or chair away. This has happened to us quite a few times. Not hard to miss that 10am curtain call when you've been up till 4 or 5 in the morning having a good time.
SLS: FunPlayInTheD
KIK: FunPlayInTheD
TTR 6 times
Desire Pearl Feb 2015
Desire RM Feb 2016, Aug 2016, Feb 2017, Aug 2-6 2017!
ATM
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 18 Feb 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby djcj » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:04 pm

ATM wrote:Danny, the pool bed/chair guy, will reserve your seats for the week... so will your butler if you have one. Only catch is if you are not there each day by 10am they will give your bed or chair away. This has happened to us quite a few times. Not hard to miss that 10am curtain call when you've been up till 4 or 5 in the morning having a good time.

Thanks for that info. That’s helps because my guess is we would probably be at the beach until sometime after lunch.
My thinking was, reserve a beach bed, get breakfast, hang out at the beach, then lunch, then the pool.
Not sure if that’s how it will go but it’s my initial thinking. I’ll get a beach bed reserved and see what happens at the pool.
djcj

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya