Hot Tub Etiquette

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Hot Tub Etiquette

Postby MandD » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:39 am

This posting isnt about sex etc, it is about being good little girls and boys and leaving others belongings alone. 4 of our 6 nights at the hot tub on this trip our belongings have been taken. We have had 3 robes taken with our room keys in the pocket, $10 of tip money, and one tshirt of my wifes was taken. No we weren't drunk and misplace them, they were taken. Does anyone else have this problem when staying at RM? This is the first time in 7 trips we have had this issue. Beyond this the trip has been great, and the staff as usual has been amazing.
C4P - MandD_Desire
KIK - MandD_Desire2
MandD
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Jun 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Re: Hot Tub Etiquette

Postby Calicouple69 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:12 pm

Unfortunately we've seen it. We try very hard not to take anything of value to the hot tub anymore. On a previous trip our friends had a bag stolen. The only silver lining was that the lady that took it had the audacity to carry the bag back up to the jacuzzi area later, WEARING SOME JEWELRY FROM IT! When confronted, she first said it was hers, then offered to give it all back. In the ensuing commotion, the lady slipped away, and wasn't seen again for the rest of the trip. Upon going through the bag our friend realized there was way more stuff in it than she had originally had in it. Soon someone close by says, "I think that's my ring". Then another says, "that's my necklace". You get the idea, the lady had been at it for a while. Any unknown or unclaimed stuff, including room keys and a cell phone were turned in to the front desk.

We've been to Desire many times, and THIS IS NOT THE NORM. But, be aware friends, we don't leave our valuables on the seat of the car when we go into the store do we? Desire is such a magical environment it leads to a lot of trust. But, there are those out there that can't resist taking other people's stuff. Sad, but true.

As to the OP, we're sorry you had this experience, what type of AHOLE takes other peopls stuff! :evil:
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby Explorer79 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:55 pm

I lost my pants at the hot tub, likely was all my doing though lol. They were white, I'm thinking they got mixed up with the towels. They turned up a few days later in lost and found.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby red88vette » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:10 pm

I had my sandals taken once at the jacuzzi. I assumed someone took them by mistake, too many drinks. They showed up in lost and found a couple, days later. So yes check Lost and found for your items.
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Postby Calicouple69 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:43 pm

Explorer79, sorry bout the pants, when I left the hot tub I forgot I hadn't WORN any pants. Oh, we used all the condoms in the pockets, sorry bout that too :-( Nice pants, but didn't feel right about wearin em. Glad you got em back

LMAO! Totally kidding :lol: I have left clothes up there after the disco. Only to think later, where the hell are my pants!
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby canuck63 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:31 am

We were there one trip, it was during the time Temptations was closed and there were many new faces, we were sitting in the tub one night and all of a sudden the wife jumps out and runs to the stairs. The next thing I know she is grabbing stuff out of some guys hands and giving him shit. Apparently she watched him walk over to the cubbies and mull around then reach into our cubby and took everything and headed straight towards the stairs. When my wife confronted him he gave it back and said he thought it was his stuff, however, all the time he was wearing a bathing suit, not like he had just got out of the tub. From that point on during that trip we never left our stuff unwatched again.
canuck63
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 26 Apr 2024

Postby mr&mrssnow » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:06 am

Sad that this happens at Desire, can happen anywhere though. We’ve only taken sandals, shorts/cover ups and room keys to the hot tub. Usually drop off everything we can at the room before we go there. Very unfortunate theft happens within that group of people at Desire.
Desire Rm
Nov. 16
May. 18
May. 19
mr&mrssnow
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 09 May 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Swingingheaven

Postby MandD » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:58 am

I agree,people are people anywhere you go I guess. Good thing we didnt lose anything of real value but after 4 diffent times it did get agravating.
C4P - MandD_Desire
KIK - MandD_Desire2
MandD
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jun 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Postby Justskin » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:38 pm

canuck63 wrote:We were there one trip, it was during the time Temptations was closed and there were many new faces, we were sitting in the tub one night and all of a sudden the wife jumps out and runs to the stairs. The next thing I know she is grabbing stuff out of some guys hands and giving him shit. Apparently she watched him walk over to the cubbies and mull around then reach into our cubby and took everything and headed straight towards the stairs. When my wife confronted him he gave it back and said he thought it was his stuff, however, all the time he was wearing a bathing suit, not like he had just got out of the tub. From that point on during that trip we never left our stuff unwatched again.

Wow...just wow.
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Wifeyswing » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:07 am

mr&mrssnow wrote:Sad that this happens at Desire, can happen anywhere though. We’ve only taken sandals, shorts/cover ups and room keys to the hot tub. Usually drop off everything we can at the room before we go there. Very unfortunate theft happens within that group of people at Desire.

Doesnt happen anywhere eslse we go and hasnt happened to us at Desire. Are these fellow guests or workers? Should we all bring backup sets of sandals/flipflops? Is three pair enough for a week?

What can be done other than stare at your stuff while were f**king?
Wifeyswing
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 31 Dec 2018

Postby canuck63 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:04 am

Wifeyswing wrote:
mr&mrssnow wrote:Sad that this happens at Desire, can happen anywhere though. We’ve only taken sandals, shorts/cover ups and room keys to the hot tub. Usually drop off everything we can at the room before we go there. Very unfortunate theft happens within that group of people at Desire.

Doesnt happen anywhere eslse we go and hasnt happened to us at Desire. Are these fellow guests or workers? Should we all bring backup sets of sandals/flipflops? Is three pair enough for a week?

What can be done other than stare at your stuff while were f**king?

I don't think this happens all the time, these are most likely isolated incidents. We have been to Pearl 3 times and RM 14 and this one incident is the only time we ever experienced something like this. On the flip side, we have forgetten stuff at the hot tub, pool or disco and had it turned in the very next morning to the front desk, so not everyone is dishonest, just a few bad apples as always.
canuck63
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 26 Apr 2024

Postby Yeipi » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:57 am

canuck63 wrote:I don't think this happens all the time, these are most likely isolated incidents. We have been to Pearl 3 times and RM 14 and this one incident is the only time we ever experienced something like this. On the flip side, we have forgetten stuff at the hot tub, pool or disco and had it turned in the very next morning to the front desk, so not everyone is dishonest, just a few bad apples as always.

:L

We have been at DRM 8 times and have never had or seen any incidents. Unfortunately bad apples go everywhere and some even go to Desire :mrgreen:
Yeipi
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 02 Feb 2024

Postby desireaddict » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:12 am

I've had my sandals disappear from the hot tub on 2 of our recent trips. In both cases they magically reappeared a day or two later, so i assume someone had a few too many tequila shots and grabbed the wrong pair. Highly unlikely they wore the wrong pair, as they are size 15. The pair that was left there on one occasion were a 10 or 11. But I can a the wifey gathering up the tippy hubby's stuff and helping him to the room without paying close attention to the shoes she grabs. (BTW -- the resort only sells sandals up to size 12. For $42. And yes, I had to buy a pair so I could get into the restaurants.)

The cases noted above that seem to be obvious theft absolutely surprise me. If you're booking a vacation that costs $3000-$7000 do you really NEED any of the trinkets that a person would risk laying around at the pool or hot tub? Doesn't everyone of us already have a new cell phone? There is no way my wife would casually leave any of her jewelry in the pocket of a robe. I'm assuming what was taken was "costume" jewelry. (Not that it makes anyone feel better about such thievery going on.)
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby Jessy75 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:01 am

desireaddict wrote: The cases noted above that seem to be obvious theft absolutely surprise me. If you're booking a vacation that costs $3000-$7000 do you really NEED any of the trinkets that a person would risk laying around at the pool or hot tub? Doesn't everyone of us already have a new cell phone? There is no way my wife would casually leave any of her jewelry in the pocket of a robe. I'm assuming what was taken was "costume" jewelry. (Not that it makes anyone feel better about such thievery going on.)

Agree with this completely. We've lost a couple of things (sunglasses, a shirt) due to our own drunkenness or that of others but outright theft seems pointless, risky, and just plain bizarre given the affluence of nearly everyone at the resort and the price of the vacation.
Jessy75
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 27 Dec 2019

Postby Justskin » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:23 pm

We've had flip flops stolen on two different trips. as such we always bring spares. And we avoid bringing Adidas branded flip flops as they seem to be more in demand.
The same goes for sunglasses, we always bring a spare pair.

Theft is rare but it happens.
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya