Family Friendly Contact information

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Family Friendly Contact information

Postby T386G » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:25 pm

We are staying at DRM in the very near future and we are looking for the "Family Friendly" telephone number.

I have attempted to contact the resort through their website and general customer service email and haven't received a response.
I even called the hotel main number and the person who answered didn't know or understand what I was talking about.

I understand that this information is confidential. Does anyone have a good email or phone number for anyone in the resort that can provide this to us (If it still exists)?

Thank You
T and D
T386G

We are from: USA

Re: Family Friendly Contact information

Postby UsAndYou » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:24 pm

It looks as though it may no longer exist according to CokeMann. Take a look at this thread:

http://desiremexico.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=8816&p=84092&hilit=phone+number#p84092

But, also take a look at this FAQ link where they claim they still have the "family friendly" number:

https://www.desire-experience.com/resorts/desire-riviera-maya-resort/faqs/
UsAndYou
Desire Devotee

Postby T386G » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:14 pm

We finally received an email from the resort and they still have a Family friendly phone number and they provided it.

Thanks for your help
T386G

Postby PairOfEightz » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:56 pm

T386G wrote:We finally received an email from the resort and they still have a Family friendly phone number and they provided it.

Thanks for your help

I might need your help with this. Need to give the grandparents watching our kids a cover story.
Late 30s
LS for almost 4 years
PairOfEightz

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 22 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby Gemini Rose » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:57 am

PairOfEightz wrote:
T386G wrote:We finally received an email from the resort and they still have a Family friendly phone number and they provided it.

Thanks for your help

I might need your help with this. Need to give the grandparents watching our kids a cover story.

Years ago I decided to test the number I was given. It was NOT family friendly. Since then, I've told the family to call my cell or text in case of emergency.
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Postby jjacobstine » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:26 pm

Have em opt to call your cell, text, or email you directly rather than make "expensive and complicated" international phone calls. :lol:
jjacobstine
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 16 Aug 2021

Postby Gemini Rose » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:38 am

jjacobstine wrote:Have em opt to call your cell, text, or email you directly rather than make "expensive and complicated" international phone calls. :lol:

:L :shock:
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Postby red88vette » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:23 pm

We find whatsapp useful and easy for making international calls.
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Postby Calicouple69 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:51 pm

If you alert your carrier in advance they give you international calling for free
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby Hot and Bothered » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:42 pm

Gemini Rose wrote:
PairOfEightz wrote:

Thanks for your help

Years ago I decided to test the number I was given. It was NOT family friendly. Since then, I've told the family to call my cell or text in case of emergency.

This. The last time we looked into it (TTR), they still answered the phone as Original Group, which only requires a quick Google search to see what those resorts actually are. As mentioned, you're much better off getting Mexico coverage on your current cell plan for the month, or picking up a SIM card in the airport.
Kasidie:
Hot and Bothered
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 04 Aug 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby T386G » Wed May 01, 2019 9:52 am

This is how we dealt with the issue:

We told them we were staying at Breathless and that our cell phones worked for calls and texts.
We texted them during our stay.
We said that if it was an extreme emergency and they couldn't get us on our phones, this is the hotel contact information;
We are staying at AM Original Resorts Breathless
Carretera Cancun-Puerto Morelos Km. 27.5 Sm 12 Mza 41 C.P. 77580,
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Phone# (Confidential number)"
We gave them a printed copy of this info (So it made it hard to cut and paste and Google)
We actually took pics of Breathless when we were there.

Hope this helps
T386G

Postby Explorer79 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:21 pm

You could always tell them "We are staying at Breathless, but if you want to reach us you'll have to call the naked resort next door as I hear Breathless is having phone line issues. Of course we would never, never, never, ever, go over there..."
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby desireaddict » Thu May 02, 2019 7:50 am

Our AT&T cell phones have worked at DRM for over 10 years.
Originally the cost/minute was scary (remember "roaming"), now with the international plan (for a few $$/month) it's just like being at home (meaning cell phones can be a real PITA).
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby ContentTwo » Mon May 06, 2019 7:47 am

We were originally concerned about emergency contact info as well, and I don’t trust a random employee with maintaining our cover story...even if it is labeled as a “family friendly number.” Unfortunately I also had to be available for work emergencies.

I initially called Verizon to add on some kind of international calling for our trip, and they said our phones would work in Mexico as is. No international calling. No roaming. Nothing extra that I can recall. That was very convenient.

The cell reception was hit-or-miss at the resort. We could always get signal but mostly it was just slow to find a connection. The internet / data was slow but useable. The resort WiFi was equally slow and spotty, mostly at the pool. We used a VPN for the entire trip so that might have made things a little slower too.
ContentTwo
Desire Lover

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya