Day Pass from TTR

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Day Pass from TTR

Postby BobcatFalcon » Thu May 16, 2019 7:39 am

A little early I know... trip planned to TTR April 2020. Do they offer day passes to DRM?? Cost?? Transportation?? Is it worth it?? How late can we stay??
BobcatFalcon

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 30 Mar 2024

Re: Day Pass from TTR

Postby CokeMann » Thu May 16, 2019 10:22 am

BobcatFalcon wrote:A little early I know... trip planned to TTR April 2020. Do they offer day passes to DRM?? Cost?? Transportation?? Is it worth it?? How late can we stay??

TTR and the Desire properties are not considered "sister properties therefore day passes are not available. If you sit thru the membership presentation at TTR you "might" be able to negotiate a one time day pass to DRM - I say might because there is no guarantee that they will do it.

IF you are successful, the pass is good from 11am to 6pm and then you will be asked to leave(just as the real action at DRM is getting started). You are on our own for transportation and a taxi for a TTR>DRM>TTR round trip will run you around $100 usd.

IMHO - all the day pass gives you is the chance to be nude(or see others that way) for a couple of hours and no real sense of what Desire is about - better to just bite the bullet and add(book) a couple of days at DRM as part of your next TTR trip.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby SouthCarolinaCpl » Thu May 16, 2019 12:15 pm

This past April at Pearl, a young couple on a day pass became excessively inebriated and had to be forced out of the hot tub by other guests. They said their day pass was over at 6 pm. Hotel staff were made aware of the situation. They were not made to leave at 6 pm. Hotel staff removed them and fed them a hamburger and allowed them to return to the hot tub that evening. They stayed until after midnight. The day pass authority has never been strictly enforced, although it should be. And our experience is people on a day pass are many times problematic because they feel they have to party hard to make the most of their supposed limited time at the resort. In this instance, the couple went as far as to tell people in the hot tub how they were going to be having sex with a couple who are friends of ours, without our friends input into the decision. Yeah, that didn’t happen. IMHO they should only allow day passes to guest who can demonstrate they have visited a Desire property at least 1 previous trip, so they at least know the etiquette and routine. Would cut down on problems. No one wants to their limited time at the resort babysitting immature adults.
SouthCarolinaCpl
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 13 Apr 2024

Postby Explorer79 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:42 pm

That's the problem with day passes, or even if they allowed you to book 1 night. Given that most people (I would guess) fall into the 4-8 night range the $$$ investment is much more significant. If you come in there on day 1 and make an ass out of yourself, well you have to face all these same people for the rest of your trip. Group pressure (implied or otherwise) can be a great motivator. Certainly it doesn't eliminate the issue but I have to believe it _greatly_ reduces it.

If you are in on a day pass or even a 1 night booking, the investment is much less, therefore the value/risk is much less, therefore if you are so inclined to act a fool it doesn't matter near as much to them since they won't have to face these people ever again and would tend to lead to higher instances of this sort of thing.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby youme69 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:18 am

End of March we also had a young couple on day pass from TTR they also made the most of their day!

But the one that surprised me was another young couple (sat next to us at the pool) they were in a destination wedding up the beach at Dreams heard about Desire thought it sounded fun and walked in the front door and got a day pass.
Never been to a resort like Desire, they were naked all day having sex everywhere eating drinking they said this is the greatest place ever!!
They asked us if they would really kick them out at 6pm, we saw them after a nice meal about 8pm said no one ever said a thing they were leaving on their own.

So I have no idea how they run their day pass program! I never asked what they paid but at least they were totally sold and would be back.
KIK: sunsandcpl
youme69
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 03 Apr 2024

Postby shore128 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:49 pm

During our March 2018 trip to RM I was told by a staff member that they were selling quite a few day passes to guests from Breathless next door. As long as it doesn't get to be problematic, I'm sure upper management and the owners are not going to turn down the revenue. And of course if couples enjoy their day at Desire they become likely future customers.
shore128
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya