Middle aged first timers

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Middle aged first timers

Postby Sttrnb » Thu May 30, 2019 7:18 pm

My wife and I plan on going in April, now the kids are gone, we have a few things to check off the bucket list. Wondering, will a 50 year old, very sexually active couple, who have never been to anything like this before, and are not in the "lifestyle", be out of place age wise here? We are both open to branching out and trying new things.
Sttrnb

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Aug 2019

Re: Middle aged first timers

Postby RJOC » Thu May 30, 2019 7:36 pm

You won't be out of place at all!

There will be many couples just like you, in the same age bracket as well as younger and older with the same feelings and thoughts.

The only people that are out of place at any Desire properties, are those that are rude or make an ass out of themselves.
RJOC
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby Marchmnm » Thu May 30, 2019 7:42 pm

We are a non LS couple that recently visited for first time. Nothing to worry about. Everyone we met were very friendly and accepting.
We felt comfortable every where while there. Dont miss the social hours at hot tub and your conversations with others will certainly lead to where your comfort levels are. Enjoy
Marchmnm

We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022

Postby raleightraveler » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Middle aged? WTF is that?!? You’re only as old (or young) as you feel. At DRM my 58 year old self feels just right and fits in perfectly. Have a great trip and be prepared to rebook the instant you get back home.

Enjoy
raleightraveler
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 06 May 2017

Postby jandr2u » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:52 pm

53 (me) and 50 (wife) here. We fit right in. Probably a tiny bit over the average, but you will not feel "old" at all. You will love it. We're non-LS too. Well, at least we were going in. Now we've had some very tame and innocent (innocent??) experiences at DRM. Was AMAZING. You will love it!!
J and R
SLS/SDC/Kasidie: jandr2u
kik: caleqs

DRM 1/15-22 2020
DRM 5/26-6/1/19
jandr2u
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 26 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:34 am

Pearl tends to skew a little older and RM a little younger, but my wife and I are both 51 and feel right at home at either resort.

We will be at RM next week.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Postby Wifeyswing » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:38 pm

Sttrnb wrote:My wife and I plan on going in April, now the kids are gone, we have a few things to check off the bucket list. Wondering, will a 50 year old, very sexually active couple, who have never been to anything like this before, and are not in the "lifestyle", be out of place age wise here? We are both open to branching out and trying new things.

You will be more than fine and before you know straddling the line of LS/non-LS and with each passing trip you will wade more into the LS. Our experience is it is the ladies that initialize each deeper increment until before you know it you are fulfilling all your fantasies together.
Wifeyswing
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 31 Dec 2018

Postby Me&Princess » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:53 am

Echoing what others have said, you'll fit in pretty much exactly with the average demographic. I'm mid 40s and the wife is late 20s but I would say that on our previous trips to RM the majority of folks were in their mid 40s and 50s. You'll have a fantastic time!
Me&Princess
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 27 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Vanilla Xtracts » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:42 am

Sttrnb wrote:My wife and I plan on going in April, now the kids are gone, we have a few things to check off the bucket list. Wondering, will a 50 year old, very sexually active couple, who have never been to anything like this before, and are not in the "lifestyle", be out of place age wise here? We are both open to branching out and trying new things.

Hi @Sttrnb,

This is a great place to discover more about yourselves and to meet like minded friendly people who enjoy freedom they haven’t had prior. There is a wide age range but most 35 and up we would say with the average age likely within 5 years of you two.

You’ll have a great time at Desire with the awesome staff and fun friendly guests. We discovered this resort 7 years ago and are in the same age range as you two. If you have any questions there are lots of good answers already on the forum so use the search feature first and then follow up with new questions if you can find the right or current answer.

Happy trip planning.
Brian & Kath
VanillaXtracts / Naughty Nakations
Vanilla Xtracts
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 19 Oct 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC SLS

Postby 2New2MN » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:01 am

One of the great things about Desire, unlike LS websites, is that no one knows your actual age. I’m sure people guess, but as long as you feel and act “young”, you will feel very accepted and comfortable no matter how old you are. We are in our early 60’s (oops I just told you) and we always feel right at home. Our plan is to keep going every year, as long as we can, even in our 70’s. We hope no one minds seeing a 70’s couple in their birthday suits.
Kasadie - 2New2MN
Lifestyle Lounge - 2new2mn
KIK - 2new2mn
2New2MN
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 19 Aug 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya