HOT TUB UPDATE

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

HOT TUB UPDATE

Postby eddieandjojo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:49 am

Any recent news on the hot tub resurfacing? They were to be completely finished on the 19th or so according to some earlier posts. Any news will be appreciated.

Yep, countdown is now less than a week......
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Desire lovers » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:43 pm

We are also curious as to the condition of the hot tub. Does anyone have news??
Desire lovers

Postby outlaw 32 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:24 pm

lets see some pictures we will be there feb 27 thru mar 6th
outlaw 32
Desire Fan

Postby tout.prest » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:20 pm

I guess we can only assume that the hottub is so good , everybody has other things to do than post on here.......... :roll:

Steve,
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby eddieandjojo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Just got an email from the resort saying that the hot tub is up and running! Good news for everyone there and those of us who leave in the next few days!

Thank goodness!!!

E&J
eddieandjojo

Postby davidgdk » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:14 am

Hi Everyone. Just in case this helps to eleviate anyones worries, the hot tub is running. We were there from the 16th to the 23rd, and we were without the tub from Monday to Friday. I can tell you that there was no warning and were were very dissapointed.

However, the result is great. Complete resurfacing of the tub 100 percent of the tiling. A skimmer was added, the decking was restained, the wooden stairs up to the tub deck were ripped out and rebuilt. The bar was completely renovationed, new granite etc. All the plumming and electrical redone.

So you can easily see that this was no accident. It had to be planned for.

But, Yes, it is up and running and Friday night it was packed with a lot of beautiful people. :)
davidgdk

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:55 pm

Davicgdk,
Were you (the guests) offered any compensation for being without the hot tub? I know we'd be pi$$ed if it was closed when we were there. That is probably the the part we like best about Desire. I hope they offered you free nights or at least a discount on your next trip. Was anything like this offered or asked for?

Terry
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby davidgdk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:38 pm

We didn't ask for anything while on site. However, I am preparing a letter to the resort. I must say that the hot tub closure was a real dissapointment. After enjoying the hot tub for the first two nights, then to go without for four days was a bummer.

Until any first timers like us actually visit Desire, you won't know how much a part of the culture at Desire the hot tub really is. When it was closed, it was so funny watching couple walking around not knowing what to do in the early evening.

We will return however, as this vacation was probably among one of the best we have ever taken.

Oh, and as far as the beach is concerned, I have seen negative reports on the beach. You know, the sun was bright, the freinds we met outweighed any shortage of beach.

All we can say is, for first timers, you will love this resort and the lifestyle. It really is whatever you want it to be.
davidgdk

Postby miranda » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:22 pm

The hot tub area really is part of the culture and it's too bad they didn't give you any warning that it was going to be closed. One night we were there they had taken all the mattresses off the beds upstairs and didn't replace them til the next day. Needless to say the atmosphere up there that night wasn't what it was the night before. :wink: But we managed without the mattresses somehow.
:lol:

How was the occupancy during the week you were there? I know they want to redo the disco so I'm wondering if they will do the same thing when the occupancy is a little lower.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby davidgdk » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:15 am

They reported the occupancy to be 65 percent during our week which ws January 16 to 23, however, i would have guessed it at 40 to 50 percent.

In fact, we me many couples that were offered upgrades from Temptations as apparently Tamptations was full that week.

So Desire was filling up with Temptations guests.

From what I gathered from anyone I spoke to that was imported from Temptations, Desire is the place to be. Though I haven't been to Temtations, I would say that Desire is hard to beat.
davidgdk

Postby Powderfinger » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Hot tub area looks great.......occupancy is at 100 percent, and supposedly will be for the rest of our week......and its sunny and warm while back home its all of 2....life is good!!!!!
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby oldseadog » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:55 am

While the Hot Tub was being refurbished, I understand that two of the Jacuzzi Suites were opened for everyone to use, but we didn't discover this until the evening of the Thursday. Apparently it was announced over the PA at the pool on Tuesday but if you weren't there at the time there was no other information.
However as has been said the Hot Tub is now in almost new condition.

On another note, last Friday a new and bigger Pool heater was delivered and Mario says that it should be capable of bringing the pool up to Hot Tub temperature if necessary. I guess it will take a few days to change from the old one, though.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Postby miranda » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:42 am

Just curious if they also replaced the mattresses that were on the beds up there? They were in desperate need, that's for sure.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby eddieandjojo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:31 am

Nope, the mattresses were still "saggy"! We doubled up the towels on them and used them just about every afternoon....he-he! After a day of rain last week, all I did was turn over the mattress and it was just fine.

However, we agree that they do need replacing! But in the grand scheme of things, after you realize that you're in a highly sexually charged environment, we didn't think twice about the mattresses.
eddieandjojo

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya