Lifestyle Lounge Takeovers...

For those that have signed a group booking contract with Original Resorts, this is the ONLY place to let us know when your group will be at Desire Riviera Maya

Postby Siren » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:37 pm

PRIMAL wrote:We recently joined the lifestyle lounge website because of our trip to Desire on Dec. 3-10, 2011 & we heard it was a good thing to do because information on the trip would be given. Siren or anybody know where on the site do we go to get that information (theme nights, activities, events, etc)? Even though we already booked our trip, we do not show as "Booked" under the Desire Takeover section of that site, will that be a problem, how can we fix it if so? Thanks!

D&G

Hi PRIMAL, I know it's been over a month since you posted this, but have you had any updates? If not, please let me know here and we'll get some info for you. We are not hosting that particular takeover, so we don't have too much info off the top of our heads.

Best,
Kathleen and Alonzo
Your sexiest curve is your smile. Flaunt it!
DRM- 15 trips and counting!!
Siren
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge

Postby PRIMAL » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi Siren no, no info still so if you have any please send it my way. Much Thanks!!
PRIMAL
Desire Convert

Postby Siren » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:23 am

PRIMAL, I'll be happy to do some checking for you. What is your profile name on LL? Is it PRIMAL?

From what I understand, this is not a complete takeover, as is our March trip, but I bet there's a group specific to it.

Kathleen
Siren
Desire Devotee

Postby asd1 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:00 pm

Not sure why they keep selling it as a takeover when there's virtually no chance it will be. We booked a few nights (Dec 3-6) at Desire on our own before the SDC takeover at Ceiba Del Mar, and not only was there availability, but it was much cheaper as well.

There are so many events going on now, and as a result, the crowds have become spread so thin, it's almost laughable to look at the attendance lists for some of these supposed takeovers. The Dec 3-10 event will be lucky to have more than a dozen LL couples. Obviously this event was scheduled as a takeover originally, but when the numbers weren't there, the rooms were released back into general inventory.
asd1
Desire Convert

Postby Siren » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:05 pm

asd1 wrote:Not sure why they keep selling it as a takeover when there's virtually no chance it will be. We booked a few nights (Dec 3-6) at Desire on our own before the SDC takeover at Ceiba Del Mar, and not only was there availability, but it was much cheaper as well.

There are so many events going on now, and as a result, the crowds have become spread so thin, it's almost laughable to look at the attendance lists for some of these supposed takeovers. The Dec 3-10 event will be lucky to have more than a dozen LL couples. Obviously this event was scheduled as a takeover originally, but when the numbers weren't there, the rooms were released back into general inventory.

It actually wasn't scheduled as a takeover. The only true Desire takeover is the one we host in March. That is a complete resort takeover. If you were able to book it cheaper, good for you! You got a great deal and you should enjoy it. While this isn't a complete t/o, you'll be sure to enjoy some extra perks that wouldn't be there if LL wasn't bringing a group in. I believe you're the couple who mentioned the same thing in the Desire group on LL. The host couple chimed in that LL brings their own brand of special to the resort. While we've never attended a non-takeover, we have a feeling the resort will be hopping that week.

Hope you have a great time!

Kathleen and Alonzo
Siren
Desire Devotee

Postby asd1 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:22 pm

Siren wrote:
asd1 wrote:Not sure why they keep selling it as a takeover when there's virtually no chance it will be. We booked a few nights (Dec 3-6) at Desire on our own before the SDC takeover at Ceiba Del Mar, and not only was there availability, but it was much cheaper as well.

It actually wasn't scheduled as a takeover. The only true Desire takeover is the one we host in March. That is a complete resort takeover. If you were able to book it cheaper, good for you! You got a great deal and you should enjoy it. While this isn't a complete t/o, you'll be sure to enjoy some extra perks that wouldn't be there if LL wasn't bringing a group in. I believe you're the couple who mentioned the same thing in the Desire group on LL. The host couple chimed in that LL brings their own brand of special to the resort. While we've never attended a non-takeover, we have a feeling the resort will be hopping that week.

Hope you have a great time!

Kathleen and Alonzo

Our concern initially was that we were able to book into a "takeover" when originally the week could only be booked through LL. We personally know of at least two couples who were booked inadvertently into takeovers in the past, only to be moved to another resort when they arrived. We simply didn't want this happening to us, and we asked for clarification on the LL group.

If this is not a takeover, then it is still being advertised as such, and has been from the start. And when the question was asked whether it is or isn't a takeover, we received a reply from the host couple as to the definition of a takeover. After being on 8 or 9 of them, we're fairly familiar with what takeovers are, and since they've seen us on several, they would probably know that. And no, normally you can't book lifestyle takeovers on Expedia...lol.

Guess we were just hoping for a straight answer rather than be worried that we would get the boot from the resort the moment we arrived. No one wants to start their vacation that way.
asd1
Desire Convert

Postby Siren » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:23 pm

Again I will say, this week can be booked anywhere. No one is going to expect to book 115 rooms several weeks before Christmas...it just ain't happening.

As to being asked to move to another resort? I would be beyond put out if that happened to us. Again, I can only speak to our own "true takeover" of Desire Cancun. We have had several "stragglers" if you will, folks that overlapped with our group or inadvertently booked way ahead. We would NEVER ask for someone to be moved to a different resort. We'd welcome them as part of our group. After all...we're Swingahs. We have, in point of fact, had that very thing happen. In almost all cases, these people have joined the lounge and become repeat offenders.

Again we say, have a wonderful time. It's Desire!
Siren
Desire Devotee

Previous

Return to Groups at Desire Riviera Maya