tango in Paradise and R I P Group Info Please

For those that have signed a group booking contract with Original Resorts, this is the ONLY place to let us know when your group will be at Desire Riviera Maya

Re: tango in Paradise and R I P Group Info Please

Postby Johnny60 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:42 pm

Tango in Paradise is a group from the Redclouds section of Voyeurweb.. You could always joining for $25 and introduce yourselves.. I am sure it is not intentional but inevitably when you have a group who know each other returning year after year, they will tend to rock their own way.. We try to avoid takeover weeks for exactly the reasons you have articulated...
Johnny60

Postby Johnny60 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:01 am

I wouldn't disagree at all with what you have said.. that clique approach flies in the face of what Desire is all about.. meeting new people with similar, liberal values, in an upscale environment.. look at it this way.. it's their loss!
Johnny60

Postby olderII » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:01 am

Your not paying $25.00 to join Tango's group. The fee is to join Redclouds. Redclouds is a site where you can post and enjoy explicit photography. Also Tango in Paradise is usually about 25 couples,far from a take over. This group is friendly and not all cliquish. Tango's group is open to all while there, weather a member or not. They are a fun time.
olderII
Desire Devotee

Postby mfay » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:42 am

I know nothing at all about Tango in Paradise !
But, after reading this thread to this point I feel the need to stick up for groups in general ! :D
Keep in mind that "most" groups are based on a collaboration between a few couples who are friends or are part of a particular
club or site and a travel agent. The travel agent thinks that there is potential to put together a group and reserves a block of rooms.
Then the agent and the friends or site promote the group. Some groups are based on a particular lifestyle interest, but in reality most
are not. Most are open to anyone- they exist simply to provide a way for the people who sign up to communicate and get to know each
other before the trip. Maybe to share some pictures in a dedicated yahoo site, perhaps set up some special activities and themes, etc.
Sure there are regulars/repeaters in these groups but again, in most, the majority of the couples each trip are new ! Most groups are anything
but "closed"- they are all about welcoming new people. There are some who restrict their special activities to group members- but that is really mainly to protect the travel agent who has a financial risk in sponsoring the group by forcing people to book with that agent to participate.
Outside of those special activities though, the people in these groups are just like anyone else at Desire- they are there to meet people and have fun.
They will have gotten to know their fellow group members before the trip so of course they are going to interact with those people more easily- that is the whole point. But they are usually also totally open to meeting and having fun with everyone else.
So if you are there with a group but not part of it - in most cases- it is really up to you. If you want to make the effort to get know the group people and participate as much as you can- you'll generally be welcomed. But you really can't expect to go in with the attitude that they are going to be "clickish" and then expect them to seek you out and change your mind. Can you ?
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby mfay » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Call B.S. ?- Lol. Ok bird8364, of course I'll have to bow to your judgement about how you interact with groups based on your experiences.
But for all of you other forum readers I stand by every word of my prior post. We have been to Desire 26 times over the past 10 years. 17 of those trips were with
our own group, the others not with a group at all. On many of those trips we have run across other groups at the beginning or end of trips- probably a dozen different groups in all.
Have we run across a couple of groups who were exclusive or obnoxious ? Sure we have. But only a couple. And we have run across various individual guests outside of groups who were
obnoxious too. But in neither case does that describe the majority. Again in "most" cases, if you make the effort group people would love to meet you and include you.
Many of the new members in each of our group trips come from people who happened to run across the group at another time and had so much fun they wanted to join in for a whole week.
So none of the rest of you should be scared off from attending Desire with a group or at the same time as a group. Everybody is different, we all interact socially in different ways. But if you are the type
of person who gets along well generally in a group environment in the rest of your life- chances are you will get along well with groups at Desire too- and possibly find that a group can add a lot to your
Desire experience.
Go in with an open mind, and make your own judgement !
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby olderII » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:04 pm

We will be at Desire on Wed the 19. Hope there's a group or two there, the more the merrier.
olderII
Desire Devotee

Return to Groups at Desire Riviera Maya