Didn't think it could get any better-2nd TR, Aug 2015

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Didn't think it could get any better-2nd TR, Aug 2015

Postby ksr » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:34 am

We were at RM the 19th thru the 22nd of Aug., following a visit to Pearl from June 26th to 30th, (I have a newbie trip report on the Pearl forum). I’ll use this RM trip report to make a few comparisons as well as an activity report. As always, the forum was a great help as we prepared for our second C/O trip and first time to RM.

While I no longer feel like a newbie, I’ll stay with the newbie-never been to a place like this before theme as I think these reports are very helpful when you have no idea what to expect.

Arrived on Wed. the 19th, breezed thru customs and walked straight out to Aventour for our ride to RM. Straight to checking-in with no problems and we were handed off to the “timeshare” folks. As before, (at Pearl) the lady that we met with provided a great deal of good information about the resort, gave us a tour, took us to the restaurant and told us if we wanted to hear the 40% off story, just let her know. Back to the lobby where we were introduced to our butler who took us up to room 1113 which was a middle room, 2nd floor passion suite.

The room at RM, (a passion suite), was smaller than Pearl, (we had a penthouse at Pearl), with a very large shared balcony that was shared with one room on the left and two rooms on the right. You are right on the water, so the view is unreal. At Pearl we had about 6 bottles of alcohol that came with the room and unlimited wine. At RM, one bottle of rum and unlimited wine. And, beer and soda at both resorts. The shared balcony was outstanding. Met several great people on that balcony. We were right next to the pool and just about everything else at both resorts. Really hard to say which room we liked better. At Pearl we had more room and more stuff that came with the room, to include a roof top terrace and pool. However, the shared balcony at RM was great. We’re gym rats, so off to the gym.

The gym. Smaller and older than Pearl, but more than enough equipment for a few days. The Australian couple schooled us on gym time. They were there every day when we arrived and there when we left. Impressive. So, back to the room, shower and pool.

The pool. Smaller than Pearl. More intimate and interactive at RM during our stay. Great volleyball and foam party. Great fun. Lots of drinking, talking, laughing and sun. While sitting by the pool, one of the activities folks hands us a flyer about some Mayan massage class at 4pm. So, keeping in mind that this is only our second trip-still newbies, I’m thinking no way she’s down for this. I hand her the flyer and she says, let’s do it.

The massage classes. Yes, classes are plural. OMG! I commented, in some detail, under a separate thread under Tantric massages. The short story is, they had two massage classes that were free. You go up to the disco, they spread beds out and you are in a massage class. First one was Mayan and the second was Tantric on different days. Unreal, this should be a daily activity. The lights are turned down, music is playing, candles-the whole bit. Everyone is naked and massaging. If you want more detail, please check out the Tantric massage thread. Back to the room for a drink (lesson learned-have a couple of drinks before the massage class), shower and dinner.

Dinning. We’re not big eaters, but the variety, food, options, service and overall dining experience was better at RM for us. We had meals at all the restaurants and enjoyed all of it. Room service a couple of times was outstanding. However, I believe due to language, be clear. I ordered steak fajitas and she order a chicken sandwich. I got chicken fajitas and she got a beef hamburger—lol. About time to go to the lobby area for a show or activity.

The evening lobby activities. First night we went to the lobby early, maybe 9pm. They had people come up in front of the audience and act out. Including me. Everything from dancing to stripping. The remaining nights they had bands and music. For us, about an hour of the lobby activities was enough. The disco, opened at 11pm.

The disco. I remember when we were talking to one of the younger couples, he said, Disco? I don’t know that word, night club maybe, but disco—to funny. The “night club” at RM seemed bigger and newer than Pearl. During our stay, the music was the exact same Latin dance mix every night. I asked the DJ to play some 80’s and offered a tip, which he turned down. He played a few 80’s songs, but strangely imbedded the Latin mix into the 80’s stuff. If there was anything that did not work for us, it was the music. So we kind-of danced thru it and headed to the hot tub/Jacuzzi.

Hot tub. Pearl is a modern Jacuzzi, RM is a large hot tub. RM is smaller and on the second floor of the 10 building with a breathtaking view the ocean. There seemed to be considerably more beds at RM than at Pearl. At RM there is a nice sitting area, bar on both sides of the hot tub and a bit of a bathroom locker-room area. During our stay there was more activity at the hot tub at RM. Around 2am we get hungry. So, at both resorts, we completely blow the diet and head down to the lobby area for pizza around 2am. Getting close to 3am most nights, so off to bed.

Breakfast. Great buffet. We like going to breakfast, opposed to room service, because we enjoy seeing and talking with people that we met the previous day. They cook omelets and have about everything you could ask for.

Daily routine. Gym, pool, massage class, dinner, show, disco, Jacuzzi.

Age. Always seems to be a question. I’m 56, she is 55, that’s us at Pearl in the avatar. Wed thru Friday, I would guess average age was 40 to 45. Sat. the group was much younger. I would say late 20’s to early 30’s. Could have been a group. Like Pearl, age seems to be transparent at these places. We partied with everyone and they partied with us. I would say we were on the older side, but had plenty of company.

Seaweed. Surprisingly there was a break in the mornings. People were going in the water and there was not much visible seaweed. By 12pm or so, it was out of control.

Mosquitos. None.

The vibe. Very similar to Pearl, but not as laid back. I don’t want to say that it’s more of a party atmosphere because that would give the wrong impression. During our two brief stays at both resorts, people at Pearl kept to themselves more. Which is fine. In fact, we both noted that, since Pearl was our first visit to a C/O resort, maybe we were the ones that were a bit standoffish as we learned to navigate a C/O environment. We want to return to Pearl to test our theory. The one exception to the party atmosphere was Saturday night at RM in the disco. Things got a little raunchy. Some people were absolutely hammered, falling down and getting hurt, endlessly spilling drinks on the dance floor. Nothing wrong with that, just not wear we’re at any longer. However, we left the disco that night and went up to the hot tub and met two great couples that we talked with for hours. Unfortunately, we were leaving the next day.

The people. RM gets the nod here. People were great at both places, but the crowd at RM was wonderful. My last day, it took me about a half hour to get to the bar when I first walked out to the pool as I stopped and talked with the many people we had met during our stay. The people at the resorts and the open welcoming atmosphere is not like any other place I have ever been. Not even close.

Newbie stuff. After two visits we’re probably not newbies any longer. However, I’ll give you my newbie perspective after vacationing at both resorts. Also, you can read my Pearl report as I attempted to write for people that have not been to one of these places. On day one at Pearl, I wore shorts because I just wasn’t ready to walk around naked. Now, I try to never wear cloths unless I have to. She still wears bottoms a good bit of the time and is comfortable that way. There are many women that wear bottoms and a few that wear tops. In fact, one of the first things we noted at RM was that more people had cloths on. As a couple, one of our main goals when we decided to go to Pearl and RM was to be together whenever we wanted, wherever we wanted. So, within the constraints of the resort, we do that now—and it’s great. Additionally, it’s all about the people. There is some naked/intimate dynamic that seems to bring/allow everyone to be close and friendly.

Next trip? Oct. 6th for 5 nights. But the big question was, which place do we go back to, Pearl or RM? Bigger rooms vs. smaller rooms. Bigger Jacuzzi vs. smaller hot tub. Less restaurant choices vs. more dinning choices. Smaller disco with better music or larger disco with different music. Massage classes or no massage classes. It took a long time to decide. As I said, we really wanted to go back to Pearl now that we were more familiar with the C/O atmosphere. I think it was like 49% vs. 51%. But in the end, those massage classes tipped the scale to RM. Hope they still have them!
kik: KeithandJill
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Hidden Beach experiment
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 27 Aug 2021

Re: Didn't think it could get any better-2nd TR, Aug 2015

Postby shore128 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:49 am

Thanks for a great trip report, really enjoyed reading it! We've been to both and share many of your perspectives. We're partial to RM and can't wait for our next trip the last week in October.
shore128
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby ksr » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:24 pm

Thank you. We tried to make the last week with Halloween work, but just couldn't make it fit. Hope you have a great time!
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

Postby cs70065 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:53 pm

Thanks for the report. I enjoy reading these reports that are geared for the first timer and what to expect. It will be our first C/O trip ever for us. We are both excited and nervous at the same time. I am sure (hoping) that after day 1, all that nervousness will go away just like everyone says happens. She is a bit more nervous then I am. I am more excited I am sure, lol ! We both just cant wait to get away.
Desire RM - November 2015
Desire Pearl - April 2017
Desire ?? - November 2018

SLS, KIK & Kasidie - CS70065
cs70065
Desire Fan

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Postby ksr » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:31 am

Thank you. You'll have a blast. The first trip is exciting, as you adapt and test your limits. She was nervous also-- however it turns out that she is the one that keeps taking us to the next level. 2 more days to go!
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya