Desire RM Sept 27th-Oct 4th, 2015 Trip Report...

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Re: Desire RM Sept 27th-Oct 4th, 2015 Trip Report...

Postby CaptainR » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:11 pm

Justskin wrote:Yes, most of us leave the country, but many of us do so with the full intent of eventually returning to the resort, and we may also encourage others to join us in the future as well.
There is a lot at stake here....reputation is a big deal for a resort which caters to such a particular clientele.

We'll be talking to the general manager this week; as we said, we know him well. We love the place, but this needs to be fixed.

Hello JustSkin,
I was just wondering if you talk to the general manager about this situation? The subject popped into my head again while I was reading the Tipping thread and seeing how many people are very generous to the staff, and rightfully so. But it seems to me that I myself may have really tightened up the tipping purse strings after we discovered the safe problem. without really thinking about it or realizing it. I know that 99.9% of the staff are great people deserving of the tips and our thanks, but it just puts a person in a bad frame of mind when something like that happens. We have been to lots of Caribbean islands and resorts and hotels and never had this problem before. We will defenitly take more precautions the next time we go.
:shock:
CaptainR
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Postby Whoneedssunscreencpl » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:08 pm

Our last trip to Desire RM, I had about half my jewelry stolen. Whoever took it took just enough out of my closed jewelry bag so that when I picked it up to pack it, it didn't seem especially light. I didn't suspect anything was off until I opened it later at home. Luckily it was mostly just costume stuff and some sterling silver, but I still feel hurt. We tipped everyone well! Didn't figure it out 'til we landed back in the U.S. so I can't be sure it didn't get stolen at the airport or something so I didn't bother to contact management. Looking back I'm pretty sure it was taken from the room, though. Not stopping us from going back but this time ONLY bringing super cheap jewelry.
Whoneedssunscreencpl
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Jan 2022

Postby bmerryman » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:39 am

I'm wondering if we should take most of our cash in travelers checks and cash one or two a day only. That way the cash amount in the safe would be minimal. Travelers checks can be replaced if stolen.
Desire RM 01/03/16
Desire RM 04/12/17
Desire RM 06/05/18
Desire RM 11/09/19
bmerryman
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Nov 2019

Postby beagirl » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:35 pm

This is a big deal and maybe should be posted again in a general forum? I'd like to know if there are similar reports from Pearl.
beagirl
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Jul 2015

Postby sandybeachkim » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:39 am

Of all the good things we have heard about Desire, this is a worrisome part ... Security at lodging facilities is essential, especially one such as desire with no place to carry your wallet or purse when stripping down and having fun.

Hotel management should be doing their best to address and at all times, reports of thefts should be reported. We like the idea of the Milockie as this would be good even when our business travel takes to unfamiliar territory.

Given all we have heard about tipping for good service and the levels suggested make it sick to hear that there is some inside theft going on or theft advanced within the complex by others.

The heads up by the posters on this subject have been very valued.
sandybeachkim
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 10 Dec 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie, SLS

Postby Justskin » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:40 am

It's been awhile since we've been on the forum...

We'll be there again next month. Looking so forward!.....obviously our (this) 2015 TR touched on the stuff taken from our room safe.
We love to tip the wonderful staff--they work so hard, but won't bring excess cash next month if it will just be stolen. Are there any updates or personal experiences on this situation anyone could share?
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Justskin » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:17 pm

SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Previous

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya