Our 2nd Visit, August 10-14, 2019

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Our 2nd Visit, August 10-14, 2019

Postby SashaandDavid » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:24 pm

Hello all. We just returned from our 2nd visit to DRM...first trip completed in March 2019. I think we booked this about a week after we got back. Kinda liked it :-)

So this trip we opted for the standard room (vs. superior garden view last time). Gotta say, this room was so much better! We had room 2113 and it was great. Plenty of room and a great layout. Right near the gym (and steam room!!) and we could see the water easily looking to our left from the balcony. We wouldn't hesitate to ask for this room again.

So as a quick background, we're swingers...she's early 40's and I'm late 40's. We can do full swap or soft, and in fact, did both this trip. We are one of those pesky (see other thread) folks that wear bottoms, just as a personal preference. We saw some ladies in full bikinis and we saw guys in board shorts...and of course, everything up to full nudity. All works for us and didn't affect us talking to or enjoying our time one way or the other. As we like to say...'you do you' and enjoy.

Rather than give a blow by blow (ha, lifestyle humor), I'll list our thoughts and opinions on things from this most excellent trip. In no particular order:

1. USA Transfer is awesome, and it's much more reassuring kind of knowing the lay of the land at the airport. So many vultures there to reel you in- we walked out and found our sign guy and right to the SUV for a quick trip to the resort.
2. Customs took about 1 minute. We arrived at 1:30 on Saturday and had one person in front of us. Most folks went to first check-in area...two others further down wide open.
3. We didn't join the DRM resort last time, so we got the high pressure pitch at check-in from Fernanda. Really pushed us to take the visit so we know people and who to call, blah blah blah. We aren't interested and never will be. Those that do, awesome- you're not wrong. Just our choice not to. We mentioned it's my birthday trip so she poured it on extra strong- when we finally made it crystal clear we weren't interested, our 'best friend' shut down and dismissed us immediately to go to the bar and wait to see if our room was ready (it was about 3 by this point, and it was ready). We know they have to push for the sale, but it's a weird flex to start the trip. All good though.
4. Immediately met folks from our area and hung out with them every night. Was great to know of common friends and really nice to hit it off.
5. Service here is spectacular. All the bartenders were back and remembered us. Luis, Jonathan, Jorge and Alenandro stand out, as well as CC in her tiki hut. In the restaurants, the Sushi place has our favorite waiter (Jumul or something like that...argh....I'm terrible). Anyway, he seats us and brought our the Mrs. favorite drink from March (espresso martini), without asking...did the same for me (not the same drink as the Mrs.). How do they do this? Incredible.
6. Playmakers miss DD and Anna. Yuni is so fun and just gorgeous. The guys are fine, but Yuni is the star. And holy hell...neon night she had a thong on and neon handprints on her butt she kept shaking. I'm old enough to be her dad, but we were both like 'oh my' at that outfit. Great gal who can get a party going.
7. It was Sexy, Young and Wild month...wish I had researched this a little more. I'd call it "Selfies, Vaping, and Ducklips' month, but that's just an old guy typing. Again, 'you do you', but we saw a LOT of pictures being taken poolside, in the disco, etc. and that's just not cool. One young girl just couldn't stop looking at her phone and snapping selfies. You literally are surrounding by beautiful naked people and you can't get your head out of a phone?? I love my phone, but it never left the room and rarely did I check it (part of the big appeal going to Desire, frankly, is unplugging for a few days). And these kids vape and smoke everywhere. We aren't likely to come back in August again (too dang hot), but if we were, we'd avoid it just because of the SYW thing. And just to clarify, no one was rude (other than the pics, IMO) and no one bothered anyone, just not our demographic, nor are we theirs. We'll go more when it's "Still kinda got it, not old, but not a spring chicken and can live it up after 10pm a few nights a year' month. (Seriously, put down the phone- you're missing a great time worrying about Instagram likes).
8. The Jacuzzi was insane a few nights. Literally 15+ couples going at it in the jacuzzi or on the beds. Was great to see (and be part of). Lots and lots of action.
9. Witnessed something really bad (in all seriousness). Came down to the pool to hang w friends while she slept. Buddy was talking with a brand new couple (specifically the gal of the couple). Intro'd me, found out it was my bday and offered up her drink off her boobs...of course I said yes, as did buddy. Her hubby encouraged a 2nd drink...again we accepted. Gal mentioned they were at Temptations for a few days prior and that they are lifestyle folks, as a background. So after our boob shots, we kinda just turn to talk to others as new couple (who literally don't even have a room yet) go to other side of the pool and they start talking / arguing about something. It got heated quickly. Next thing I know, the husband (a large man), grabs his wife, turns her around by the neck and pulls her back, under water. She comes up, turns around and slaps him twice, knocking his hat and glasses off. I'm stunned and yelled for him to stop. She walks toward front of pool. clearly upset and he stays in like nothing happens. I'm the only one that saw this in our group so I told them...guy comes over and starts making moves on some of the gals...we told him he needs to get lost...he meandered up toward the volleyball net and hung for a bit...didn't see them the rest of the night, Truly bizarre how you can go from full on party to that in a matter of 10 minutes. Lucky they didn't get kicked out. Felt really bad for the lady...
10. Water was like bath water in the ocean and the pool. August in Mexico. Not complaining, just sharing.
11. We opted to try the essential oil 50 minute massage. It was $220 for the two of us and it was the BEST massage we've both ever had. So good, we did it again a few days later and it was just as good. It's a lot for a massage, but so very worth it.
12. Compared to March, this crowd was more late arriving at the pool and much more conservative with nudity (again, both of us wear small bottoms, so no judgments). But, seemed to be a lot more play time at night.
13. Value here is amazing. Let's say it's $550 a night. Go to a 4.5 to 5 star place in Vegas. You're paying $400 out of the gate for the room. Go to a pool for 3 hours and get as much as you can to drink...that alone will be $150 to $200. Eat lunch ($50), a nice dinner ($200)...you get the point. The food is good, not amazing. We very much like it. Zero complaints. Drinks are solid and name brand. Service impeccable. And food is plentiful and always available. BLT's at night are amazing. Simple bread, ton of bacon, mayo...delish.
14. We have fun together no matter what we do. The crowd around you at Desire does play a part in the fun. Both trips were great, but different. Very hard to explain to those that haven't been. We can literally chat with folks all day and then play later that night, or we can meet you for 10 minutes and be naked and inter-twined. Love the variety, but that does depend on the crowd around you.
15. Spent two days at the pool and did two days in a beach bed. Both awesome, both different. Played at night in a beach bed with another couple. Lots of sand. Not sure we'd go that route again. But was a good time!
16. Neon night was our fav theme night. Most folks really got into the disco and the music was consistently good all night. Ended up on the beach bed, so maybe that played a part in our decision to deem Neon night the best.

We'll be back again...likely in March of 2020. Until then 'you do you'!!
Lifestyle couple for 7 years.
RM- 3/2019
RM- 8/2019
SashaandDavid
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Aug 2019

Re: Our 2nd Visit, August 10-14, 2019

Postby dormchambers » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:56 am

Great trip report. Thanks for taking the time to write and sharing.
D&M Arkansas
dormchambers

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 17 Apr 2018

Postby MTcrazy-couple » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:26 pm

Great Trip report! Thanks for taking the time to give all a taste of the fun!
R&K
First Trip to Desire RM Oct 28-Nov 2

kik MTcrazy_couple
MTcrazy-couple

We arrive on: 26 Oct 2019

Postby Funcouple2011 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:06 pm

Great trip report.
sls-Bluewater2011
Funcouple2011
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 09 Apr 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby Siren » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:26 pm

Loved your observations. Seriously bummed about DD and Mariana not being there any longer. Anna too??
Desire is Disneyland for adults, for sure.
Your sexiest curve is your smile. Flaunt it!
DRM- 15 trips and counting!!
Siren
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 01 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge

Postby Firsttimecouple » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:51 am

Thank you for that trip report. We have booked that exact week for our 2nd visit in
2020 so interesting to see how it was for you guys.
Firsttimecouple

We are from: Ireland
We arrive on: 01 Jul 2019

Postby shore128 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Thanks for the trip report - really enjoyed reading it. What week were you there this past March? We were at RM the week of March 23 - 30. Thought it was one of our best weeks there, and we've been going regularly since 2007.
shore128
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby SashaandDavid » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:19 pm

We were there March 8-13 last trip.
Lifestyle couple for 7 years.
RM- 3/2019
RM- 8/2019