Trip Report - First Time to Desire 8/24-8/29, 2019

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Trip Report - First Time to Desire 8/24-8/29, 2019

Postby coloradopeaches » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:57 pm

Us: 28 year old female (writing report), 31 year old male. Married for 5 years, together for 10. We had been to nudist resorts before and dabbled in soft play in the lifestyle but this was our first trip to an actual lifestyle resort. We both had open minds going into the trip and a few fantasies but no set plans. I had read a lot on the forums before I booked the trip and lightly participated in one of the chat groups.

Getting There: We took a direct flight. Immigration was about an hour wait in Cancun. We used USA Transfers and were incredibly pleased with the service. Don't miss the crocodiles that frequently sit by the bridge on your way into the resort!

Checking-In: As noted by many, the check-in process is smooth and easy. Their membership lunch sales pitch is quick, we declined and they were never pushy. I loved the atmosphere of the lobby and the level of service from the get go. We arrived in the afternoon so our room was ready to go. My husband joked when we arrived that tequila sounded good. Before we were even done checking in, they had brought us shots of tequila from the lobby bar.

Room: We had room 1401 which was a superior garden room and we LOVED the location. We could open our blinds and see straight out on the ocean. It was centrally located - a super short walk to the pool and restaurants, beach, Jacuzzi and lobby. For some people, the noise might be an issue but it never bothered us. During the day, you could sometimes pick up the bass from the pool music. At night, you could faintly hear the lobby bar music and shows. Again, it wasn't so loud that we found it disruptive or annoying. We also visited another couple's room that was a regular garden view. It was very quiet at that end and their bathroom was twice the size of ours. If you need lots of counter space, I would go for one of those. However, we loved our room and the romantic vibe with the columns and net. It also turned out to be ideal for the photo shoot (more on that later).

Night 1 - Saturday: It was Pirates Night for Sexy, Young and Wild Month. The entertainment was amazing and so much fun! We started the evening with drinking palomas, going to the Jacuzzi, some public playtime and then went to get ready for Pirates Night. The set-up and entertainment for the event was impressive fantastic. We met our favorite bartender that first night, Julian. He is wonderful! We danced our butts off at the disco and had a lovely time. When we left the disco, we dropped by the lobby bar and got some tacos to take to the room for dinner. They were delicious!

Day 1 & Night 2 - Sunday: The next day, we got up pretty early and went and reserved a beach bed. Again, the level of service and attention to detail from the staff is amazing. We spent the morning floating in the ocean and then snagged breakfast at Arrecife. We adored the breakfast buffet. They have all the standard American fare plus an amazing buffet of assorted foods and made-to-order eggs and waffles. Some of my favorites included the black beans, the burritos, any of the potatoes, the salsa bar (especially the habanero salsa), the waffles (topped with condensed milk and a little syrup) and the green juice. We spent the morning alternating hanging between the beach and pool. We played beach volleyball which was a blast as well. For lunch, we loved Tentazione. The buffet everyday had various options but we also loved the grill and pizza options. A few stand-outs were their croquettes (of any kind), chicken wings, the exotic erotic burger, the french fries (x10!), the margarita pizza, the quesadilla jumbo (like a burrito quesadilla!) and the daily ice cream. Seriously, don't miss the french fries and ice cream. It seemed like they frequently had a fresh-cooked/live-action grill station option on the patio that was delicious. However, this was only open for a pretty short window during lunch. We also squeezed in a quick nap that day. In the afternoon, we went up to the Jacuzzi and met so many great people. We wound up drinkings lots of various, delicious shots. Luis and Julian were fabulous bartenders. We found some lovely people to play with and wound up spending the whole night at the Jacuzzi. We got back to the room and ordered room service. It was the best chicken quesadilla ever.

Day 2 & Night 3 - Monday: We had a fairly similar routine in the morning as the day before but spent more time at the pool. We LOVED playing pool volleyball. The playmakers did an amazing job at making it fun (including spankings if someone spiked the ball). Yuni, Pao, Kevin and Ralph were all outstanding. We skipped a nap on this day to get ready for the photoshoot. Dani was absolutely amazing. We wanted a more explicit photoshoot than the standard and he did a wonderful job working with us. We didn't feel pressure to buy any pictures or packages but loved the final products so much that we wound up with 35. The solo pictures of my husband are also some of my favorites. Dani does a great job directing you with poses and faces so that you wind up with truly sensual photos. We took a nap and then wound up going to play with some friends we met. All I can say is: what a memorable, amazing evening. After we got done playing, we went back to our room, got room service (which was again delicious) and passed out.

Day 3 & Night 4 - Tuesday: We spent our morning in the same manner as usual but back out on the beach. It was a pretty low-key day spent reading and relaxing. We picked up our photos from Dani that afternoon and were in-awe of the final product. We wound up in the jacuzzi in the afternoon/evening and spending the evening drinking and talking to great people. Julian was our bartender again and made so many delicious shots. Make sure to try a mini beer and cheesecake shot. After drinking, we went to Suki for dinner with no reservation. The appetizers were absolutely phenomenal. The tuna tataki and spring rolls were epic. The entrees were okay although the kung pao beef was much better than the pad thai. After dinner, we went back to our room and spent some lovely time together just the two of us.

Day 4 & Night 5 - Wednesday: I had a hangover this day but I also knew it was our last full day. We spent the morning on our beach bed and chatting with another couple (who we met in the Jacuzzi the night before) which was lovely. I had a great hungover breakfast at the buffet and then took a huge nap. In the afternoon, we went back to the beach and put on goggles and got to see so much sea life. Then, we did an early dinner at Suki. We loved our appetizers again but found the entrees lacking. So, we went next door to Arrecife for the buffet and loved it. The grilled-to-order steaks were perfect and the desserts hit the spot. After dinner, we ran into two wonderful housekeepers on staff - Lupita and Soccoro. They came into our room and made art on our bed using a stencil, rice and rocks. It was sooo cool! That theme night was the "Let It Glow" night and we knew we wanted to participate. I rallied through my hangover and we got ready. We brought UV glow body crayons and had a blast decorating each other. We spent some time in the lobby where people were exchanging glow supplies (glow sticks, body paint, body glitter) and enjoyed the DJ. It was incredibly hot out so we moved into the disco pretty early. We met an amazing Australian couple that night who were so funny and interesting! We also danced for about 2 hours that night and had so much fun. The DJ is super impressive at the pool and the disco and does a great job reading the crowd. You can also request songs. We wound up tuckering out about 12:30 a.m. and went to sleep.

Day 5 - We spent the early morning at the beach and floating in the ocean. As it came time to pack up and check out, we snagged breakfast and got ready to leave before spending our final hours at the pool. We ran into the Australian couple again and had a wonderful morning chatting with them. We had a quick lunch before our USA transfer van picked us up and then it was quick and easy smooth sailing the rest of the way home.

Tips/Other Notes:
-Bring a floatie or raft for the ocean.
-There is a tequileria in the departures side of the Cancun airport and they will give you free samples of most of their products.
-Bring an insulated tumbler for your drinks.
-There is a store on-site. While it is over-priced, it has all sort of sundry needs as well as costumes, toys and other adult gear. The USD exchange rate in the store is lower than the rest of the resort so purchase your items in pesos as a room charge. When you check out and pay for the room charge, you get a better exchange rate to USD.
-The seaweed barrier must be doing its job. We never saw the before but we thought the beach was absolutely beautiful and did not have a stinky seaweed issue at all.
-Speaking of seaweed, bring goggles or go snorkeling. There are so many sea creatures in the patches of seaweed in the ocean. We even saw a lesser electric sting-ray!
-Use bug spray for dusk and dawn at the beach and Jacuzzi or you will get bites.
-Everyone is so nice. We met some really wonderful, interesting people and loved the sense of community at the resort.
-Body insecurities are not needed at this resort! We saw everything from stick-thin to very voluptuous plus-size, all-natural to plastic surgery scars, totally waxed and bushy, tattoos and piercing or not, hair colors and skin colors of all sorts, scars and stretch marks, freckles and acne. Every body was beautiful! To me, it is all about the person's attitude and everyone there was so kind. There was no judgement of any sort that I ever felt.
coloradopeaches
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 24 Aug 2019

Re: Trip Report - First Time to Desire 8/24-8/29, 2019

Postby SashaandDavid » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:52 pm

Very nice report. Glad you guys had a blast and glad you took the time for a thoughtful report.
Lifestyle couple for 7 years.
RM- 3/2019
RM- 8/2019
SashaandDavid
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 10 Aug 2019

Postby werfun » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:45 pm

We are so happy to hear that you had such a great trip with lots of fun with the couples that go to a Desire Resort. We are sure that you are planning a return trip to Desire soon maybe a 7 day trip this time.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby Siren » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:08 pm

GREAT trip report! We also love room 1401!
Your sexiest curve is your smile. Flaunt it!
DRM- 15 trips and counting!!
Siren
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 01 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya