Newbie Report Feb 10-17 2020

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Newbie Report Feb 10-17 2020

Postby jandminak » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:22 pm

Hello there :D

I'm M (the hubs) and with me is J - we are a mid 30's couple, LS friendly (but still virgins lol) and welcome to our trip report on our 1st ever visit to DRM! This was a huge deal for us; it was our first vacation (for just us) in six years, and our first ever stay at a clothing optional resort, not to mention all the LS stuff that we figured out along the way. Now, I'm the "researcher" of the pair, so I had a little idea of what we were in store for - which J and I talked about to death during the six month build up to our trip - but nothing could prepare us (or YOU for that matter) for what we saw and experienced at DRM. If you're still on the fence about going, worried about your body image or dealing with the LS folk, please, PLEASE, stop reading this right now and just book your trip. You have NOTHING to worry about, and EVERYTHING to gain by going! Seriously. Stop reading. Book it. Right now.

Still here? Okay.

Where to begin? Well, we live in Alaska - so our travel time sucked. Getting through immigration was a bit of a pain because we didn't fill out the form correctly - make sure you fill out the top and bottom. Once we got through that and got our bags, and got our ride, the panic really kicked in for us. We didn't know what we had got ourselves into! Before we knew it we were crossing the bridge into the resort, were greeted by name with champagne and towels, and walked into the beautiful AC of RM's lobby. The staff treated us like royalty, but bombarded us with info that our jet-lagged minds just couldn't process. We had our first major "freak-out" moment right there in the lobby - as buck-naked folk walked by on the way to the pool or beach or wherever. J practically had an anxiety attack right then and there. I was freaked out too, but managed to keep my shit together for her sake. We somehow made it to the room to freshen up from the endless plane rides and collected ourselves. The room was amazing. The bed! OMG. I don't know what type of bed that is, but holy shit it was amazing! The view from our balcony was great, everything was great.

So we got some food and started drinking, keeping to ourselves but everyone still smiled at us and said hello which was really...odd, but nice - we've never been anywhere else where perfect strangers take the time to do that. It helped us relax and feel welcome. It was also contagious! Before we knew it we were smiling and saying Hi to everyone too! Before long though we started to crash - we had been up and going for well over 24 hours at that point - and we ended up headed back to the room around 10:30, just as that nights show was starting. We wanted to see what was happening but we just couldn't function. Bummer.

Our first full day started at sunrise. I woke up before J and ran to the beach. We are both native Floridians, and seeing that beach for the first time that day made me realize how much I had missed it. It's so beautiful - I can almost feel it still :D. So, I woke J up and we went and had breakfast at the buffet. The staff were awesome, and J loved the ceiling and chandelier in there. We made the mistake of drinking waaay to early that day, all day, and paid for it dearly the next day. We met some truly wonderful people and started to open up as we conversed and learned different folks perspectives about everything going on around us. We hung out at the beach and the bar and watched the show that night - still adjusting, but had some amazing conversations and had a wonderful time.

Our second day we found the first couple we really identified with - S and W. These guys were so awesome - they drug us up to the disco and showed us around - and really gave us a peek into how the LS works for them. We learned so much from them - especially J, who had no interest in dancing whatsoever until she got up on that dance floor with me and started throwing her booty around! It was amazing watching her open up and drop her inhibitions - I loved it. WE loved it. If you're reading this, S and W, you guys changed our lives. Thank you. We also tried the pool out that day, and I'm pretty sure J worked up the courage to drop her top at the beach - but honestly it all blurs into one. The point is, my friends, that this place, this environment, will change you. It certainly changed us :).

We learned pretty early on that not bringing anything for the theme nights was a mistake. They are so much fun! Seriously, I'm not one to dress up in silly outfits, but I am now. Next time we will definitely be prepared - there were some really nice outfits in the shop but just too expensive for our budget. J did buy some really nice pants in there, a white one and a black one, that we both really enjoyed her wearing. Especially in the disco ;).

Without turning this into a novel, we have a few parting words for you, if you're like me, a "researcher" into this madness. This trip was utterly amazing - period, no question. It's also what YOU make it, the mindset that YOU bring into it. Be open and honest with yourselves and each other. Be vulnerable and uncomfortable - that's how you grow as a couple and individuals! Simply going to a place like this proves your bravery, give yourselves a pat on the back for doing that! Try something different every day - the food, talking to people, trying different spots out! The people you will meet, the stories you will hear, the sights and sounds and feelings, ALL of it - its simply amazing.

Shout out to the balcony crew of 2312 - you guys were awesome! This was the best vacation - and we can't wait until we can get back and do it all over again.
jandminak

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Feb 2020

Re: Newbie Report Feb 10-17 2020

Postby Yeipi » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:52 pm

Great report! Just one question: Did you like it? :lol:

Desire is paradise! Welcome to the jungle! :L
Yeipi
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya