Desire RM June 2020 Trip Report

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Desire RM June 2020 Trip Report

Postby Frisky Whiskey » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:27 am

Hello,

First time and fresh yellow wristbanded visitor to Desire RM. My wife and I were at RM for 9 days beginning on Friday June 5. We are not LS but have been to a few nude resorts but were looking for more fun this time around. We arrived just in time for the tropical storm that rolled up the gulf last week...when we got to the resort around 12:30 they’d been without power since 9am and we did not have power or water until late afternoon. Wind gusts were approaching 50mph, the works. Fortunately the forecast turned by Saturday and we had great weather for the duration.

We were concerned about the lack of a crowd and that certainly panned out...the first few days there were perhaps 15-20 couples, and it actually declined mid last week a fair amount before picking back up a bit this past weekend. Due to the small crowd they were only running one restaurant each night, and menus were clearly limited. What was served was (in both our opinions) mostly good, some much better than good, and some just odd. It’s a resort though and not what we came for.

Staff reviews we’ve read are spot on. They really are great and worked incredibly hard not only reopening days before but also having to clean up after a hard storm that really made a mess. The seaweed barrier surrounding the beach was almost completely detached and a HELL of a lot of seaweed washed ashore that first night. It took them several days to clear about 80% of it from around the beach beds. Africa is so fantastic...she took great care of us by the pool. Ditto for Daniel and Max. Yes, they’re all wearing masks and it’s completely ridiculous and everyone knows it. I’ll leave it at that.

With the low crowd size we had no problem with lounge chairs or beds. Daniel set us up every day in the same bed and chairs by the pool. Same for the beach beds. We’d actually rotate from beach to pool and vice versa and leave towels in both places...several couples did. Out on the beach beds I don’t think any more than 5-6 were ever in use at the same time. Boy did they get used though. On our last day she was giving me a birthday-worthy BJ on the beach bed; after a bit I glanced down the beach and three other couples were getting down at the same time. If sex isn’t allowed on the beach beds you’d never know it, because staff either walk on by or leave you to your bidness. Sublime.

I suppose I’ve rambled long enough. Yes, we were disappointed in the crowd size, but very understanding of what was going on. Hell, we walked at least a mile up the beach and literally could not find one other resort open. Not one. But we still had a blast, definitely injected some MUCH needed oomph into busy lives dealing with the societal insanity consuming the US. I told her when we were leaving I was totally fucked out, like eyeballs flashing “TILT” drained. What’s not to like?

I’ll close with this...book your trips. Enjoy life while you can. We’re already trying to plan a short stint over Labor Day weekend and really hope there’s more people to meet and hang out with by then. GO!

Thanks for reading.

Frisky
Frisky Whiskey

We are from: USA

Re: Any June Trip reports?

Postby eddieandjojo » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:00 am

Good for you guys and thanks for posting!
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Re: Desire RM June 2020 Trip Report

Postby TandD » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:52 am

Thanks for posting. I'm curious about your travel to and from. What was it like? Did the airline or immigration assess your health in any way either coming into Mexico or returning to the US?

Did you stand in line with hundreds (thousands?) of others in Immigration?

Thanks
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Frisky Whiskey » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:45 pm

TandD wrote:Thanks for posting. I'm curious about your travel to and from. What was it like? Did the airline or immigration assess your health in any way either coming into Mexico or returning to the US?

Did you stand in line with hundreds (thousands?) of others in Immigration?

Thanks

Good evening TandD:

We flew out of Charlotte as Delta cancelled our flight from Atlanta a week before the trip. Saying airport traffic was light is an understatement. Our flight MIGHT have been 10% full and customs/immigration in both directions was a breeze. I believe I read air travel in April/May was down over 80%, and that appears to still be the case. We walked through a temperature scanning area in the Cancun airport but didn’t need to break stride. There’s no line of any kind. Some or most airlines are requiring masks in the gate areas and on board. It’s completely stupid to see play out.

I believe from wheels down to arriving at the resort took less than 40 minutes.

-Frisky
Frisky Whiskey

Postby Vixen and Him » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:04 pm

Thanks for the report.
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Jan 2024

Postby red88vette » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:36 pm

thanks for the report and update!!
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Postby chrisgorrod » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:30 pm

Thanks for posting we so need a trip :CAN :UK
KIK: candjfuncouple Kasidie: Keepitfun
chrisgorrod
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 29 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: kasidie

Postby lynxxx2004 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:56 pm

Thank you very much
Kik: lynxxx2004
lynxxx2004
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 19 Jul 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby maxpower » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:29 pm

Thanks for the trip report. We've been holding off due to limited crowd size and hotel limits in Cancun. We miss it though. :(
maxpower
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 28 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Postby MachineWorks » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:47 pm

Thanks for the report. We're heading down in August and hope the crowd picks up a little. Glad to hear the travel wasn't a hinderance.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Aug 2020

Postby Lynnpatrick » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:27 pm

Good review, sorry about the weather and crowd.
Lynnpatrick

We arrive on: 14 Sep 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya