DRM: 7/8/20-7/15/20 & Covid-19

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Re: DRM: 7/8/20-7/15/20 & Covid-19

Postby hoppercf » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:33 am

Frankly you’re an asshole. Much like many of the others here who judge people.

Here’s the deal. We went at the end of June, came back with COVID. We were responsible, wore masks in the transfer, in the airport, on the plane and OMG even had a plan beforehand to self quarantine for 14 days after our trip just in case we got it. We did get it, life goes on, and we didn’t give it to anyone. We have hefty delivery bills for food to show lol.

So what did we do to help those who catered to us? Tipped ~$600. What are you doing for them sitting in your house scared of the boogyman?

We go back Sept 4-7. We have already had it, not going to get it again. We are the safe ones, and we will support Shorty, and CC and all of our friends at DRM.

THIS!

Keep in mind that misery loves company. Many of those who are choosing to shelter in place demand that others do the same. We witness the disdain towards those who even choose to dine out or grab a drink at a (socially distanced) bar. If everyone kowtowed to les miserables the hospitality industry will be nonexistent by the end of 2020. My guess is those that choose to work understand the risks and most certainly appreciate the patronage. I know we do.
hoppercf
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Jun 2024

Postby CStath » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:32 am

R&M wrote:
StephenD wrote:Sorry can't sit on the side line on this one don't want to anger anyone but..... So your willing to take a personal risk? What about everyone else that have to cater to you? USA transfer, airport personnel, air flight home, home airport, taxi or friends that picked you up, kids or relatives? then the trip to the doctor's 2 to 3 days later to confirm if you had it.... but before you went to the doctors I would bet that you went grocery shopping and done other errands.... Yes you took a risk or should i say YOU help infect others unwillingly for your few days of vacation time.

But thank god your ok..... I mean screw the others right? cause it was your right to go and have fun!

"So your willing to take a personal risk?"- Obviously the people that traveled are willing to take that risk as is everyone who leaves their house on a daily basis.

"What about everyone else that have to cater to you?" Obviously they are willing to take that risk or they would've opted to stay home and not work. I'll be sure to ask everyone if they would rather us and all the other tourists stay home so they would be out of jobs or if they would rather take the risk. Most people need to work to be able to pay a mortgage, rent, utilities, groceries, etc. Not everyone has the luxury of working from home.

If everyone stayed away from the Cancun until a vaccine is widely available to everyone then guess what...there likely wouldn't be a Desire to go back to. Would it be ideal if everyone could stay inside and never leave their house until a vaccine is available? Yes...but not going to happen. Businesses need income to survive.

Oh and another thing...we still go out in public on a limited basis and choose not to live our lives in complete fear. We also always wear masks and social distance as much as possible.

So I guess I look at it the complete opposite...not screw others...we are helping others stay employed and be able to provide for their families. Everyone in your scenarios is accepting risk. If you choose not to...so be it.

The self-righteousness of some people just blows my mind.

The comments of others cover this well. It is a known risk by those traveling and those there. We just completed our trip returning on Monday. We were tested the day before leaving, both with negative results. We tested again upon getting home and both tested positive. One of us has been utterly asymptomatic and the the other has had what would be described as a bad cold. Upon contacting others that we saw there to notify of our test results and to tell them to isolate, we learned that they had already heard from other couples similiarly testing positive. I was surprised that there was so much foreknowledge of recent guest infections. I didn't check this forum (my fault) ahead of traveling, but as I wrote above, we knew there were risks. My guesss (not a professional) is that the virus is pretty wide-spread there. Like others mentioned, we wore masks the entire transit process (airport, airplane, ground transportation to and from). In fact, we found that the people in CUN to be quite mask observant. Once one gets into the resort, the guests make their own choices. We saw guests who wore masks throughout, but most did not. The staff uniformly all wore masks during our visit; we never saw a staff member with a mask off. I share the point of view that the staff were exceptionally grateful that we were there, providing tips and supporting their livelihood. When asked, all were knowledgeable about the risks, but had a desire (pun intended) to be there with us all.
SLS = CandBmountainloving
SDC & Kasidie = CBmountainloving
CStath
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC Kasidie

Postby Vixen and Him » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:33 am

Get well soon.
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2024

Postby curious_96 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:42 am

Are you saying or implying that you think you got the virus from the staff as opposed to from other people visiting and interacting with (in any sort of way, sexual or otherwise) other couples? We are headed down to RM on Saturday, August 6th, and obviously have concerns.
curious_96

We arrive on: 08 Aug 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sls

Postby CStath » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:34 pm

curious_96 wrote:Are you saying or implying that you think you got the virus from the staff as opposed to from other people visiting and interacting with (in any sort of way, sexual or otherwise) other couples? We are headed down to RM on Saturday, August 6th, and obviously have concerns.

While I can’t know for sure, I would be very surprised if we got it from staff. They have masks on the entire time.
SLS = CandBmountainloving
SDC & Kasidie = CBmountainloving
CStath
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC Kasidie

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:58 pm

Given the temporal nature of the virus (asymptomatic incubation period, for example) along with the degree to which it is contagious, especially considering the usual social interactions and the constant turnover, it wouldn't surprise me at all that at any given time for the foreseeable future there could always be at least one couple that will be covid positive at the resort. If this is true that would mean that Desire could actually be one of the most risky places you could voluntary walk into right now. It may be that the staff are actually the safer ones here.

I'm not saying anyone should or should not go, that is each person's individual choice but it seems like a fair take given the data being reported in the last month since they opened back up.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Spongeworthy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:42 am

Desire is a reflection of society. IF everyone would mask up per recommendations, THEN we could minimize economic pain and carry on with modified-normal activities. I wouldn't go into the disco, but I bet that management could come up with a way to move the party outside. There's room to social distance at the hot tub & pool, just mask up when <6 ft. As far as intimate activities go, I'm here to tell you that the HJ has been heretofore seriously underrated, and can be enjoyed while masked!

My previous experiences at Desire were that people were (almost) always gracious and considerate toward others. Hopefully, this will eventually translate into a willingness to de-polarize a safe & effective public health precaution.
Spongeworthy
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 10 Dec 2019

Postby Vixen and Him » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:02 am

Explorer79 wrote:Given the temporal nature of the virus (asymptomatic incubation period, for example) along with the degree to which it is contagious, especially considering the usual social interactions and the constant turnover, it wouldn't surprise me at all that at any given time for the foreseeable future there could always be at least one couple that will be covid positive at the resort. If this is true that would mean that Desire could actually be one of the most risky places you could voluntary walk into right now. It may be that the staff are actually the safer ones here.

I'm not saying anyone should or should not go, that is each person's individual choice but it seems like a fair take given the data being reported in the last month since they opened back up.

Well said.
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar

Postby twonewbs » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:47 pm

toledocpl wrote:
Explorer79 wrote:Given the temporal nature of the virus (asymptomatic incubation period, for example) along with the degree to which it is contagious, especially considering the usual social interactions and the constant turnover, it wouldn't surprise me at all that at any given time for the foreseeable future there could always be at least one couple that will be covid positive at the resort. If this is true that would mean that Desire could actually be one of the most risky places you could voluntary walk into right now. It may be that the staff are actually the safer ones here.

Well said.

Is it just me or it seems that many folks that go to Desire these days come back sick. What’s the deal here, is this really true or some are trying to spread false information on these forums as well?

Yes, the virus is real but how do we know how accurate are those tests? What happened to all the other diseases, they’ve just disappeared? There are so many types of respiratory diseases out there but everybody is just talking about COVID-19, nothing else matters anymore, heart attacks are all gone, no more flu these days, covid is the new fashion.

Believe what you want guys, but I have friends who work in the medical field and they’re saying that there are patients who are not even tested and they are diagnosed as covid19 positive and also others with negative results or other respiratory diseases and they’re also classified as covid. So are those numbers real??
Here is another fact: Couple of months ago I used to drive by a major hospital every single day and there were dozens of ambulances just parked there, waiting for business but no one seemed to need them anymore, like never before. Why? Take a guess, I don’t wanna speculate here, just stating the facts.

This is community of open minded people. Let’s open our eyes folks and don’t believe everything that’s thrown at us without filtering the information.
twonewbs
Desire Fan

Postby Gunnert » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:57 am

We're amazed at all the bitching and complaining WRT to those that returned from Desire sick. You knew the precautions to take to observe social distancing, made a choice not to observe them, and now you're complaining? Suggest you quit your whining and look into a mirror for the one at fault... Oh yea, as long as the resort is open and the planes are flying we'll be there in October!
Gunnert
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 01 Jun 2021

Postby Orcowgirl » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:01 pm

twonewbs wrote:
toledocpl wrote:

Well said.

Is it just me or it seems that many folks that go to Desire these days come back sick. What’s the deal here, is this really true or some are trying to spread false information on these forums as well?

Yes, the virus is real but how do we know how accurate are those tests? What happened to all the other diseases, they’ve just disappeared? There are so many types of respiratory diseases out there but everybody is just talking about COVID-19, nothing else matters anymore, heart attacks are all gone, no more flu these days, covid is the new fashion.

Believe what you want guys, but I have friends who work in the medical field and they’re saying that there are patients who are not even tested and they are diagnosed as covid19 positive and also others with negative results or other respiratory diseases and they’re also classified as covid. So are those numbers real??
Here is another fact: Couple of months ago I used to drive by a major hospital every single day and there were dozens of ambulances just parked there, waiting for business but no one seemed to need them anymore, like never before. Why? Take a guess, I don’t wanna speculate here, just stating the facts.

This is community of open minded people. Let’s open our eyes folks and don’t believe everything that’s thrown at us without filtering the information.

One of us is in medicine (including brothers, uncle, father) your comment is correct in our point of view. People are coded as positive if they have symptoms, files are left as is, even when testing negative. Hospital parking lots are empty. If “one” tests everyday results will be different everyday...most in our community, including family, had these symptoms in December. and January. We are choosing to go ahead with life and continue to support the Desire staff.
Since 2017
Pearl 25+
RM 7+
Grande Michas 2
KIK Orranchcouple
Orcowgirl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Apr 2024

Postby twonewbs » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:31 pm

Orcowgirl wrote:
One of us is in medicine (including brothers, uncle, father) your comment is correct in our point of view. People are coded as positive if they have symptoms, files are left as is, even when testing negative. Hospital parking lots are empty. If “one” tests everyday results will be different everyday...most in our community, including family, had these symptoms in December. and January. We are choosing to go ahead with life and continue to support the Desire staff.

:L :L Good for you!
twonewbs
Desire Fan

Postby jds » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:39 pm

Please stay for and never go to Desire or anywhere else that's fun if you're that scared.
Now if you're staying home because you're already that unhealthy that's different.
Then you shouldn't go to Desire anyway because we don't need unhealthy people there to begin with.
I've had Covid and I know a dozen others who've had it and none of them would change anything they did that may have caused them to get it.
WHY? because it wasn't that big a deal!!! Sure some people get very sick and maybe even die, but that happens from the everyday flu. When .0005% of the population die then it's not that big a deal.
Hey, it's weeding out more stupid people than smart ones so there is a good side to it.
KIK: jes1forfun
SDC: jande204
jds
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Feb 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: kasidie

Postby jds » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:47 pm

One more fact...if one person in a family is tested positive then they count the entire family as positive. False number reporting
One more fact... the nose test is at best 90% accurate. My doctor told me yesterday that coworkers can be tested positive 2 weeks ago and no longer have any symptoms and be cleared to return to work, but still test positive for several more weeks even though they don't have it.
This is all about control of the people when and where they want it. Example: Portland is in their 68 days of riots with 3-5,000 people not practicing any guidelines and the Mayor and Governor do nothing about it, but let a barbershop allow a walk in customer and they get a $5,000 fine the first time and lose their license the second time. That's called selective enforcement. Shut down the businesses but fund the rioters.
KIK: jes1forfun
SDC: jande204
jds
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Feb 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: kasidie

Postby Vixen and Him » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:04 pm

jds wrote:One more fact...if one person in a family is tested positive then they count the entire family as positive. False number reporting
One more fact... the nose test is at best 90% accurate. My doctor told me yesterday that coworkers can be tested positive 2 weeks ago and no longer have any symptoms and be cleared to return to work, but still test positive for several more weeks even though they don't have it.
This is all about control of the people when and where they want it. Example: Portland is in their 68 days of riots with 3-5,000 people not practicing any guidelines and the Mayor and Governor do nothing about it, but let a barbershop allow a walk in customer and they get a $5,000 fine the first time and lose their license the second time. That's called selective enforcement. Shut down the businesses but fund the rioters.

Thank for gracing us with your scientific theories and conspiracy theories.
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya