DRM: 7/8/20-7/15/20 & Covid-19

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Re: DRM: 7/8/20-7/15/20 & Covid-19

Postby Orcowgirl » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:01 pm

jds wrote:One more fact...if one person in a family is tested positive then they count the entire family as positive. False number reporting
One more fact... the nose test is at best 90% accurate. My doctor told me yesterday that coworkers can be tested positive 2 weeks ago and no longer have any symptoms and be cleared to return to work, but still test positive for several more weeks even though they don't have it.
This is all about control of the people when and where they want it. Example: Portland is in their 68 days of riots with 3-5,000 people not practicing any guidelines and the Mayor and Governor do nothing about it, but let a barbershop allow a walk in customer and they get a $5,000 fine the first time and lose their license the second time. That's called selective enforcement. Shut down the businesses but fund the rioters.

This is correct!!! And the “nose test” is being “reported” to us as 87% accurate, so not accurate by testing standards.....

Also, one particular man in town, tested four times in order to be cleared to go back to work. Each test (4) was counted as 4 separate cases, not one case. So how is that correct reporting?

And when our family had it in December and January symptoms were mild. Our boys continued to work (construction) along with the rest of the large, Amazon construction crews.
Since 2017
Pearl 25+
RM 7+
Grande Michas 2
KIK Orranchcouple
Orcowgirl
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 11 Apr 2024

Postby Burtitus » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:32 am

Good conversation. I believe that COVID-19 is NOT dangerous. At least not as dangerous as cancer, or heart attack, or any other real killer diseases. What is really dangerous is common belief that COVID-19 is dangerous. This belief is causing lot of damage and destruction just like any other fanatic movement.

Maybe we should throw away all these masks, stop distancing from each other, get together, and fight for basic human rights which appear to be forgotten: "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness". This quote is from the United States Declaration of Independence. The phrase gives three examples of the "unalienable rights" which the Declaration says have been given to all humans by their creator, and which governments are created to protect.
Burtitus
Desire Convert

Postby CokeMann » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:05 am

Burtitus wrote:Good conversation. I believe that COVID-19 is NOT dangerous.

Just for perspective, currently the daily US daily COVID-19 death count is equivalent to 3 fully loaded 747 aircraft crashing each and every day with all lives lost.

Would you not conclude that the 747 is dangerous and something should be done about it to stop the deaths ??
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby jds » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:06 am

FYI they are facts actually quoted from the Hospital I went to last Wednesday and from our local newspaper.
No theories, those just start arguments.
KIK: jes1forfun
SDC: jande204
jds
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Feb 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: kasidie

Postby Burtitus » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:14 am

CokeMann wrote:Would you not conclude that the 747 is dangerous and something should be done about it to stop the deaths ??

Thank you for bringing this up. Sure, I cannot agree with you more. This is exactly my point: something should be done about it to stop the deaths, because what has being done so far keeps proving to be ineffective. Why every day so many people keep dying from COVID-19, while wearing masks and practicing social distancing is so popular? However, in your metaphor I wouldn't conclude that 747 is dangerous, because just pilots flying them might turn out to be dangerous.

During the COVID-19 season I've been already 3 times through flue-like symptoms and now I'm recovering from fourth one. It appeared that I was infected by COVID-19, but I didn't take any COVID-19 tests, because they have too many false positives and too many false negatives. First infection I got in early spring, while nobody was wearing masks, because CDC wasn't recommending them as being ineffective. All three other times happened while everybody (including me) was wearing mask and exercising social distancing. And after going through all these cases I still didn't die (as you see), despite of being classified into group of people at high risk of dying from COVID-19, due to my advanced age. Why I didn't die? Because my general health is good. Most people who are dying have their underlying medical conditions. And BTW none of these infections I've got at Desire, because I didn't go there for long time. I'm missing it.

Many people developed false impression that masks and social distancing can prevent them from getting sick. They can't. All viruses including COVID-19 are part of nature surrounding us, just like insects or trees. They were around way before humans showed up on mother earth and they always will be there in different forms and mutations. You cannot survive by isolating yourself from nature. You can survive by adopting to always evolving nature and by living in harmony with it: eat healthy food, exercise regularly, go out, and have as much sex as you can.

I believe that what does't kill you, makes you stronger. I need to keep my immune system aware of all new mutations of viruses. It is my only defense and it works for me, but it might not work for everybody, because everybody is different.
Burtitus
Desire Convert

Postby CASHMAN » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:55 pm

As Forest Gump stated: " Stupid is as Stupid does". Some people will never get it!
CASHMAN
Desire Fan

Postby mcrt408 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:56 am

What was the question again? :lol:
mcrt408
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Jun 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Spongeworthy » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:18 pm

Burtitus wrote:Good conversation. I believe that COVID-19 is NOT dangerous. At least not as dangerous as cancer, or heart attack, or any other real killer diseases. What is really dangerous is common belief that COVID-19 is dangerous. This belief is causing lot of damage and destruction just like any other fanatic movement.

Maybe we should throw away all these masks, stop distancing from each other, get together, and fight for basic human rights which appear to be forgotten: "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness". This quote is from the United States Declaration of Independence. The phrase gives three examples of the "unalienable rights" which the Declaration says have been given to all humans by their creator, and which governments are created to protect.

Covid-19 has a fatality rate of about 1%, much less than many other medical conditions. So if you are concerned only for yourself, it is not all that dangerous. But it is also extremely transmissible, much more so than influenza. So millions of cases x a 1% fatality rate rate, do the math, many would consider that dangerous. With basic human rights come basic human responsibilities.
Spongeworthy
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 10 Dec 2019

Postby KnMnakey » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:14 pm

CASHMAN wrote:As Forest Gump stated: " Stupid is as Stupid does". Some people will never get it!

And some people never get that there are always two sides of the story! :mrgreen: :roll:
KnMnakey
Desire Fan

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Postby Justskin » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:00 pm

CokeMann wrote:

Just for perspective, currently the daily US daily COVID-19 death count is equivalent to 3 fully loaded 747 aircraft crashing each and every day with all lives lost.

Would you not conclude that the 747 is dangerous and something should be done about it to stop the deaths ??

Respectfully, out of 350 million (1/3rd of a billion) Americans how many 747's are (and were, pre-covid) 'crashing and burning' every day due to pneumonia and flu?
Wife and I have taken this all very seriously and continue to, but your analogy offers shock value of a crashing jetliner, not the reality of that which is normal.

And I REPEAT, we've done our diligence with Covid -19.
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby racingsplit » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:24 am

Justskin wrote:
CokeMann wrote:

Respectfully, out of 350 million (1/3rd of a billion) Americans how many 747's are (and were, pre-covid) 'crashing and burning' every day due to pneumonia and flu?
Wife and I have taken this all very seriously and continue to, but your analogy offers shock value of a crashing jetliner, not the reality of that which is normal.

The CDC estimates between 12,000-61,000 US flu deaths/year have occurred during the last 10 flu seasons. (https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html)

The US experienced its first 100 COVID-19 deaths on Mar. 17, 2020. Currently, the US is up to 173,000 deaths in the 5 month period since the first 100 deaths. (https://coronavirus.jhu.edu)

Extrapolate that rate to a one year basis, and COVID-19 would have 415,000 US deaths in one year. At least in the US, the evidence shows that COVID-19 will likely result in 10 times the number of average seasonal flu deaths (415,000/36,500 = 11). It would be very difficult to argue that COVID-19 is no more deadly than the flu.
racingsplit
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 26 Jun 2018

Postby ILikefun » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:18 am

racingsplit wrote:
The CDC estimates between 12,000-61,000 US flu deaths/year have occurred during the last 10 flu seasons. (https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html)

The US experienced its first 100 COVID-19 deaths on Mar. 17, 2020. Currently, the US is up to 173,000 deaths in the 5 month period since the first 100 deaths. (https://coronavirus.jhu.edu)

Extrapolate that rate to a one year basis, and COVID-19 would have 415,000 US deaths in one year. At least in the US, the evidence shows that COVID-19 will likely result in 10 times the number of average seasonal flu deaths (415,000/36,500 = 11). It would be very difficult to argue that COVID-19 is no more deadly than the flu.

I think all of this logic is very valid, the question we won’t be able to answer is how many deaths would result from the seasonal flu without a vaccine? That is what we are facing with COVID.
SDC: BootyandtheBeard
Kasidie: Bootyandthabeard
ILikefun
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 18 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby racingsplit » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:09 am

ILikefun wrote:
racingsplit wrote:

I think all of this logic is very valid, the question we won’t be able to answer is how many deaths would result from the seasonal flu without a vaccine? That is what we are facing with COVID.

Yes, your point is well taken. An effective and widely accepted COVID-19 vaccine has the potential to change the landscape.

My comments are mainly for the current, pre-vaccine period.
racingsplit
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 26 Jun 2018

Postby WellyFla2020 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:28 pm

racingsplit wrote:
Justskin wrote:
CokeMann wrote:Just for perspective, currently the daily US daily COVID-19 death count is equivalent to 3 fully loaded 747 aircraft crashing each and every day with all lives lost.

Except that your numbers are generalized and come with no cohorts and age breakdowns. So the scare here is, everyone is susceptible. And frankly that’s not true.
https://www.franklintempleton.com/inves ... ience.html
Six months into this pandemic, Americans still dramatically misunderstand the risk of dying from COVID-19:

On average, Americans believe that people aged 55 and older account for just over half of total COVID-19 deaths; the actual figure is 92%.

Americans believe that people aged 44 and younger account for about 30% of total deaths; the actual figure is 2.7%.

Americans overestimate the risk of death from COVID-19 for people aged 24 and younger
by a factor of 50; and they think the risk for people aged 65 and older is half of what it actually is (40% vs 80%).

Covid Virus deaths are discriminatory to the older age bracket with CoMorbidities.

It’s not about just taking it seriously, its about understanding what it is. It’s not Ebola. It’s not Marburg. Were it so, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. And regarding the 747’s crashing, were they all being driven by 80 yr olds with CHF and COPD? That’s the only valid analogy using 747’s crashing into the ground.
Desire Pearl Sept 9-13, 20; June 16-20, '21
Florida Nude Beach: Blind Creek (Stuart)
SDC: BICPLFLA2014
WellyFla2020
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 09 Sep 2020

Postby jds » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:35 pm

Thanks for the Chart. I'd heard some of those numbers but not the entire list. It shows that schools should open and most of the media should generally be fired.
I still say if you're that worried then stay home. We don't need you dampening the vibe.
KIK: jes1forfun
SDC: jande204
jds
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Feb 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: kasidie

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya