Trip Report Early August 2020 Covid update

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Trip Report Early August 2020 Covid update

Postby swgap » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:44 pm

Here is the rundown on our trip. I’ll try to stick to what is different since there are many reviews with the usual information. We’ve been 10+ times over the years. I was grateful for any new information on this site before we left so I felt I should do a trip report for other future travelers.

Crowds—40-50 couples middle of the week, 60-70 over weekend, back to maybe 35 to 40 Sunday thru Tuesday. These are estimates. Most at pool, very few on beach these days.

Crowd demographic: A little younger than normal. One of the few times we felt we were definitely in the upper range in age there, and we are 50. Seemed like a lot of people from closer areas like Texas and Florida. Some political talk, but not too bad. People appeared to quickly realize that most did not want to talk about it and dropped it, so that was nice.

Spacing—Easy if you want to. Majority of the crowd did not seem to worry about it. We were outside most of the time. Suki and Disco were probably the places we could have done better.

Playing/interacting: Did not see much of this at all. Does not mean it wasn’t happening somewhere, but we did not see any of it, although we were not out very late most nights. We did not physically interact or kiss anyone.

Atmosphere: Not quite the same, but fun, especially when there were more people there over the weekend. Generally 2 restaurants open each night. Shows seemed scaled back but still good. Bands were good. Poolside games and shows were less interactive, but that was to be expected.

Staff: Staff was great. Grounds were spotless. Maybe needed more bartenders at the pool. The swim-up bar was unmanned most of the time but they may be cutting back on staff or it was safety related.

Covid??--We are both Covid positive. Tests confirmed a couple days after we got back. I was tested twice. Mrs became sick after we got back. Her symptoms were not severe, but she felt like she had the flu with a mild fever. I was tired for a day but did not have any other symptoms. I would guess we got it mid trip, but really no way to know when or how. We have a few more days of isolation left. We feel lucky that it was not severe and we were able to get home before symptoms appeared. Also lucky in that the Mrs showed some symptoms, otherwise I would have inadvertently spread it all over our small town since I was asymptomatic.

Hopefully we'll be still be immune when we go back next winter.
nazcpl on kas
swgap
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 22 Sep 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Re: Trip Report Early August 2020 Covid update

Postby JandH » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:17 pm

Thanks for the report. Hope your wife is all better now.
JandH
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya