January 2021 trip Part 2 RM

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

January 2021 trip Part 2 RM

Postby edunlla » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:04 pm

I posted part 1 of our trip report under the Pearl trip reports. We transferred from Desire Pearl on Jan.28 to our home for the next week at Desire RM. The USA transfers driver was right on schedule and very friendly as usual. Upon arrival it was the usual routine. Our butler (Candido) moved our bags to a room while we had the check-in work to do with Axel. Bruno was also a big help. We had been tipped off that today was also Bruno's birthday so he was appreciative of the fuss we made over his big day.

The villa rooms were filled so we spent our first 4 days in a garden view room. Nothing spectacular about them but we really are not all about the rooms. We got naked and headed for the pool and our favorite pool guy (Danny) got us a bed immediately. We enjoyed the pool throughout the whole trip. The swimup bartenders were even more attentive than I remember from our first 5 trips. We enjoyed the foam party one day but all the other days we played volleyball or got involved in water yoga. One day, one of my favorite female friends was decorated on the bar with whip cream and chocolate. Damn she tasted good. We also spent more than our share of time walking in the pool for exercise and that gave us a chance to introduce ourselves to others as we went by. The people were so receptive. Our problem was trying to keep moving instead of ending up leaning on the edge of the pool to visit with another naked couple. When that happens suddenly you have a drink in your hand and time gets away from you. Before you know it the time has come to move the party up to the rooftop hottub. Stories flow freely and new friends are made. This trip we did not put on an exhibition on any of the canopy beds beside the hot tub. I am not sure why the mood never really led us to do that. A few others took over that duty for us.

Following our hot tub time we would get dressed for dinner and head for the restaurant, so we could get back to the room to dress for the theme nights and enjoy the show. Midway through our trip the occupancy of the resort dwindled so there was only 1 restaurant open nightly but they accommodated us just fine. The shows were awesome but the weather was not very cooperative. Two nights it rained and a couple other nights it felt like we were back in ND. We honestly needed a coat.
For our final 3 nights at RM, we got moved into a villa. We took full advantage of that atmosphere. The rooms are wonderful and having a swim up infinity pool along with a personal hot tub provided the perfect setting for us to invite handfuls of couples to join us for a meet and greet happy hour. It was a big hit.

There were no down sides to this trip other than a couple nights of inclimate weather. The attitudes of the staff was awesome. We were only sorry we ran out of tip money before we ran out of our favorite people. We will correct that on our next trip.

We did have one large concern to contend with. That was the issue of getting a covid test so we could board the plane back to the US. We kept seeing our other couples all test negative but we weren't sure if we wanted to take a chance on a test. Some told us that being we had recovered from covid within the last 90 days we could potentially test positive and that would mean a 14 day quarantine. We loved our 14 day stay but it was time to go home and back to our alternative boring life. So we made sure we had the documentation from our State Health Dept. showing date of infection and our quarantine period. We had a certification of recovery. We presented this at the Delta ticket counter but the names on our documents weren't an exact match to our passports so that caused a long delay. I never knew how important that other N in my name could be. BUT we got through finally and the rest of the path to the boarding gate went swiftly. Another thing that concerned me was there were only 15 people on our airplane heading back and I had to wonder how long Delta was going to be able to justify flying with so few passengers on board, I would hate to be on a time crunch and then have a flight canceled. Hopefully life and travel will be more back to normal by the time our next trip is planned.

Many thanks to Desire and all the people of the staff and the wonderful other vacationers that always make our trip so special
edunlla
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: AFF SLS ALT

Re: January 2021 trip Part 2 RM

Postby werfun » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:35 pm

Thank you for your trip report to both DRM&DRP. It's great to read reports on couples that have made a very recent trip to the Desire Resorts and how things are going for return trip back to our normal every day lives.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby chrisgorrod » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:31 pm

Thanks for your report we are stuck in canada :CAN so no travel for us at the moment
KIK: candjfuncouple Kasidie: Keepitfun
chrisgorrod
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: kasidie

Postby edunlla » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:00 pm

chrisgorrod wrote:Thanks for your report we are stuck in canada :CAN so no travel for us at the moment

We feel bad for our neighbors to the north. We did run into 2 couples from Canada on our trip and I could tell how it weighed on their minds of how to get back into Canada following their trips.
That is another reason for us posting our trip report. At least some readers can live vicariously through our experience.
edunlla
Desire Lover

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: AFF SLS ALT

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya