Trip Report April 11-16 ''What the Heck Just Happened?''

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Trip Report April 11-16 ''What the Heck Just Happened?''

Postby it's all good! » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:11 pm

O.k., here we go.

Wake up on a Friday morning and check out the prices on flights to Cancun. Just my luck, they have the craziest seat sale that I have ever seen...for the next day! So, I check the Desire website, and dammit, they have availability! So, what the heck do I do now? :roll: We've had a Desire hangover since we came back in January and couldn't wait to go back. Next thing I know, I am running around buying groceries for the kids, paying bills, getting passports, and my wife needs to find someone on a Friday night to do her nails. Craziness!

We hop on a plane THE NEXT DAY and get into Cancun on Saturday afternoon. We decide to surprise some friends who are staying in Cancun and stay the Saturday night in the Hyatt which is the hotel beside them (nice hotel, but the atrium is so big you can hear every door in the hotel open and close all night). After shocking the heck out of them, we met for drinks that night. One piece of advice. Do not, I repeat, do not find yourself swimming with your buddy BUCK NAKED at midnight in a hotel other than Desire. You see, the security at that hotel doesn't like it, and when they tell you they are calling the Policia and you can't get your shorts back on because they are your friends shorts that are 2 sizes too small...Not good! Thankfully, 100 pesos later, and with shorts on, our wives managed to get us back to our rooms (standing ovations by the people at the bar and restaurant not withstanding). :oops:

Next morning, feeling as crappy as I've felt in more than 26 years, off we go to Desire.

We arrive, and I promptly tell Luis when he picks up our luggage to point me to the direction of the alligators, as I would like to jump in the water with them so they could cure my pain. Luis reminds me that I am at Desire with my gorgeous wife and I really don't want to do that. He's right! Check in went great as we were there just 3 months ago and thankfully were spared "the pitch". Our room wasn't ready so off we went to the beach beds to say Hi to the ocean and Africa. We were only planning to tan for an hour and then our room would be ready. Of course the sun tan lotion was in our suitcases but how bad can you burn in only an hour as we "have a good base". The only thing I can say is that the top of your penis NEVER has a good base :shock: and the cardinal rule of never burning your important parts was broken in the first hour! :cry: AFRICA, I NEED MORE ICE! That night was spent lying on a bed in the lobby area, my head feeling like I had been run over by a freight train, and a burnt penis head to boot. Can I tell you how happy my wife was. Actually, she was a trooper and showed my more sympathy that I deserved. By the next morning I was back and the Desire feeling was alive and well. :D

We went for a great breakfast and Matilda who works morning after morning behind the grill remembered us and made my favorite omelet. The restaurant staff offers fantastic service and we met nice people right off the bat, which really is what Desire is all about. The weather was great and the pool area and beach beds were packed. We managed a great beach bed 3 down from the bar and the day was on. There seemed to be more people walking the beach from other resorts and I am sure some are just out for a walk, others however, are out for a look. So there is only one thing to do! Get up from your lounge chair, stand right beside them, and ask for the time. The reactions are priceless, and all of our fellow Desire couples laughed as walking down the beach with these visitors made them even more uncomfortable. :oops: My goal was 10 a day. Listen, if your coming by for a thrill to look at "the nudists", get a real life! :roll:

Later that day it was off to the hot tub which was great as it was closed for most of our last visit. It was hopping at 4:00 in the afternoon and once again we met great people. As a matter of fact, there was one gentleman who had read my earlier "cancer survivor" trip report and told me how it affected him. To my friend H. from Virginia, thank you for that, it meant a lot to me. I hope we can spend more time with you in the future. My wife and I enjoyed the bed's by the hot tub late at night as there is nothing like that breeze while you are in your wife's arms.

The new Disco is great but there is a couple of open seams in the dance floor where the woman's pointy heels would get stuck. The poles are missed and a couple of people fell from the raised dance floor, so those might be some things to be addressed. The music was all over the map as we heard songs that we haven't heard since Gerald Ford was in office. Overall, however, it is a great improvement and a lot of fun! We didn't get a chance to use the playroom but the consensus was that it might be a little too bright. :idea: I think there has to be a balance of mood lighting and voyeurism lighting to please everyone.

The food was fantastic and the service at this resort still amazes me. It is by far the most friendly staff we have ever seen. They go out of their way at all times, with a smile on their face and a genuine concern, to treat you as if you were with family. We wish we could wrap them up and hug them, and take them home with us. They are the best :!:

We met some fantastic people this trip that provided us with a great deal of laughs and fun. It is unbelievable the quality of people that go to this resort. Everyone is out to have a great time, whether it is just to relax, party, make love to your spouse, or experience something new. Desire is unique in that it provides that opportunity to everyone. Sure there are some people who don't understand all the rules, (taking pictures in the disco of some women without their permission). But at Desire you can approach those people and explain to them that what they did was wrong and to please, "delete the bloody picture!" :?

We had rain for our last 2 afternoons and thanks to T and M, we have never enjoyed rain so much.

I have rambled on enough, and not even mentioned the body shots at the hot tub, the broken arm, black eye, or sprained ankles that we saw from people just having fun. But, that's a story for another day.

As life for me continues to present it's challenges, I once again thank all that were there from April 11th to the 16th for allowing my scarred up abdomen to be accepted. No one seemed to notice, (however, having my stunningly beautiful blond wife in a white cowboy hat beside me probably took there attention away). I sincerely hope to meet many of you if we are lucky enough to get back there again, and we plan on it.

So remember, "It's all good, we'll see you all again up in the hot tub"! :lol:

Don.
it's all good!
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 08 Jan 2017

Re: Trip Report April 11-16 ''What the Heck Just Happened?'

Postby Powderfinger » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:51 pm

it's all good! wrote:
I have rambled on enough, and not even mentioned the body shots at the hot tub, the broken arm, black eye, or sprained ankles that we saw from people just having fun. But, that's a story for another day.

LOL, just another high-energy, full-contact time at Desire, eh?

Great report, thanks for taking the time to post it!
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby tropez » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 am

Thanks for the report!
tropez
Desire Fan

Postby it's all good! » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:07 pm

It's Done! Jan. 13th to Jan.22nd!

Can't wait to get back, hopefully with no surprises between now and then.

"it's all good, we'll see you up in the hot tub!"
it's all good!
Desire Devotee

Postby Sharon and David » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:20 pm

Damn we love this place. We are going to be there in October. Would so much like to meet you people . Maybe next time? It is allways wonderful to have a next date to be in paradice
Sharon and David
Desire Superstar

Postby it's all good! » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:48 am

Dare I say it. After a tough recovery from surgery, I'm still around and starting to feel better. The tinglings of getting back to this resort are alive and well. Perhaps the 13th of January is still on! :D My wife's white cowboy hat has never fit her better! :wink:

Remember, "it's all good, we'll see you in the hot tub!'
Don
it's all good!
Desire Devotee

Postby Sharon and David » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:23 pm

So happy All is good! Just got back the 13th. It is so amazing how Desire seems to make all the great things better and the pains in the ass's a lot more tolerable. Hope to have our trip report done in a few days!
Sharon and David
Desire Superstar

Postby miranda » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:36 pm

Sharon and David wrote:So happy All is good! Just got back the 13th. It is so amazing how Desire seems to make all the great things better and the pains in the ass's a lot more tolerable. Hope to have our trip report done in a few days!

Welcome back! We look forward to your review and you are so right! It IS amazing how Desire seems to make all the great things better!
miranda
Desire Legend

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya