trip report

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

trip report

Postby kurtandKir » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi everyone. Kurt and Kirstin here. We arrived on Saturday and it’s Wednesday now. Here are a few interesting things for you to know about.
First, it’s raining like crazy out there right now. Luckily, the afternoon rains have finished up around five o’clock but tonight the rain came back. So far, we have had a great time with nice sunny weather until late afternoon. The rain has driven up the humidity a bit.
I’m a Premier member and just got back from the meet and greet they hold each week. Today, due to the rain, it was in the new disco. I learned a few things so here you go…
You will see other posts where people have noted that the dance floor is a bit small and that the play room is too bright. (took us two days to find the play room… when you enter and approach the bar, head back to the left rather than the right..you will find it). Well, they were working on the lighting to bring down the intensity and, believe it or not, they replaced the dance floor today with a much larger circular dance floor. Should be fun tonight as it is Eyes Wide Shut event tonight. The outside stairs are replaced and lighted to help navigation after a few too many.
The gym is going through a remodel and the equipment was moved to the tennis courts under a tent. Hot as hell trying to pound out a few miles on one broken treadmill. But, as of today, they completed the gym floor in the spa and have all brand new equipment. Very nice. Tomorrow should be a bit cooler for working out.
The food at the Il Piacere is much better. They changed the menu for the better. You will like it. Don’t miss Mexican Night on Wednesday. Many people blow it off thinking it’s TexMex. No, it’s all interior food and the taco’s are outstanding! Lunch at the pool has some great smoked or roasted ‘thing’ each day. One day a huge turkey, another is fresh fish on a platter and another day is pork. They set this all out after 12 o’clock so be patient, It is worth it. Breakfast continues to be excellent with super great omelets (made with chorizo if you wish). Pizza still continues to be the worse pizza ever invented unless you are smashed… I have had a bunch since getting here…
Had some challenges with the water in the shower going hot/cold/hot in cycles but appears they have fixed all of that. Otherwise, no problems and we got the room we requested when we reserved our space last December.
Everyone continues to be nice. Met all those who I emailed earlier and it really broke the ice for getting to know everyone.
The biggest challenge has been getting onto the forum. Signing in works and then when trying to post, get an invalid session error or it goes back to the sign in menu. Otherwise, internet is working fine…just the forum is having trouble.
That should do it for now. I’ll post a bit more later. Having a great time. As always, sleep seems to be one thing in short supply.
kurtandKir
Desire Convert

Postby lynn2007 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:02 pm

Thanks so much for the post update.
lynn2007
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Jul 2016

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:11 pm

Sounds like a great time so far. I think Desire's pizza is awesome....where else can you have someone make you your own pizza @ 3am sfter an awesome night in the disco/playroom/jacuzzi.......I am usually so buzzed i don't even taste yet...lol
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby tropez » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:29 pm

Thank you for the report!
tropez
Desire Fan

Thanks for taking the time :)

Postby landedesire » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:05 pm

I also think the pizza is awesome!!! Can't wait to get back to paradise :)
landedesire
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Sounds great!

Postby landedesire » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:53 pm

That all sounds great, especially considering it is around 40 degrees here in MA after teasing us for weeks with warm weather AND we just had to move our trip forward 2 months! It really sounds like Desire is updating and upgrading to continue to take care of those of us who think Desire is the BEST! Even though, I have to admit, neither one of us will probably not see the inside of the fitness center, lol!! But, we will see and use the upgraded jacuzzi, disco, and pool!
landedesire
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya