29 & 30yo, First timers RM 8/6-8/13, 2021

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

29 & 30yo, First timers RM 8/6-8/13, 2021

Postby genethoi » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:41 pm

We had this trip booked since November 2019, rescheduling twice, giving time for both of us to be vaccinated. It allowed us to browse the forum, read reviews, and look at pictures of the resort over and over again. It was building pure anticipation. We were completely new to this; rather experienced with each other, but never outside of the bedroom. We are non-lifestyle, but we thoroughly enjoy being nude and the act of sex itself so we couldn't have been more excited. A week before our flight in, it really hit us that it was actually happening. After being "taken away" from us two times, it was finally our turn to go. And boy, did I become nervous. What exactly did I sign up for? An all inclusive vacation paid in full 2 years prior where we're going to be around other couples having sex openly? Oh my anxiety! How do I tell my husband that I simply could not go?

I didn't. This whole time it had been communicated that we were going for each other. If we were to become overwhelmed at any moment, we could retreat to the room. "As long as you are with me, I am good" kind of communication. I was going to give it a shot.

The flight in was painful. Both planes we needed to take were delayed at the gate so we unfortunately touched down in Cancun about 3 hours later than we hoped. But customs was very easy and quick for us and USA Transfers was still waiting at the pick-up (bless them, they seriously rock and are a great company). Check in was fast. They naturally asked us to sit down with them at breakfast to discuss a membership, but they did not push once we declined (they also spent a little bit of time making it apparent what you will be around and what you may see at the resort, as to try to not shock you). After that, we were just in time for Mexican night at El Arrecife. We thought it was very good considering it is buffet style, but we are fairly easy people to please anyway and we love Mexican food. Our drinks were also made very well.

It was an early night for us after waking up at 4AM that morning and spending most of the day trying to just get there. The next day, we had breakfast (again at El Arrecife and again very good in our opinion) and got a beach bed by the volleyball area. The beach boys were quick and efficient in removing what seaweed was washed ashore overnight. I forgot my sunglasses all the way back in NY so I was pretty blind all day by the white sand. The water that day was practically clear. Volleyball was extremely entertaining. I highly recommend that spot if you like to be around the action as the pool (and pool bar) is right behind those beds and they do a lot of fun games (and aqua fitness!). In the afternoon, we made our way to the beach bar and met the bartender Gustavo who was covering for CC on her day off. We really enjoyed spending time chatting with him and the other patrons who subsequently arrived afterward.

The bar closed and at this point, we met a couple in the lifestyle for the first time ever. It was interesting to hear their story as to what started it for them. It helped ease me into the concept of the resort by showing me that these are real people with emotion and reasoning and compassion and love. I felt a connection to them. Not sexually, but something different. Sadly, I believe they may have left shortly after as we never saw them again. My husband did see a tumbler of theirs being refilled at the pool bar the next day, but that was the last sign of them.

We attempted to get a pool bed that morning but were too early. Members have until 10:30AM to arrive to their bed by the pool. If they did not, then you would be able to request one. We got a beach bed by the volleyball again instead, then went to breakfast. Afterward, seaweed seemed a bit more invasive that day. The water was murky, but the beach was cleared quickly again of anything that washed on shore. Though the water wasn't as ideal as the day before, this is when we realized that we are beach people. You look around and just witness paradise. Beautiful, fully nude people were everywhere. Palm trees, ocean, the resort itself just looked good. You can see the entire strip of beach (and hotels) for miles that just kind of wraps around in the distance. It was so calming.

We had such a great time at the beach bar with Gustavo, we went back the next day. This is when we met the famous CC herself. In my eyes, she is the resort's top bartender. So friendly and creative. Her bar is where we spent most of our vacation, honestly. We stopped asking her for specific drinks and just trusted her in giving us what she wanted to make. My husband would ask me if I was ready to get out of the ocean for another "CC's Choice". The end of her shift was the saddest part of our day. Truly an amazing lady. Her bar is where we met our favorite couple. Friends I hope to keep for the rest of our lives. They were so passionate and willing to kind of "take us under their wing". Another pair of lifestylers but it made no difference in how they treated each other. In fact, I have never seen a couple more in love than them. It also made no difference in how they treated us. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you both (and thank you for the sunglasses 8) )

We only made it to one party. The drinking all day and being in the sun typically made us exhausted shortly after dinner. It was neon night and it was loads of fun. The show was very cool and the dancing was a blast. We did Suki a few nights but not the hibachi. The sushi wasn't the greatest but I enjoyed the salmon sashimi so much, I got it both nights we went. The wine expert (possibly sommelier?) was good with the pairing he recommended. We really loved Sahlo for it's intimacy. There was a gentlemen guest who was asked to change from shorts to long pants. The food was very good there as well. We did not try Tentazione.

It took a few days until we actually saw any sort of sex act being done around us. I heard some noises on the beach bed next to me and looked over and saw a woman preforming oral on her partner. It was a little strange for me, but other than the occasional sound, it was very discreet. It must have been something about that day though, because as it went on I counted seeing at least 5 other couples on beach beds having PIV sex. It was surprisingly to me not upsetting at all. In fact, I started to enjoy being a voyeur. That day, my husband and I decided to go to check the jacuzzi out. Our good friends from CC's took us up for the first time around 4:30PM and it was packed. A lot of oral and swapping and it was oddly very nice to see. I'll never forget looking another woman in the eyes as she was getting eaten out in a sea of sex around her.

Our departure was a week after we arrived and it came too quickly. I went from being utterly panicked to wanting to pay a monthly rent to stay there. The people you meet and the resort staff themselves make it a magical place. You also can go at it at your own pace. You can do as much or as little as you'd like. It is your vacation.

We are so fortunate to be able to start younger. We met an older couple who have been going since the 90's (goals!). We are hoping to have many more trips to come [-O<
genethoi
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2023

Re: 29 & 30yo, First timers RM 8/6-8/13, 2021

Postby Aborne » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:12 am

Wow, sound amazing. Were the jacuzzi beds super packed?

Where else do you see PDS? Looking forward to our trip next week!
Aborne

Will be at: Desire Pearl

Postby genethoi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:51 am

The jacuzzi beds were pretty open. There were a few couples using them. The jacuzzi itself though was filled up. It was really cool to see. We saw a ton of PDS in the jacuzzi itself but primarily we saw it on the beach beds.
genethoi
Desire Fan

Postby Lkncouple » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:31 am

Thanks for the post. Love a good trip review. Helps us look back to our past trips. Going in Feb of 2022, it will have been 3 years since we have been.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby genethoi » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:54 pm

Thank you for reading :)

It was really a wonderful experience. We are already looking forward to our future trips. I hope you have a great time!
genethoi
Desire Fan

Postby desireaddict » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:31 am

Thanks for a great trip report. It certainly brought back to mind some of those "first timer" experiences (from sooo many years ago). I'm jealous as all get out of anyone lucky enough to embrace the Desire experience at 30 years old. No way we had the time or money to do it at that point in our lives. (But we have tried to make up for lost time.)
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby systemdude » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:45 pm

Hi We are new and going next year. I would like to know what the situation is with Pool beds. Do we have to reserve them or are they member exclusive?
systemdude
Desire Convert

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 11 Mar 2022

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya