Our Second Desire Experience - August 2021 - SYW

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Our Second Desire Experience - August 2021 - SYW

Postby Hikercouple56 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:55 am

Well, it’s me again! Our second trip to paradise final happened and once again I’m sitting on the airplane grinning from ear to ear. Here is a link to Our First Desire Experience if you want a little background on us and how we ended up here today. This community is amazing, and I would like to continue to give back by providing Desire Newbies and Veterans with my Desire Experience and takeaways.

Background

As you know, late 30’s married couple in the lifestyle since September of 2019. We have enjoyed the lifestyle, but it is a bonus in our lives, and we don’t get to dabble as much as we would like but we are enjoying our lives none the less. There was no convincing or talking my wife into this trip, we were both on board with coming back as soon as we left in September of 2019. Our marriage is strong, and we talk about everything. We couldn’t wait to get back to paradise and a place that truly feels like home.

Prep and Build-up

As everyone is aware, Covid is a bitch. This trip was scheduled for August 2020, postponed, then for March of 2021, postponed, and then back to August 2021. We didn’t let ourselves get too excited because of all the delays we had experienced in the past. Finally, we both got excited the morning that we left. We had a Covid scare with our daughter a few days before we left and a family issue that had arisen, so we were very reserved leading up to this trip. We knew the risks, but we are vaccinated and healthy and as Andy Dufresne once said, “Get busy living or get busy dying” and we chose the former.

Arrival/Hotel

Check-in was easy and simple, no pressure to go to the membership presentation and away we went. We once again stayed in a garden room, and it was the exact same as I remembered. Simple, clean and functional except for the bathroom vanity that is way too small. We made our way to lunch and then off to the pool to hang out for a few hours before our romantic dinner on the beach. No hesitation to get naked and jump in headfirst. Damn, I love this place!

Wifey: Can I get a little more room for my numerous hair tools, makeup, etc?

Romantic Dinner on the Beach

The thought process was solid, I wanted to have a romantic dinner with my wife one of the nights, just the two of us. I had read some reviews and was excited to enjoy this dinner on our first night at the resort. When we arrived and were checking in, they upsold us on dinner which included a beach bed with chocolate strawberries and champagne. The cost when from $180 to $280 but the menu sounded so much better. As fate would have it, it rained and rained a lot. They moved the dinner to behind the pool bar and set the band (which was awesome!) up on the other side. The five-course dinner was bad. My wife’s mouth rejected a few of the courses and most was inedible. Since they had to move it under cover, we shared the space with two other couples, well, one other couple because the first couple sat down and left immediately. The second couple appeared to be fighting the entire dinner and the mood between them was tense. Midway through dinner a guy from the buffet ran out the door in front of us and threw up all over the concrete. We wanted a show and we sure got it! After dinner we moved to the beach bed which they had to move to the pool beds. We sat down in our evening wear and the beds were drenched. Our clothes got soaked immediately. We looked at each other and just started cracking up. There’s nothing better than a fun unexpected dinner with the woman that makes me smile and fills my heart. We shared a good laugh and went to the buffet for dinner. Epic Fail!

Wifey: I felt terrible not eating much of the food. I really struggled and the other couple wasn’t eating either but probably because they were arguing. I literally ate like a blackberry and a bite or two of the lamb but it’s not about the food. They really tried to make it a romantic atmosphere and we were so happy to be there that we didn’t even care about it not tasting good. The most embarrassing part was getting up from the beach bed and walking into the buffet after supposedly eating a five-course meal. I had to eat something! We are still laughing about this experience. It’s a good story to tell our vanilla friends too….

Food

I feel it is important to note that I thought the food was not as good as last time. It underwhelmed at every turn. The breakfast buffet was ok. We did omelets and made to order eggs everyday and the fresh fruit was good. The lunch buffet was fine, but the food just lacks flavor, and everything is more liquidy than I would like. For dinner we ate the buffet once, Sahlo once and Suki twice. Our favorite was the sit down, no reservations needed, in the Suki restaurant. The food had more flavor, and it was more up our alley. Overall, we aren’t huge foodies, so this doesn’t bother us too bad, but it was disappointing.

Wifey: This trip we didn’t eat with any other couples. Not on purpose but def something I wished we had done at least one of the nights. Honestly though, we never get to share that many meals together at home just us, so it was amazing.

The People

It was Sexy, Young and Wild month and the crowd showed. I know it changes week to week, but this was a remarkable change from the last time we were there. I would say the average age was 45 which was probably 5-10 years younger than when we went in September of 2019. There were so many sexy couples of all ages but many couples in their 20’s, 30’s and 40’s. Lifestyle folks are the best! Friendly, welcoming, engaging and just downright fun people to hang out with. We love socializing, talking and flirting with everyone. My wife is the life of the pool and just carries herself with such confidence and sexiness. This trip was no different and everyone we met was just plain awesome.

The Pool/Jacuzzi

We seem to get into a routine at Desire which consists of breakfast, pool, lunch, pool, nap, dinner, nightly show, disco, jacuzzi, Lobby bar pizza and BLT’s then bed. This trip was much of the same, but we like it that way. The pool during the day was bustling and kept everyone engaged. The nightly jacuzzi was tame this trip from what we saw. We ended up spending an entire evening up at the jacuzzi sitting at the bar on the dry side for upwards of 3 or 4 hours just talking, watching and laughing. The jacuzzi and pool are great areas to socialize, meet new people and relax.

After our last trip, we felt that “playing” in the jacuzzi area wasn’t our thing. We love to go up and socialize and mingle but after our last experience we decided that we would forgo sexy time in the jacuzzi. Well, that went out the window quickly and we had an amazing foursome on one of the jacuzzi beds, again. Maybe we were better prepared, maybe we had more alcohol or maybe the couple we were with just made us more comfortable, but we had a fantastic foursome one night on the beds by the jacuzzi and it was amazing! There was a couple next to us that tastefully watched the entire show and trust me when I say that memory will be added to spank bank for a long time. I learned that every experience is different and not to shut down certain things just because of one experience. I’m open to trying it again.

Catamaran Cruise

We were invited by a couple to take the catamaran cruise which is a 4-hour trip that consists of snorkeling, alcohol, sailing, alcohol, snacks, relaxation and alcohol. We took this trip on the last day we were at Desire, and it was so relaxing. A couple on the boat got seasick so there wasn’t much playing going on, maybe some light petting but nothing in your face. We had heard that this could be a crazy orgy sex cruise, so we went in prepared for anything, but we got four hours of relaxing, good conversation and beautiful scenery. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

The Lifestyle

If you remember my last report you would know that we are in the lifestyle. Desire started us on a journey that has been amazing. We have two young kids so we don’t get out too often but we enjoy the sexy, free vibe that the lifestyle offers. We have been to a club, hotel takeover, meet and greet but Desire is by far our favorite lifestyle getaway. Last time the lifestyle and non-lifestyle couples were probably split 50/50 but this trip was almost exclusively couples in the lifestyle. I’m not sure if it was because it was August and Sexy, Young and Wild month or if it was the pandemic but I only talked to one couple that told me “we aren’t in the lifestyle, I mean we don’t swap but we do everything else.” And I’m not even sure what that means but they weren’t 100% vanilla. Either way, it was great getting to know so many wonderful couples.

The lifestyle has brought my wife and I closer and the bond between us is so strong that I’m amazed everyday. We love to explore and go on adventures together and the lifestyle provides that for us. My wife’s sexual awaken has been exciting to see blossom over the past couple of years. Her confidence and eagerness to please is something I never get tired of witnessing. She is my everything and we living the crap out of this one life that we have. I don’t know how long the lifestyle will last for us but I’m excited for our next adventure together.

Wifey: I changed so much in a few days. I really believed that I needed a strong connection before getting comfortable and playing. I evolved to needing a connection, but not needing to know everything about a couple. Its situational all the time. Every single one is different and unique in its own way. I let more of my guard down every time and its always been positive. Go at your own pace, but don’t be afraid to test the waters. I also have learned from every experience of what I do and do not want for the next time.

The Playroom

On our first trip, we checked out the playroom and there was no action going on at all. It was a decent space but not anything we experienced because we were new and it was a bit intimidating. Not this time! On our second to last night, we met two couples and ended up in the playroom. We got to experience a soft swap orgy and it was amazing and a fantasy come true for my wife. Hearing all the couples around us was exhilirating and they had renovated the room and it was perfect for everyone. It was sexy, mysterious but classy and functional all at the same time. They had towels at the entrance, the lights were dim and there were couples spread throughout the room. The sounds, smells and noises were something that I have a hard time describing and I suggest you check it out for yourself.

Wifey: Checked that off the bucketlist! Seriously, sometimes I get weird or nervous about having the attention during play and just having all the hands and all the different bodies was HOTTTTT! I cant stop thinking about this experience and its gonna be a hard one to top.

Tips and Take-aways

- We did take a Covid test prior to leaving to make sure we didn’t have the virus before entering Mexico. This helped reduce the risk of a positive test while in Mexico that would have left us stuck in quarantine/lockdown until we recovered. They barely swab your nose hairs and compared to tests in the US, I’d be surprised if anyone at Desire tests positive.

- Don’t let anyone else dictate your trip. You do you. On both of our trips to Desire, we have met really cool couples. The first trip, we were new and nervous and probably spent a little more time with a couple then we would have liked. They were a great couple, and we are still in touch but on this trip, we met a couple that clinged to us. It wasn’t a big deal the first day or two but on the third day we had to say something because they always wanted to be around us, and it started to get intrusive. I had to have an uncomfortable conversation but ultimately, we are here for us and only us and I’m not in charge of anyone else’s happiness.

- I can’t say enough about Sun-Bum sunscreen. We didn’t really have time to pre-tan before spending five days in the Mexican summer sun and we didn’t burn at all. Awesome stuff and I highly recommend!

- Don’t forget your drink tumblers. They are so nice to keep your drinks cool and make sure that you always know which drink is yours.

- Do yourself a favor and dress up for the theme nights!! Men and women who are dressed up seem to have more fun in my opinion. No one cares what you wear or how you look so you do you and let your guard down. This goes especially for the men!

- Our first trip we spent six nights at Desire, on this trip we stayed for five nights, I believe that four or five nights is the perfect amount of time. We stayed up late, were up early and by the end of the fourth night it was starting to wear on us. We aren’t huge party people at home so drinking and spending so much time in the sun can be draining. You don’t want to miss out on anything while you are there, so we just kept going and going.

- Naps!!!! Another lesson learned…NAP! Everyday around 4 or 5pm, we would retreat back to our room for a hour or two nap. This was amazing and gave us the energy to stay up at night.

- Lobby Bar late night food. The pizza and BLTs at the lobby bar are amazing! They start up around 11pm or midnight and stay open to about 4am. We split a pizza and BLT every evening and it was magical!

- I miss Richard and Lauren and the Art of Touch Workshop. Not much else to say but they will be missed and it’s not quite the same without them.

- The interesting thing about the lifestyle is how easily and quickly you change and adapt. We have had some experiences at home and went to hotel takeovers and clubs, but we constantly evolve in this journey. A lot changed for us on this trip, and we had some preferences that went by the wayside. I came out of this trip with more confidence and eagerness to continue to pursue the LS with my wife and what we want out of it. We have been back now for two weeks, and we can’t stop talking and thinking about our trip and when we can go back.

- Lastly, I have come to realize that I need to have a trip to Desire always booked. It’s so exciting to countdown the days and prepare for your upcoming trip. We are already looking to book trip #3.

- If you have any reservations or concerns about booking a trip to Desire, I suggest just taking the plunge because you won’t regret it. Don’t surprise your spouse with this trip, unless they are into it, but talk over things and read the trip reports. If you are both intrigued and interested in going, then don’t over think it and book your trip immediately!!

- Wifey: I think next time I’ll spring for the pictures; we’ve seen so many good ones that I would love to have some sexy photos of us.
Hikercouple56
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Aug 2020

Re: Our Second Desire Experience - August 2021 - SYW

Postby Ambernos » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:08 pm

Excelente experiencia y muy detallado. Nosotros esperamos tener nuestra tercera visita en enero de 2022. Saludos
Ambernos
Desire Convert

We are from: Colombia
We arrive on: 06 Jan 2019

Re: Our Second Desire Experience - August 2021 - SYW

Postby Vixen and Him » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:00 pm

Great report ! Agree on having some sort of bond ( sexual attraction mainly ) and not needing to know everything about the other couple.
Mystery and spontaneity is fun !
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 04 Jan 2024

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya