Our Trip Report 17th to 24 April 2010

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Our Trip Report 17th to 24 April 2010

Postby OKwereback » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:00 pm

Seeing reports from two of the great couples we met, thought we'd make our own contribution.

Overall: This was our second trip to Desire and we were a little concerned that it would not live up to our memories of the first time. Need not have worried. Because we knew what to expect we had an even better time. They have clearly worked hard over the last year or so to improve the resort. Once again the best part of the vacation for us was the people. Not sure why but Desire attracts just the people we click with.

The Service: What can we say. Nothing is too much. We gave special credit to Africa and CC who we remembered from our last visit. Sorry , cant remember the name of the main guy at the bar right now but " Can you let me know when it's 7.20 and have a bottle of champaigne ready so I can take it up to the room for Her " was met with an enthusiastic response and delivered. Boy did I get browny points.

The Beach: We reserve a bed on the beach during the day because we need somewhere in the shade. Had great service there. Little worried that there seems to be rather less beach there than last time.

The Disco (are we showing our age calling it this). A real transformation. Great places to hang out. More bar area to prop up. Just a much nicer atmosphere. But the music. It's a mixed crowd age wise. They really need to mix the music too. Overall a little too thump thump thump for us, though I think we persuaded them to play Kid Rock's All Summer Long once. That said, we danced our asses off.

The entertainment: They've taken Eyes Wide Shut to a new level in our opinion. All live music of a high standard.

The Play / Sin room. Another transformation. Thought it a little too bright the first time we went in (would have felt differently in our twenties) but seemed more subdued lighting after that. By the way did anyone figure out how to use the swing !

Food: Again there's been an improvement. We enjoyed everything we ate. No tummy problems, and we came home without putting on a pound.

The hot tub: We love hot tubs so just a great place to hang out with great people. They seem to be keeping it cooler during the day and bumping the temperature up at night which is just right.

The Crocodile: We understand that watching the staff trying to remove a six foot crocodile from the beach is not part of the standard program, but it was a hoot. We particularly enjoyed the guy with the chicken leg on the string !

That's all for now. Let us know if there's anything you'd like to hear about.

Desire is unique in the world, we're so glad we found it.

Love to all we met.
OKwereback

Postby it's all good! » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Thanks for the great trip report! We requested Kid Rock's " all summer long" as well. We are all very lucky to have found this very special place in a crazy world.

Don
it's all good!
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 08 Jan 2017

Postby tout.prest » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:31 pm

A croc on the beach !! Shit Don't tell my wife, cause we head down tomorrow morning. That would really freak her out . :(

Might help keep out the gawkers though....... :lol:

Thanks for taking the time to report. Just gets us all the more revvved up !!

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby sensualcnds » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:41 pm

Another croc on the beach... so glad we weren't there... last time my husband decided to take it upon himself to help get it back to the lagoon... Crazy!!! (But memorable) The staff has never forgotten that! LOL.

Thanks for the trip report - it's great to hear that all the new improvements are progressing well!

Out of curiosity, has anyone noticed if they have started the room renovations yet? They had the sample room ready last October, but I haven't seen anything further on this topic.

Thanks!
K
sensualcnds
Desire Lover

Postby OKwereback » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:30 pm

They were renovating the room next to ours, so think the answer is yes.
OKwereback

Postby miranda » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:27 pm

OKwereback wrote:They were renovating the room next to ours, so think the answer is yes.

What room was that?

They had a "show suite" in the block we were in and we loved our room (it was in the same block as the show suite) so we're wondering if it's in the same block as the renovations - the building in front of the tennis courts.

Thanks for the review and the updates.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby sensualcnds » Sat May 01, 2010 10:13 am

Thanks for the reply OKwereback... Hopefully as new trip reports are posted people can keep us updated as how these updates are progressing as well.

:)
K
sensualcnds
Desire Lover

Postby OKwereback » Sat May 01, 2010 2:03 pm

It was a garden view upstairs in the hot tub building. Unfortunately the brain cell with the room number seems to have been knocked out. But does 1017 sound right ?
OKwereback

Postby tropez » Mon May 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Thanks for the report!
tropez
Desire Fan

Postby rjvpvs » Tue May 11, 2010 11:01 pm

thanks for the report.

Can you describe the eyes wide shut night? How have they taken it to a new level?
rjvpvs

Postby kurtandKir » Wed May 12, 2010 5:18 pm

I broke the rules and took a few pix of the crock in the ocean. I'll pull it off the camera and post it. I understand the crocks name is ernie and he escapes sometimes. the rain had the moat/bog/swamp up pretty high and the runoff was discoloring the water. i suppose he slipped out on the runoff river by the boats.
kurtandKir
Desire Convert

Postby OKwereback » Wed May 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Yes, please post the pics of Ernie! Enjoyed meeting you both. Can't wait to go back.
OKwereback

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya