Trip Report - Feb 4 to 11 2022 - Desire RM

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Trip Report - Feb 4 to 11 2022 - Desire RM

Postby Cockine70 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:19 pm

First, sorry for my English…

The good

Overall, it was a very pleasant trip, entertainment at the pool was great, food was great, barman was fun, CC bar was very nice. Nightly shows were great, show, disco, rooftop spa. No Covid at all for us! Also haven’t seen anyone with Covid. Beach was nice and a lot of spots available near the CC bar. The people that sell stuff on the beach respect you and don’t try to get your attention to sell you their stuff, very respectful.

What Irritated Me Personally
    • Too much pressure on us to attend a selling session that I did not want to go. I was at Desire to enjoy sunshine not to get in a closed room to listen to a sale pitch.
    • The other thing that irritated me was the availability of the chair at the pool, prepare yourself for a daily tip! It’s just that I would like to pick any spot that is available and use the chair. It’s not the case you cannot pick a spot yourself.
Other observations
    • People are very friendly, no problem with nudity, my wife took a few days to get into it but on the 3rd day she was very comfortable.
    • There is some visitor sometime at the beach, people from outside the resort that are taking a walk (more in the morning).
    • I did not see people smoking at the pool area.
    • I saw couples having sex at the beach, near the pool (late), in the Jacuzzi, outside of the Jacuzzi in the beds, in the playroom, in the disco … I had no problem with it.
I hope this help !
Cockine70

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Feb 2022

Re: Trip Report - Feb 4 to 11 2022 - Desire RM

Postby Turk7 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:35 pm

The guards at the beach keep the people that are selling moving. We took the sales pitch two get two massages had no intention of buying their new twist on time shares.
Turk7
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 30 Jun 2021

Postby Bombpop » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:32 am

How long does the presentation take?
Kik: bombpop4
Bombpop

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby wwpc » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:40 am

Budget for an hour, we have never taken an hour it normally takes us a few but we were working on the deal we wanted.

Now that being said I have no reason to see them again for MANY years!
wwpc
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2023

Postby Cockine70 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:20 pm

Right at arrival the front desk person is booking you this meeting, even if I told him that I dont want to go. every day he was trying to book the meeting that I did not attend, and on day 4 or 5 I said OK I will go but no more than 1 hour. I even start my iphone timer in front of him ... Then the nice lady arrive to bring us to the meeting place, and I told her that she will waist 1 hour of my time and 1 hour of her time, I even show her the remaining time on my iphone ... and she said OK let's not waist our time, I was free again. I suspect that the front desk guy get's bonus on leads he bring, this is why he was so desperate to fix a meeting, and the lady get bonus on sales...
Cockine70

We arrive on: 04 Feb 2022

Postby Worth » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:06 pm

We went into ours somewhat reluctantly, but willing to listen (we both knew prior that we had zero interest in a membership). Less than 5 mins into the presentation when I told the sales person we booked through credit card reward points, she just cut us loose.
Worth
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 09 Jun 2024

Postby Gunnert » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:49 pm

We feel your pain on the sales pitch. We've been making an annual pilgrimage to Desire for 15 years now and I've NEVER sat through the sales pitch. Persistence in saying no is the key. I also understand it's their job to try to make a sale and it's my prerogative to not waste my time.

Duane/Carolyn
Gunnert
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 01 Jun 2021

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya