May 8 - 16, Ynot's & Hot Tamales

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

May 8 - 16, Ynot's & Hot Tamales

Postby mfay » Mon May 17, 2010 12:12 pm

We aren't going to post a "full blown" trip report this time, but we did want to post a little something here about how we found the resort in general.

Actually we were amazed at the continuing improvements and enhancements just since our last trip last September. Those of you who haven't been to Desire before - you would have been impressed before but now we think you are really going to be blown away. For those of you who already know and love Desire, here are some of the highlights of the improvements:
THE DISCO: The renovation turned out to be totally amazing. It is
cooler, looks great, has better bar access, much more comfortable
seating, a great new playroom, and an outdoor patio that seems to have turned into a destination in itself.
ENTERTAINMENT: This has been a resort area of focus for the past 2 years and the efforts have really paid off. There is now quality
entertainment offered each evening in the lobby area from 9 to 11 Pm. And when we say "quality" we are not exaggerating. In addition, on many days there is now actually some great entertainment offered during the days around the pool in the afternoon. Little exhibition acts of various types like dancers, gymnasts, etc by some very talented folks. Of course there is still a daily schedule of regular pool activities and games led by the entertainment staff. The quality of the ET staff has varied a lot of the years- but now is probably as good as it has ever been ! Two of our favorites from the past- Lazaro and Diana have come back to lead the team (they are now a couple) and they have two great young ladies and "Charlie" who came over from the old Desire Cabo with them on the staff. They make a fantastic team.
FOOD & DRINK: Generally speaking, the food and drink were excellent. They continue to change menu's to address guest's requests and the quality was very high.
FACILITIES: The grounds are beautiful, lush and green and impeccably maintained. The hot tub has been resurfaced, and the rooms are continuously being updated. The gym/spa was recently renovated.
STAFF: We were a little concerned before the trip that, with the state
of the economy and the fact that Desire has frozen prices for a couple of years, perhaps the service at Desire would suffer. We are happy to say that the great Desire service we have come to expect is still alive and well. Fantastic people who are genuinely friendly and we rarely saw any situation where they weren't enough staff to take care of everyone even though the resort was full. We miss Mia, and were thrilled that she was able to come out to the resort and see us during our stay. The latest guest services director-
Valentina- did an excellent job for us too and we thank her for all her help.

Thank you to Desire, and to all of the wonderful people we shared this trip with, for another fantastic Desire experience !
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby miranda » Mon May 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Thank you for the update!

We loved it before and now .... we just can't wait for our next trip!
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby tout.prest » Mon May 17, 2010 8:44 pm

Hey Mike,
Glad to here you made it back alright and that your trip was great ! It was really nice to finally meet you guys. We were sorry to have to leave just after you arrived , as your group seemed like an awesome group of people. I still can't believe I missed Barbara "paging" me from the bands mic when I was talking with Wayne. That was too funny :lol:

Your report kinda sums up how we felt about the trip as well. The resort has really stepped up and taken everything to another level, and we agree that the EC staff finally seems to have found their niche. We loved Brenda's vision and think she will do well in her new position. Did you manage to get Vanessa out of her top during pool v-ball ? lol

Again, thanks for the report.

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby mfay » Tue May 18, 2010 6:26 am

Steve- no we never saw the top come off- but she was obviously getting more comfortable all the time. And with
Diana (who rarely ever had a top on) and Brenda as role models......................she really doesn't have a chance to maintain any modesty- does she ? Lol
Mike
mfay

Barb, Now I am even more excited!

Postby Darcy » Thu May 20, 2010 8:12 pm

Barb and Mike, I met you guys last September. I already felt like I knew you '-) We are are 4.5 weeks away from our next Desire adventure. After reading your trip report, I am beyond excited about this upcoming trip. I have already been there a 100 times in my dreams. That reminds me, I have more shopping to do! Hope to see you both again in the future. Thanks for all your positive input on our very, very special place in this world. All the best.....Darcy (a.k.a. G-Girl)
Darcy
Desire Fan

Postby mfay » Fri May 21, 2010 6:19 am

Hi Darcy ! Of course we remember finally meeting you last September. We wish you another great Desire experience, and we really think you will be impressed with the improvements and the staff.
Enjoy!-- We will catch you at Desire again one of these days.............
Mike
mfay

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya