LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Postby eddieandjojo » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Well, we just returned from our second annual Labor Day weekend trip so I thought I'd share some of our experiences. Remember, they are just that, experiences as we saw them!

Room - Our room location couldn't have been any better! We were right off the center lounge area on the second floor. While we only booked a regular (gardenview) room, we had a certainly had an ocean view both to the left and right of the bldg in front of us from our balcony! We had a requested it from Silvina and during our "express check in" the week before. Not sure which method worked but all I'll suggest is that people do both.

Food - The food was consistently good at Suki, Il Piacere and the main breakfast area. Had dinner one night at the outside restaurant and it was just okay. We prefer the other two. In fact, we have done appetizers at Suki before going over to Il Piacere for a later dinner. Anyway, service was always good and as I mentioned the food was consistently good.

Pool Area - The activities were better this year than last and I'll say that Emilio and Isabella did a great job getting people motivated and into participating. They had plenty of loungers, chairs, round beds, umbrellas, etc...to make it easy for people to sun in comfort. Again, much improved over last year.

Jacuzzi lounge - Three of the five nights we were there, it was absolutely rockin'! After hurricane Gustav blew through on Saturday (not much impact - just some wind and minor rain), it seemed that the crowd wanted to party and party hard. All I'll say is that the chocolate syrup, Bailey's from a squirt bottle and grape vodka from a penis squirt gun were all flowing and it got the hot tub crowd to get very friendly.

Disco - I must say that after I read much of the posts here and in the original resort forum, we were apprehensive to even go. Boy are we glad that we did because we had a great time at the disco. I'd say the crowds were very good each night and most people dressed the part for the theme nights. Most surprising was the music - it was great! You know, it's hard to please everyone, but due to the fact that people were actually dancing on the dance floor, around the dance floor and over on the pole platform by the couches, I'd say that most people enjoyed it! It was a good variety of dance music, techno, latin and top 40. The party room was used frequently but we preferred going up to the jacuzzi lounge and playing on one of the beds. No issues or worries from us!

Overall - Our sixth trip to Desire (third to Cancun) and it was just as fun or better than the others. Each time we go it's a little different, not better or worse, just a little different and I guess it all depends on the crowds and most importantly your own attitude! We can't wait to go back!

Couple last comments - Silvia was wonderful serving the pool guests, Gerardo was great at the Suki restaurant, Emilio was great with the poolside activities. Front Desk people were very friendly and efficient. We were asked about the the "timeshare deal" and we politely declined and they never mentioned it again!

Another great trip in paradise!

Eddie & Jojo
8)
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby mfay » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:01 pm

Eddie & Jojo,
We followed you to Desire- just returned- and we have to agree ! We'll file a trip report later but we are going to be hard pressed to find much to complain about.
Great people, great sexy fun, and a great
resort.
Don't know how we are going to be able to wait almost 8 months to return !
Mike
mfay

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby Powderfinger » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:19 pm

Thanks for the great report.....reading ones like this makes our trip seem sooooo far away! And Mike, get typin', we're ready for your report as well.....
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

How was the disco?

Postby randyandmissy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:51 pm

Eddie, after our trip in august we along with several others had real issues with the way the disco smelled, and the mold issue. Silvina said whe was going to "check on it". Was anything done to disco that yall could tell? How was smell etc etc?
randyandmissy
Desire Fan

Postby eddieandjojo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:00 pm

Well, honestly, we didn't hear anyone complaining about any smell at all. We were up at the disco 4 of the 5 nights and it was consistently busy, people were participating in the theme nights, dancing and generally having a rockin' time! The music was good and very upbeat so like I stated above, we were very pleasantly surprised. The play room was busy 3 of the 4 nights....not terribly busy but there were people definitely enjoying themselves!

So, not sure if Silvina made something happen or not but it certainly wasn't an issue for the Labor Day crowd.

Hope that helps.

E&J
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby DoctorandDomina » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:32 pm

Hey All ~

As part of Eddie and Jojo's rockin' Labor Day group we SO owe this forum a trip report, and will soon, promise. Just wanted to comment about the disco.

#1 Third night in the disco after the bartenders were introduced by Emilio and had done their hysterical dance semi-strip tease on the bar Emilio introduced "our brand new DJ". He was good, AND sweet and funny and friendly and open to requests. The music mix was perfect if you ask me. Only music complaint is that it's hard to hear the most popular pop songs a couple times a night for 7 nights, but that ain't the DJ's fault. He's got a new crop of people to entertain every day.

#2 Haley had gotten in touch with us before arrival about some special items we wanted taken care and to just generally see if ther was anything she could do for us before we arrived. We took care of that and some business and I mentioned that the guests had been complaining about the mold. I reminded her that many people are DEATHLY allergic to mold. Little soldier that she is she promised to see what she could get them to do about it. Couple days later she reported that huge dehumidifier's had been placed in the disco and are run all day when the disco is not in use, and that all the upholstery and carpeting had been professionally cleaned just for this purpose. I was skeptical that it would be enough if the mold problem was invasive enough, but lo and behold, not once did we experience a single musty, moldy, mildewy moment in the Disco. I was duly impressed. Feral cat spray in one corner was obvious, yes (but who can get mad at those gorgeous little wild cats who so daintily eat bar pizza and prettily ask you for more?)

When we got our upgrade to the Passion Suite it smelled like an old gym locker when we walked in, but an hour with the patio doors open along with the front door so that lucious ocean breeze cleared out the room and a very efficient dehumidifier they already had running in the room took care of that problem very quickly. By the way, you would not believe how much water even the little machines collect. Couple of gallons out of our room overnight out of the air. Isn't that CRAZY? I think maybe the garden rooms are probably "less wet"? Dunno.

Katrina
DoctorandDomina

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya