Newbie couple what to expect?

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Newbie couple what to expect?

Postby MarknAmanda » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:06 pm

My wife and I will be making our first trip in March 2023. She (40yr) is nervous about her body and tends to be a little on the shy side in public. I (35yr) am very out going and not modest about my body at all, am very excited to be a first time visitor!!

Is there any advice on calming her nerves?
We are not currently into the LS but have had past experience with other couples many years ago and we are going to go in with an open mind and see what "feels" right.

Any advice on what to expect and/or helpful hints on things to pack or bring are greatly appreciated.
MarknAmanda

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 15 Mar 2023

Re: Newbie couple what to expect?

Postby Cheers2US » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:28 pm

I think many, if not most, of the couples who are fans of Desire started a lot like how you described.

We were also very nervous, very hesitant before our first trip to Desire. We were at points we almost cancelled due to nerves and worries. But Desire is such a beautiful resort in itself. The staff members are so friendly & helpful. The grounds and landscaping are a beauty to the eye. The pool is great, the beach is nice. The restaurants have great food. The other guests are SO welcoming and considerate. But the best part of Desire is the freedom to be as sexy, wild, or tame as you want. It's a clothing optional resort, but there is zero pressure to take your clothes off, I promise. I also have body issues (most people do!) but I cannot tell you how liberating and relieving it feels to be able to shed your clothes and not worry about what others think. Everyone else is in the same boat. It's an amazing feeling.

Another great thing about Desire is the openness and ability to enjoy your partner freely, out in the open, or in the presences of others, if you wish. You can also, of course, engage with other consenting guests for as much fun as you all want. There's no pressure to do anything you don't feel comfortable with and there's also the opportunity to seek what pleases you.

The resort is also very entertaining, both day and night. There are always events, activities, shows, workshops that are organized and posted.

For example, here's this week's schedule.

You do not have to participate or engage in anything if you do not want to. But it is a lot more fun if you do.

Desire is a wonderful place. Look at trip reports here and reviews on TripAdvisor and Google.
A mix of nervousness + excitement
Cheers2US
Desire Superstar

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 03 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby RJOC » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:59 pm

:L :L Excellent post!
RJOC
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby MarknAmanda » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:01 pm

Thank you so much for the input!!

We are both open minded and plan to participate in all the fun events the resort has to offer. Hoping my wife feels sexier then ever about herself after this visit.

Cheers to new adventures. 8)
MarknAmanda

Postby Worth » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:05 am

You guys will have an amazing time. You sound a lot like us. I booked our first trip and the lady was hesitant but willing to give it a shot. We had a great time, got acclimated to the scene. Clothes came off on occasion but in general we just enjoyed the resort it self. But, she liked it enough to go back a 2nd time this last march. Having been there once already, we settled in immediately. She was naked by afternoon on the first day, and spent most of her time that way for the entire week. Flirted with other couples, made use of the playroom and so on. Just as you said, take things as they come but it's hard not to settle into the great sexy vibes that are all around.

And definitely take part in the theme nights, both of you guys! It's a great conversation starter and way to meet people.
Worth
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 09 Jun 2024

Postby MarknAmanda » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:44 pm

We are both defiantly looking forward to theme nights and fully participating.
Actually reading about the theme nights one of our biggest reasons for booking this resort!!!
MarknAmanda

Postby ninaandfrank » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:47 pm

When I first told Nina about the theme nights she reacted as if it was something silly. Once I started planning our costumes and gathering the needed items she really got into it and is having fun with the idea. Now as we get close to vacation time our issue is packng it all. We are going to need to check one large suitcase with the airline just for our theme night costumes. No problem genrally but once onthe ground we'll need to figure out how to carry it all through immigration and customs.
Some are reigniting the flame. Ours never burned out. Just dumping gas on it!
ninaandfrank
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 29 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby MarknAmanda » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:41 am

We are excited to see what the theme nights are for 2023. Does anyone know wen they will ne announced?
MarknAmanda

Postby nokidclub » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:51 pm

MarknAmanda wrote:We are excited to see what the theme nights are for 2023. Does anyone know wen they will ne announced?

Probably within the next couple months. You'll have plenty of time.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya