A Little Subtlety Goes a Long Way...

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Postby Sawyer » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi Sunscreen,
Try Hidden Beach in Puerto Aventuras. We found it sort of accidentally after we booked the hotel next door. Then stayed a week on our honeymoon. To be honest its what lead us to Desire. The place was very friendly with awesome staff and a great swim up bar. As well they have swim-up suites which are great, get up in the morning and jump right in the pool naked! You alos have access to all the amenities and restaurants next door (El Dorado Seaside Suites). Hidden Beach is Nude, all Nude but there are no PDA's allowed or lets say encouraged - you can still sneak off to the corners of the beach for a some private romance - you're just not supposed to.
However when I say it lead us to Desire, what I should say that we were looking for something slightly more amped up and more on the naughty side of sexy than Hidden Beach offers. May sound strange but we are not Swingers, but hell I don't have to have skates on to enjoy a good hockey game!
Hope this helps!
Sawyer
Desire Convert

Postby Denver Duo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:13 pm

Hey sunscreen, you might try going with the YNOTS. We enjoyed them and the Hot Tamales on our last trip. But there can still be others at the resort at the same time that can ruin it for you so no guarantees. Still trying to talk my better half into returning because some of what she saw was too over the top as well. Thanks for telling it like you experienced it!
Denver Duo
Desire Lover

Postby Whoneedssunscreencpl » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:53 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. We are looking into whether we can manage the time off to go with the YNOTS. Sounds like it could be a good group for us. If not this year, maybe next!

Hidden Beach sounds interesting, too. Wonder if they every run any discount promotions. When we checked it was quite a bit more expensive than Desire. Will have to keep an eye on the prices.
Whoneedssunscreencpl
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Jan 2022

need to change weeks

Postby wrn2fn » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:13 am

Lol you need to come to Desire in June where all the accepting people are lol. We hate takeovers and really try to avoid them like the swine flu lol It is this simple for us hey party all you want dont infringe on our good time and when we say no that is our choice not yours. We may not play with you but may play with others dont like it too bad but that is us. But again June is a great group of "friends" im just saying lol but avoid take overs or large groups going Were not a "group" per se but just friends who get together and go at the same time Dont let some ignorant people ever ruin your vacation not that it seems it did but it does get annoying to deal with

Jo and Steve

Yahoo Desire June Group members
wrn2fn

Postby freescuba » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:03 am

Ok pyramid and Whoneedssunscreencpl "I think" you are reading way more into my post then I said. I still believe Desire is the wrong place to go to have a romatic time alone. By that I don't mean anything in regards to Lifestyle activities that a guest may or may not do and I'm not inferring that romance = sex (there's a lot more to romance!). But the entire resort is setup so that you are around other people unless you are in your room. There are other resorts much better setup for a couple to be able to spend romantic time alone by providing areas around the resort that are more private and secluded with grounds that are larger and more spread out.

Just because I'm around other people at Desire does not mean I or they are wanting or trying to have sex with each other. Yeish. I'm quite happy to sit beside someone at the pool/hot tub/beach/bar/.. and talk to them. I don't assume that just because someone talks to me that they are wanting to have sex with me! You seem to infer that people in the Lifestyle go there for one big orgie and from what I've seen there this is not true. Lifestyle people we've met there have always been respectful of us.

Sorry to everyone else if this was a bit of a rant. But these two need to read better.
freescuba
Desire Convert

Postby miranda » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:04 pm

We went during a quiet week, we did meet other people, we were upfront that we are not in the Lifestyle and we even talked to some of the same people the next day, even though we were not what they were looking for.

But I would say that we only met and talked to a handful of people.

We found that at this resort folks come and go on a daily basis and if you are looking for something or someone in particular you have to be pretty quick so some folks "move on" in their search.

I would say that our vacations at Desire are full of romance but I guess it all depends on what your definition of romance is.

We do not go to Desire to hook up with people and if we find someone / something offensive (to us) we move along. There is plenty of resort to 'get away to'.

We are happy with spending time just the two of us (cuddling, kissing, holding hands, among other things :wink:) and, although it's nice to meet and talk with other people, if we don't, that's fine.

We are not social butterflies and we are quiet - not necessarily "shy" - but we are the couple that sits back and watches (and once in a while we just may "participate" :wink:) unless we see someone who interests us and we will approach them - maybe. But it won't be the loud, obnoxious guy who does cannon-balls in the pool and the "wife" to match.

I'm not quite sure what staying in your room and romance have to do with each other. Folks can have a romantic time (just the two of them) just about anywhere at Desire. I don't think romance has anything to do with being alone in a dark corner. We do our own romantic thing at Desire right out in the open - with people around.
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby Whoneedssunscreencpl » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 pm

freescuba wrote:Yes there are many people that do things at Desire I wouldn't do. There are those that do so little I wonder why they are there. There are those I want to hang with and those I don't. Those I avoid and those that I'm still friends with years later. But I don't think everyone has to act like me or behave in a manor I consider appropriate. As long as your not hurting someone else.

All that said I think one should realize that the #1 reason to go to Desire is to mingle with people. I don't mean to imply anything other then Desire is not the place you go to be alone. The rooms are not that nice to hide in them all day as a couple and the entire resort is setup to encourage you to socialize. Meet new friends. Talk about whatever. Dance with them at the disco. etc etc

It's not the place for two people to have a romantic time on their own. Romance yes. Alone no. I hope no one is suggesting it is such a place as those expecting it will be disappointed. (seriously it has a large clothing optional hot tub does this sound like an "alone" type of place? LOL)

So when the reviewer notes "it would have been much more difficult this time for the couple who did just want to have a romantic, erotic time alone together" I have to pause and wonder if such a couples expectation might have been better met by a different resort such as the Couples chain in Jamaica or maybe the Secrets chain.

Wow, Freescuba. Um, ouch to your other recent post but this is what you originally had written. I guess we will try to read better next time. Would that constitute behaving in a "manor" you consider more appropriate? As long as "your" not hurting anyone with your group "orgie", right? Or maybe a "couples" expectations would be different?

Grammar and spelling lessons aside (sorry, just had to after the gratuitous slam on our reading ability), our intended point was that on this particular trip there were indeed a large number of our fellow travelers who were expecting all orgy, all the time. If you weren't into that, they wanted nothing to do with you. We typically do enjoy conversing with other folks at the pool/hot tub/etc. This, however, was a different atmosphere from prior trips and it did add a bit of negativity to our otherwise lovely vacation.
Whoneedssunscreencpl
Desire Addict

Postby pyramid » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:38 pm

Whoneedssunscreen couldn't have said it better -- and we will add that

WHY we go to Desire and WHY you (freescuba) go to Desire don't have to be for the same reason. YOUR #1 reason to go to Desire is to mingle with people. Our #1 reason to go is to be in an erotic, sexy location where we can have erotic, sexy, ROMANTIC experiences with each other AND to enjoy the view and visiting with others playing a close second. Your presumption that we need to go to another resort to have romance is YOUR opinion, whereas we and Whoneedssunscreen KNOW that we can have romance at Desire, along with the other fun activities. We both seem to lean on the opinion that some folks DO go 'over the top' by having their fun in locations other than the designated areas.
pyramid
Desire Fan

Postby tikihutguy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:30 pm

whooneeds and pyramid are right on from our standpoint. I, however, have not personally witnessed "over the top". That, in my mind, would mean others doing something you are forced to endure. As many have said Desire has many avenues of escape if you don't like the activities.
:shock:
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby funcpl2741054 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:51 pm

i don't understand the original posters attitude.....if you are not looking for the same things as the people in the group what is wrong with them choosing to associate with those who are interested in the same things?

this is each persons individual vacation. If i'm there as a swinging couple thats the people i'm looking to hang with. quite honestly, the non swingers who just hang on the fringes and want to be partial joiners and watchers are kind of irritating.

So hey, you're free to come to Desire but why is it my responsibility to associate with you if we're not interested in the same vacation experience? I'm on MY vacation. I'm not an employee responsible for yours.
funcpl2741054

Postby wetcoastcouple » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:53 pm

funcpl2741054 wrote:i don't understand the original posters attitude

I'm not really sure where your struggle is . . . as these people seemed to pretty eloquently explain themselves in my opinion.

I didn't get the impression in the slightest that this couple wanted to "hang" or "associate" with this particular group. Quite the opposite actually. What I did read into it though, was that they were hoping that they (members of the group) might actually exhibit the kind of "friendly" or "cordial" behavior they had come to expect from guests at Desire, by actually acknowledging their existence with a smile or a polite "hello" on a daily basis in passing . . .

Doesn't seem like much to ask.

I also got the very clear impression that this couple felt that this group was likely infringing on other people's vacation by their stretching of Desire's rules on where and what kinds of PDA can occur.

While I may not be nearly as sensitive as this couple seem to be as far as PDA's go, I completely support their right to enjoy their vacation as THEY see fit as long as THEY aren't trying to impose THEIR will by having Desire alter their rules. That is why Desire has designated area's for PDA's so that people who don't want to constantly be confronted with it can avoid it. The places mentioned by the original poster where PDA's were occurring would certainly limit your Desire experience if you felt like you had to avoid them.

If this group wants to stretch those rules they should either book a take-over, or expect that some folks may not agree with their stance and then adjust their behavior (in non designated areas) so as not to offend.

funcpl2741054 wrote:. quite honestly, the non swingers who just hang on the fringes and want to be partial joiners and watchers are kind of irritating.

Is it just me or has there been a fair number of posters (3-4) of late with this kind of narrow minded attitude ?

This ISN'T the kind of attitude that makes Desire such a special place.

Open, friendly, respectful, accommodating and sexually charged is what we experience at Desire and given that everyone's interpretation of these characteristics is slightly different thankfully Desire ISN'T one-size fit's all.
RM - 2009, 2010
Cabo - 2012
Pearl - 2014
wetcoastcouple
Desire Fan

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 22 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

whoneedsuncreencpl trip report

Postby lovers2809 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Really enjoyed reading your post. We are currently planning our first trip to desire and are very excited about experiencing the great sexy time everyone has been describing. Being first timers to a lifestyle resort-we would hate to be there with a group like the one you described.We want to experience the lifestyle in a nonjudgemetal and accepting atmosphere. Can you tell us want the groups name so we can avoid booking at the same time.
lovers2809

Re: whoneedsuncreencpl trip report

Postby CokeMann » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:41 pm

lovers2809 wrote:Can you tell us want the groups name so we can avoid booking at the same time.

Whoneedssunscreencpl - if you decide to share this information please PM it directly to lovers2809 rather than post it in this thread

Thanks

Site Admin
Desire Forums
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby maybemor » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:30 pm

We are newbies to all this so take it for the price charged. as for the group thing: on our recent trip 7/ 5-11th there might have been several groups there but the texas players were the main one. I dont thnk they had what it takes to really carry a takeover in numbers and actions.. I think they had 30-40 couples.. My take on these groups is that the rest of the folks are kinda taking a cue from the largest most viable group and they were lame in the action department. At least in Public. We think this set the trend for the rest of the groups and guests. After they left even one of their group said she was glad it was over as it was a pain to always have to be with the group. The disco has a relatively small footprint so a group of 5 couples in a tight group is all it takes to create a flow bottlenec. Most of the other folks were not wanting to upstage the texas group IMHO.. Now there is always a gal or two on the disco poles oblivious to what is going on in the World. The flavor really started to heat up on the PDA front later in the week after the Texas group left.
On the other end of the spectrum in no relation to this group but we are turned off by outright open air swapping in the spa. dont get me wrong it looks like a fun animal thing to do but we just cant ever imagine and it is not a turn on to see a couple just meet another and go at it within 5 mins. That said there are plenty of other places to go if you see something like that. This wild behavior did seem to bring out the best in other couples PDA activities and that was good by us.
So I say the more wild a group is the better unless they are a total takeover and in your face of which I cant imagine.
Just a side note there seems to be alot of ladies who go take a nap in the afternoon or are getting ready for dinner and that leads to lots of single horny guys at the spa which we did not like. Also they should have a worker cleaning up the sin room and making sure single guys dont come in there and stand around!!
maybemor
Desire Fan

Postby Whoneedssunscreencpl » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:53 am

Westcoastcouple summed up our points very well above. Our prior two experiences with Desire had involved meeting really nice people who were indeed open, welcoming, and respectful of ALL lifestyles. It was a wonderful and relaxing environment. Nobody was irritated by the fact that everyone is indeed an individual and that we all enjoy (or do not enjoy, as the case may be) different levels of PDA, among other things. Nobody was troubled by people "hanging on the fringes" or being "watchers." The shared community experience and the genuine acceptance without judgment was a wonderful thing. That was less evident on our most recent trip and is not particularly evident in a few recent posts, which frankly do sound rather narrow-minded.

When you go to a "vanilla" resort, are you irritated by all those people who just like sit on the beach and watch while you like to swim? And when you go dancing in a club, I guess all those "hangers-on" who prefer to just sip their drinks at the bar must be pretty annoying too, eh?

With regard to over-the-top PDA, as another person posted above, Desire provides a time and even a place for everything. So why "stretch" (break) the rules with regard to proper time and place there? No need to have public sex in the nice restaurant when there's a perfectly good public playroom or palapa bed if you want it.

One of the things we really liked about Desire to begin with was the welcoming atmosphere of the other travelers. Most of the other posters on this board espouse that attitude as well, so we know it's still there and we aren't giving up just because of a couple of mildly negative experiences!
Whoneedssunscreencpl
Desire Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya