First time trip January 2023

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

First time trip January 2023

Postby JustJill » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:00 am

First time trip January 2023. By way of background - F 51, M 47. We are not in the lifestyle but have been to various clothing optional locations (resorts and beaches).

I did not realize it was “lifestyle month” until well after we booked our trip. The reason for choosing Desire was for couples only and clothing optional. I had dealt or or two creepy single guys at public nude beaches.

Since we knew it was LS month, we had several (!) conversations about how we felt and what we would do/not do. After these conversations we always laughed and said nothing would happen. Spoiler alert: nothing happened. Still, the conversations were both necessary and fun.

Ok on the last day I did kiss a few girls…and their husbands. People mostly just left us alone. The only people who asked if we were in LS were two men who asked my husband - one asked if we were in the LS, H said no; the other asked if I was into girls, H said no - and then I made out with his wife…so there’s that.

I was not prepared for random sex. People getting bjs at the pool. People doing all sorts of stuff at the hot tub. I wasn’t against it, it was just shocking after a lifetime of that not being ok. We did enjoy having sex on the beds by the hot tub. That was great fun. I have never seen so many cock rings in one place - I guess the cock ring display at the sex shop has more…maybe. Maybe.

I can see how people in pre-made groups have more fun. We don’t have a group of naked friends. We did get in with a group of people - they sort of adopted us like strays - on the last day so that was fun.

Side note - all body shape, sizes, ages. I would guess the average ages were 40s-50s with a smattering of 30s and 60s.
All sort of body jewelry and tattoos. Again, cock rings galore! Most people were full on nude. Some women kept on small thong bottoms. Whatever. You want to wear a wetsuit? No one cares.

Kudos to whomever maintains the pool and hot tub. I cannot imagine the Herculean effort it takes to maintain the PH or whatever. Actually, I try not to think about it too much.

The resort is lovely. Beautiful. I liked our room. Yes the bathroom does not have enough counter space. But the shower will fit like 4 people - just a guess…. But maybe that’s a good line - hey we want to see if we can shower 4 comfortably, want to help us try? It’s like being a kid - get up and get outside, eat quickly so you can get back outside and play.

The food was ok. Again, not why you are there. EXCEPT! Except for the pizza and BLTs at 3 am. Freakin delicious!

What’s with the levels and steps? I know, let’s get people drunk and in hooker heels then change levels suddenly! As a clumsy person, I was concerned. How about the stairway to Heaven to get to and from the hot tub? Seriously, beautiful place, lovely accommodations, I’m just trying to be funny.

DO THE PHOTO SHOOT! Omg, it was the best. I love it. Husband looked up ideas on line and showed the photographer. They offer to take pictures in your room, the club/disco, and the beach. We went for the beach only. Bring a gigantic beach hat with you - perfect prop. I loved the photos and it made me feel great.

Theme nights are super fun. I never packed so much to be naked all week. Theme nights are really for the ladies. Ladies, find the most outrageous, tiny, sparkly, sexy thing you can find. Lingerie. Harnesses. Pasties. Glow in the dark body paint. Whatever makes you feel awesome, wear that.

The disco is great fun. Also hazardous spiral stairs to the disco - what’s my issue with stairs??
Get out there and shake your ass - zero dancing ability required. Unisex bathroom in the disco. I need to extend a public apology to the guy I rudely interrupted at the urinal. Sorry. I was the drunk woman who shouted out “WHATS IN HERE!?!” As I popped around the corner and caught you peeing. Hope that didn’t traumatize you.

A family - I don’t know if they are related, maybe it’s a gang - of raccoons lives behind the lobby bar. They are not shy. I felt like a goddamned Disney princess walking amongst them. I was also afraid they would bite me. They did not.

Ugh the foam party on Friday. So much fun! Don’t miss it.

Drinks were solid. Double tequila and pineapple for me. Husband brought lots of cash and tipped generously. By the end of the week the bartender would meet us before we got in the hot tub and hand us drinks. The service is exceptional. They go out of their way to give you what you want. I asked for cream in my coffee but they only had milk. I seriously thought the guy was going to cry when he told me they did not have cream.

My husband said it’s like spring break for adults. Is spring break a universal thing? Does that translate?

If you are on the fence, this is your sign to buy the tickets and book the trip. If you are an introvert like me, I recommend taking a little break mid afternoon and have a nap to gear up for the night. I can’t wait to go back.

Sorry for any typos. I did this on my phone.
JustJill

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 02 Jan 2024

Re: First time trip January 2023

Postby Cheers2US » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:42 am

Wow, what a great trip report! It felt like I could have written that almost word for word.

We are also not "in" the Lifestyle, but since we go to Desire and we have sex where others can see, we kinda are. Love the food, the staff, the other guests, the gardens, the entertainment, the pool, the beach (could be better), the disco and the hot tub. Do not love the stairs! I always gripe about going up and down the stairs, in heels, at night and at some level of intoxication. Just so you know, Desire Pearl has their hot tub and disco at ground level. It's the main reason I tend to prefer Pearl.

And wow, we have run into those raccoons as well! Once, they camped right outside our door! Some idiot had left food on OUR outside table and the raccoons were having a feast. I was afraid to leave the room so I actually called the front desk and someone came by to shoo them away. Those raccoons will HISS at you! Here's a photo of them. There were 3 raccoons, but the photo shows only 2.

Glad you had a good time!
A mix of nervousness + excitement
Cheers2US
Desire Superstar

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 03 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby JustJill » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:15 am

Oh a personal visit from the trash pandas. How exciting!
JustJill

Postby SusanAndDavid » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:34 am

That was a fantastic read. A great view that Desire can be all things to all types of folks. Really enjoyed your perspective.
KIK: DocHoliday660
RM- May 18-26 2023
RM- July 14-22, 2023
RM- Dec 16-22, 2023
SusanAndDavid
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 18 May 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Postby jsiems » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:48 am

We also joked about how the most intoxicated activities with the highest heels took place upstairs. We felt it should be breakfast and the gym located upstairs. :lol:

For the trash pandas- one even came in our room! No food in our room, or outside of it. Raccoon must have known husband had left to go get pizza, and was anxious with anticipation. I personally loved it, as I know I will die trying to pet something I shouldn’t. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsiems
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2023

Postby JustJill » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:29 pm

Trash pandas in your room! You really are a Disney princess.
I agree the gym and breakfast should be located up the precarious stairs.
JustJill

Postby ninaandfrank » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:09 pm

Thank you very much for that outstanding report. It closely mimics our first experience. Glad you had fun and hope you have many more great adventures.

Frank
Some are reigniting the flame. Ours never burned out. Just dumping gas on it!
ninaandfrank
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 29 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Vixen and Him » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:55 am

This review made me happy and made me laugh. " then I kissed his wife so theres that " lol
Desire is magical. The happiest place on earth.
Thanks for sharing.
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2024

Postby Naturalfantasies » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:34 pm

One of the best reviews I’ve read!! Couples like you and your husband are exactly the reason we keep going back to Desire year after year, couples who aren’t afraid to live life as they want but at the same time go with the flow have fun and make the best of every situation as it presents itself. We are headed back in a few weeks for trip #20 and we are just as excited about going as we were for our first trip!!!
KIK: NatFanD
Naturalfantasies
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 20 Dec 2023

Postby JustJill » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:51 am

I appreciate all the positive feedback. About once a week I ask my husband when we are going back. Hoping I can post another trip report soon…
JustJill

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya