Another First Time Trip Report, January 2023

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Another First Time Trip Report, January 2023

Postby jsiems » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:33 am

I’m not sure if Desire is like the Bermuda Triangle, Atlantis, the Twilight Zone or some other place that’s seemingly immune to the laws of nature. Miraculously hangovers don’t exist here. I don’t know how, but regardless of how much you don’t drink on a regular basis, or what your age, you don’t get hungover? I’m rather convinced they put propel or something in the water as a deterrent, or little 4 A.M. fairies that hook you up to iv fluids in the night after you’ve passed out. This also applies to caffeine withdrawals. (They do have coffee available, just not cold coffee that tastes more like a milkshake that typically start my mornings.)

I cannot say enough good things about Desire. It’s hard to articulate an experience at Desire, as words will never do it justice. As I’m waking up from what seems a distant, hazy dream, there was more to absorb than seems possible for any newbie. Sensory overload at its finest- from taking in the people, conversations, culture, atmosphere, dress, food, smells, touches, and more. It was easy to sit in a stupor of shock and awe, simply taking it all in. To observe is great, but to partake- splendiferous.

No matter how uptight you are going in, each day there allows self imposed boundaries to peel away one by one. Three nights in and the most uncomfortable, self conscience person will begin to feel at ease, and a sense of belonging. To reiterate what others have said, it’s the people that make Desire so special. From the clients that vacation there, to the staff that work there- everyone is welcoming, friendly, and down to earth. And while there are a large portion of members there, the staff and clients treated everyone the same- no matter what membership level, or room type they had.

Desire caters to women on every level possible. There are lots of healthy food choices available on the buffets, as well as the menus. When ordering dinner at the restaurants, the portion sizes are perfect - enough to sample the item in a few bites. Desserts were wonderful, and perfectly sized as well. Activities also favor women through the rules of the game.

The wifi is prehistorically slow, and any internet calls you make will likely drop a few minutes in. I’m not sure if this is strategic intention, or just circumstantial, but regardless, it adds to the appeal and experience. This is the first vacation I have ever taken, where I couldn’t respond easily to texts, emails, or phone calls, and it was AMAZING. Had the service been better, I wouldn’t have been able to “turn off” work the way I did. And because of this, people lived in the moment. From the way the activities are set up, the pool lounging arrangements, the restaurant seating- every single detail of this place guides people to interact with each other and live in the present. The down side of not having a phone, was not being able to jot notes down regarding names of people we met. One thing we noticed and greatly appreciated were the people that brought their own insulated cups that had their names on them- brilliant! Not sure if that was planned out, or just a happen so, but either way, this is what we will be doing next time.

Best advice I can possibly offer to someone going for their first time is participate in as many activities as you’re comfortable with. That’s the best way to meet people. Enjoy everything the resort has to offer, from the different restaurants, to the entertainment, the disco, sin room, or jacuzzi- each provides its own unique interactions and cumulatively adds to the overall experience. Don’t go in with preconceived ideas, just go where your adventure takes you. And if you don’t end up having some of the best sex of your life while here…. I’m not sure what to say. But there are opportunities to have the best sex of your life here, you just need to seize them. You will not regret booking a vacation to Desire. It is a magical place, unlike any other… but of course like everything in life, it’s what you make of it.

-Carrie
This was our first trip to Desire (1/24/23-1/28/23), and we will definitely be going back!
jsiems
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 24 Jan 2023

Re: Another First Time Trip Report, January 2023

Postby K+C » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:46 pm

Nice job Carrie. You before, during and after reports certainly hit the mark. Each are very well written and a please to read. Thanks for taking the time to share with everyone.
Pearl: Jan ‘23
GM: Jan ‘24
K+C
Desire Fan

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 05 Jan 2024

Postby Vixen and Him » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:16 pm

jsiems wrote:I’m not sure if Desire is like the Bermuda Triangle, Atlantis, the Twilight Zone or some other place that’s seemingly immune to the laws of nature. Miraculously hangovers don’t exist here. I don’t know how, but regardless of how much you don’t drink on a regular basis, or what your age, you don’t get hungover? I’m rather convinced they put propel or something in the water as a deterrent, or little 4 A.M. fairies that hook you up to iv fluids in the night after you’ve passed out. This also applies to caffeine withdrawals. (They do have coffee available, just not cold coffee that tastes more like a milkshake that typically start my mornings.)

I cannot say enough good things about Desire. It’s hard to articulate an experience at Desire, as words will never do it justice. As I’m waking up from what seems a distant, hazy dream, there was more to absorb than seems possible for any newbie. Sensory overload at its finest- from taking in the people, conversations, culture, atmosphere, dress, food, smells, touches, and more. It was easy to sit in a stupor of shock and awe, simply taking it all in. To observe is great, but to partake- splendiferous.

No matter how uptight you are going in, each day there allows self imposed boundaries to peel away one by one. Three nights in and the most uncomfortable, self conscience person will begin to feel at ease, and a sense of belonging. To reiterate what others have said, it’s the people that make Desire so special. From the clients that vacation there, to the staff that work there- everyone is welcoming, friendly, and down to earth. And while there are a large portion of members there, the staff and clients treated everyone the same- no matter what membership level, or room type they had.

Desire caters to women on every level possible. There are lots of healthy food choices available on the buffets, as well as the menus. When ordering dinner at the restaurants, the portion sizes are perfect - enough to sample the item in a few bites. Desserts were wonderful, and perfectly sized as well. Activities also favor women through the rules of the game.

The wifi is prehistorically slow, and any internet calls you make will likely drop a few minutes in. I’m not sure if this is strategic intention, or just circumstantial, but regardless, it adds to the appeal and experience. This is the first vacation I have ever taken, where I couldn’t respond easily to texts, emails, or phone calls, and it was AMAZING. Had the service been better, I wouldn’t have been able to “turn off” work the way I did. And because of this, people lived in the moment. From the way the activities are set up, the pool lounging arrangements, the restaurant seating- every single detail of this place guides people to interact with each other and live in the present. The down side of not having a phone, was not being able to jot notes down regarding names of people we met. One thing we noticed and greatly appreciated were the people that brought their own insulated cups that had their names on them- brilliant! Not sure if that was planned out, or just a happen so, but either way, this is what we will be doing next time.

Best advice I can possibly offer to someone going for their first time is participate in as many activities as you’re comfortable with. That’s the best way to meet people. Enjoy everything the resort has to offer, from the different restaurants, to the entertainment, the disco, sin room, or jacuzzi- each provides its own unique interactions and cumulatively adds to the overall experience. Don’t go in with preconceived ideas, just go where your adventure takes you. And if you don’t end up having some of the best sex of your life while here…. I’m not sure what to say. But there are opportunities to have the best sex of your life here, you just need to seize them. You will not regret booking a vacation to Desire. It is a magical place, unlike any other… but of course like everything in life, it’s what you make of it.

-Carrie
This was our first trip to Desire (1/24/23-1/28/23), and we will definitely be going back!

This is the most accurate and best trip report I've ever read. And I can say that every time is fun. Surrender to the flow and go for the ride.
Is the resort perfect? Nope. Is the the most fun we've ever had over and over again? Yes. The most social and happiest place on earth.
Viva Mexico.
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2024

Postby Cheers2US » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:04 pm

Bravo, great trip report! It's so refreshing to read a review from a first-timer; I always love the fresh perspective.

PS I was able to order iced coffee at the buffet for breakfast. It was wonderful.
A mix of nervousness + excitement
Cheers2US
Desire Superstar

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 03 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby WesleyButtercup » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:05 am

Fun to read the reports of a first timer and compare to several of the reports of "experienced" Desire people. Makes one reflect on their first time to the resort and how fun it was and the sensory overload it seemed to have on us. As is the norm in almost all things in life, it is generally our attitude that dictates our enjoyment or successes each day. Rather than focus on all the "crap" that is there or the things we don't like, perhaps we go back to the time we were a newbie/child and were experiencing things that give us mental hard-ons/woodies/chubbies/erections and just enjoy all the good and overlook things that bother us.

We are so glad we read this report and are able to reflect a little bit about the power of attitude as we are packing our bags for Desire RM and have an early morning flight tomorrow. We can't wait to get back to Desire and hope we see things through the eyes of a child... Well, uh... perhaps not a "child"-- but a Newbie, attending Desire for the first time. Just as Ebenezer Scrooge vowed to live Christmas year 'round and have the Christmas spirit always and avoid the chances for a humbug of a time, we, too vow to see things in life in a positive manner (and Desire visits, especially) and make sure our attitude is in check so we can enjoy the good whilst overlooking and minimizing the negative...

Just a few thoughts.

See you sexy ass people tomorrow in Mexico!!!!

Woot, woot!

b&w
Kasidie, SDC: buttercupwesley
DRM June 29 to July 5, 2023
WesleyButtercup
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 29 Jun 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Postby tikihutguy » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:29 pm

WesleyButtercup wrote:Fun to read the reports of a first timer and compare to several of the reports of "experienced" Desire people. Makes one reflect on their first time to the resort and how fun it was and the sensory overload it seemed to have on us. As is the norm in almost all things in life, it is generally our attitude that dictates our enjoyment or successes each day. Rather than focus on all the "crap" that is there or the things we don't like, perhaps we go back to the time we were a newbie/child and were experiencing things that give us mental hard-ons/woodies/chubbies/erections and just enjoy all the good and overlook things that bother us.

We are so glad we read this report and are able to reflect a little bit about the power of attitude as we are packing our bags for Desire RM and have an early morning flight tomorrow. We can't wait to get back to Desire and hope we see things through the eyes of a child... Well, uh... perhaps not a "child"-- but a Newbie, attending Desire for the first time. Just as Ebenezer Scrooge vowed to live Christmas year 'round and have the Christmas spirit always and avoid the chances for a humbug of a time, we, too vow to see things in life in a positive manner (and Desire visits, especially) and make sure our attitude is in check so we can enjoy the good whilst overlooking and minimizing the negative...

Just a few thoughts.

See you sexy ass people tomorrow in Mexico!!!!

Woot, woot!

b&w

:L :D 8)
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya