Three times the fun! June Trip Report.

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Three times the fun! June Trip Report.

Postby travelingcpl68 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:41 pm

My husband and I just returned from our third trip to Desire in a year. Each trip has been different, and while things aren't 100% perfect, we saw many improvements. This isn't the most exhaustive trip report, but I did want to highlight the areas that stood out most to us.

The Disco: Wow. I mean, WOW. It's beautiful! The playroom is so much nicer. The bathroom: I can't even begin to describe how much nicer it is. No more weird sewer smell, no more dated decor. The only issue is there are already holes (probably from stilettos) in the fabric of the seating which is unfortunate. They just finished remodeling not long ago! I realize it is Desire and you're supposed to let loose and feel free, but take care of the place, don't trash it by standing and jumping on things that aren't made to withstand the abuse.

The Gym: All new equipment. It was so nice to have modern working equipment.

Suki: love the new menu. The restaurant doesn't take reservations but they didn't take reservations our previous two trips either. It never looked full but would be close to full between 7:30 and 8. It's not a big restaurant. Also, hibachi is great but it does require reservations, and you will need to reserve a couple of days in advance. There are three seatings, 6, 7:30, and 9. I heard the 7:30 slot was reserved for Passion Suite guests but we did get seats for 7:30 that we reserved three days ahead of time.

Now the negatives. The pool chair issue. It is pretty ridiculous and I've seen multiple posts about it so no need to repeat it all. Since occupancy was lower our first two trips due to swine flu and then time of year, we weren't sure if this was a new thing or was typical for high occupancy times. Just be prepared to either get up really early to reserve your spot or get a beach bed.

In our minds, the positives still far outweigh any negatives. We've already booked another trip for October!
SLS and SDC: Travelingcpl68
travelingcpl68
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Oct 2021

Postby tahoeroby » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:17 pm

Great Report, we leave on Sunday and cant wait to get there this is our third trip to Desire Canucn. We agree with you, it would take something pretty bad to ruin our trip, we love Desire and use to go to Desire Cabo all the time. I look at this way i am on Vacation the booze is all you can drink the food is all you can eat, and the staff is always great out of a total of 14 trips we never had a bad time, and believe me there were plently of things that have gone wrong, but with a great staff and lots of great people to meet why let anything bother you.
tahoeroby
Desire Fan

Postby pelagiccouple » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:55 am

Thank you for the info... while this will be our first trip to Desire, we are not new to the lifestyle.. I am counting down the days! :wink:
pelagiccouple
Desire Lover

Re: Three times the fun! June Trip Report.

Postby allovatan » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:01 pm

"travelingcpl68"
Suki: Also, hibachi is great but it does require reservations, and you will need to reserve a couple of days in advance. There are three seatings, 6, 7:30, and 9. I heard the 7:30 slot was reserved for Passion Suite guests but we did get seats for 7:30 that we reserved three days ahead of time.

Where/How do you make the reservations? This will be our sixth trip, just never bothered to find out before (we are typically non planners when it comes to dinner)
allovatan
Desire Devotee

Postby travelingcpl68 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:27 pm

You make them at the restaurant itself. You can do it anytime its open and often there is someone there in the afternoon even before it opens for dinner.
SLS and SDC: Travelingcpl68
travelingcpl68
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Oct 2021

Postby allovatan » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Thanks, I gotta pay better attention.
allovatan
Desire Devotee

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya