Overdue Newbie Report - September 2022

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Overdue Newbie Report - September 2022

Postby OHRunner » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:49 am

Long overdue trip report from September 2022. But we just booked our second trip and I thought it was better late than never, right?

TLDR – Totally vanilla couple who took our first trip to RM as a 40th birthday trip for me (husband). Very apprehensive wife went along. We had a great time, and we’re going back.

Background – We’re an early 40’s couple married for 15 years. I had a bucket list item of having sex on the beach and found my way to Desire resorts via some internet sleuthing. I read everything I could about them and then presented the idea to my wife. It took her awhile to warm up the idea (it was a flat out NO, at first), but after a few conversations, she agreed to trust me, and the reservations were made!

Planning – Everything was easy. We booked a deluxe ocean view room and got on the waitlist for a passion suite, which we eventually got. It included airport transportation and butler service. Making the changes to the room was easily done over the phone.

First Impressions – We arrived in the middle of the day before our rooms were ready. Honestly, this made a somewhat awkward introduction to this kind of resort even a little more awkward. After getting our yellow wristbands and declining the membership sales presentation, we were shown to a locker room to change. We were both shown to the same locker room, which makes perfect sense if you think about it, but it seemed weird at the time. We got changed, talked to the pool attendant and were given the only open space by the pool. We spent a little while just taking in the sun and surroundings. Our room was ready right on time and we were introduced to our butler, Alfredo. He showed us everything in the room and told us exactly what we needed to know. After meeting him, the awkwardness of being first-timers faded substantially and we were on our way to what turned out to be a great vacation.

Overall impressions – I’ll skip the day-by-day details. Our days consisted of sitting by the pool, enjoying the drinks, and playing lots of beach volleyball with the playmakers and other guests. The food was good, the entertainment was great, and the guests were all really nice. We met several nice couples, one of whom we’ve stayed in contact with after the trip. I was nervous about how we would fit in at first, but it turned out not to be a problem at all.

Adult activities – I went into the trip with an open mind and zero expectations in this regard. My wife and I have different levels of comfort. I spent most of the pool time wearing only sunscreen and a hat. She kept her bikini on most of the time (except when flashing her boobs for a do-over serve in volleyball…house rules 8) ). No one ever said a thing. The nightly entertainment and disco were great. I’m not a huge fan of dancing, but something about the free-spirited atmosphere let me enjoy it more than normal. We didn’t venture up to the hot tub or partake in the sin room. We weren’t there yet. But, our alone time back in the room was…energized.

Negatives – There weren’t any, really. We had one very brief problem when the pool attendant assigned us some seats where another couple had put their backpacks behind the seats. Neither us nor the attendant ever knew they were there until they came to retrieve them and they seemed a little miffed about it.

Tips for first timers – Try to arrive early or after your room is ready. Bring your own drink cup with a reusable straw. Do the photoshoot! If you’re thinking about it but apprehensive, that’s normal. Just book it!
OHRunner

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 11 Aug 2023

Re: Overdue Newbie Report - September 2022

Postby desireaddict » Fri May 12, 2023 11:36 am

Great trip report!
Brings back a lot of Newbie memories.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Re: Overdue Newbie Report - September 2022

Postby 243Xfun » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:17 pm

Thanks for your report
We enjoy them all
We will be Nov. 23 “Yellow Banders”
243Xfun