Spirit Airlines & Lomas Travel

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Spirit Airlines & Lomas Travel

Postby lynm1955 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:49 pm

Airlines & transportation report ;

I would like to tell you about our eventful trip home. After a wonderful vacation at the Desire Resort from June 5th
Saturday morning June 12th we awoke to the news of the Spirit Airlines Pilots strike. We didn't think much of it because before we left for Cancun, I had called Spirit & they assured me that that there would be no problems and they would get us home & not to worry.

After seeing the news on TV we decided to see if we could get to the airport early.
I went to the lobby at Desire & Miguel called Lomas Travel and they agreed to come an hour early to pick us up to take us to the airport so we could make sure we got on a flight back home. That was really nice

Our Driver was named Armando and he was very nice & friendly as they all are.
. I asked him if he could have someone help us at the airport to find our way in finding tickets if Spirit was canceled. Armando introduced us to Jose' Chan who was excellent ,

Jose' walked with us to the Spirit counter & they told us all flights were canceled & that we were on our own. , , we were devistated, we had no lap top to research flights, we had no cell phones & did not know the Cancun Airport.

Jose' got his supervisor Jose' Gustavo-Osorio. Those two fine young men called American Airlines which would have put us into Miami & not Fort Lauderdale our home but it was good enough if we couldn't find another flight back to Florida & our options were closing fast.

They checked Jet Blue & possibly a couple other airlines to find us a flight home. they found us 4 tickets on Jet Blue and they had them held for us as we all walked together over to the other terminal & they stayed with us until we had our tickets.

they went out of their way to make sure we were totally safe & happy & on our way.,, , I do not know where we would have been without them
we thought of all the what if's and if hadn't been for Lomas who knows where we would have wound up.

We will never fly Spirit again but I do recommend to you , , if you go to Desire next year. Lomas Travel is excellent at the transfers to & from the airport & I highly reccomend them

for those of you who went with us on the Naked Catamaran cruise on Wednesday , Lomas also handled that above our expectations. it was also so much fun with Pepe' & Nacho
this kinda sounds like a commercial , , lol ,, , but we were just so glad to get home ,
I promised them I would tell you all.

Lyn
lynm1955

Postby SushiGirl » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:44 pm

Great to know! We always use Lomas as part of our deal with Castaways Travel.
SushiGirl
Desire Fan

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya